WESTWORLD Season 2

when the big reveal is that the valley beyond is a storage facility of host bodies of humans in the real world, i'll be intrigued but this season is taking the most roundabout, needlessly complex route to get there.

Nolan and Joy might get a little too wrapped in the need for non-linear/complex story structure to the point that the rest of the show suffers....

soldiers/defense/security teams that do not wear helmets despite being against robots that may very well have been programmed to headshot only is fucking baffling.

like imagine being put into a real life game of CS:GO but you know the terrorists ALL have aimbots....you're out of your fucking mind if you think I'm going against them without a helmet and only some kevlar body armor.

So far the most interesting thing about this show was Maeve's journey, but now that she's just conveniently back at the mesa, near death, kinda kills it for me.

prediction:

MIB: season ends to reveal the man in black is the first human to host transfer. He's been coming to the park for generations, if there was anyone who's "fidelity" and truth to their character was discovered, it would 100% be the guy who was at the park all the fucking time.

The big reveal here being that earlier flashback of someone running up the stairs, implying it was the MIB coming to see his dead wife, is actually going to be his daughter running up the stairs to see a dead MIB.

His daughters death will be the final fidelity test that Ford has orchestrated.

Arnold: Going to be fully taken over by Ford's programming, kinda like how they "killed off John Locke" in LOST but he had the other Man in Black inside him pretending to be him.

Maeve: no fucking clue. After getting shot up and brought back to the Mesa, I now have zero clue as to wtf her purpose is in the show. Her being shot up and returned to the mesa with Lee makes the entire side trip to Samuraiworld a huge waste of time and complete filler for the season.

in fact the shootout with MIB and Lawrence felt rushed as fuck as a sequence, and should've been a bigger deal than the show made it out to be.

Dolores & the sons of disaster
: all the hosts are going to transfer their brain cores into the awaiting real-life host bodies in storage (the valley beyond). All the dead bodies in the great sea are just the hosts discarded bodies, they're now in human-host bodies ready to infiltrate the mainland/world

I'm not sure what Dolores and them transferring into real bodies will do for them. All these people will be marked\known and now Dolores has a body of someone she has no idea who they are. Don't really see what advantage they gain over just keep their own bodies.

I'm not sure what Dolores and them transferring into real bodies will do for them. All these people will be marked\known and now Dolores has a body of someone she has no idea who they are. Don't really see what advantage they gain over just keep their own bodies.
They'd also have to completely recast everyone, right?

That seduction scene would have been more believable if she took the boobies out.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who thought "this scene is stupid, but fuck it, it's HBO and we're gonna get to at least see those boobs".

my expression after the scene ended:
P8ilx0e.gif

i'm sure i'm not the only one who thought "this scene is stupid, but fuck it, it's HBO and we're gonna get to at least see those boobs".

my expression after the scene ended:
P8ilx0e.gif
It's a post-Weinstein/#MeToo era. We're gonna be lucky to see any boobs that aren't Lena Dunham's or Amy Schumer's from here on out.

wheres the irony? This ep only bolsters my position. While you guys are nitpicking the tactical details of firefights, there is a grander narrative beneath the surface.
LOL, four episodes later. Nobody needs you for retroactive correction.

Yes, the Ford/Arnold binary is the driving thematic force. No shit. This duality is projected kaleidoscopically across the landscape, but most significantly in the contrast between Dolores and Maeve themselves. This "war" is a more philosophical/spiritual one in tone, but this season has been about both dragging across the landscape trying to be first to find the "center of the maze", and accruing followers along the way. One can't pretend the material world doesn't matter, or that physical violence doesn't matter, when entire episodes hinge on the death of a character for lacking the will to leverage violence towards these competing ambitions, or in a later episode a deus ex machina to resolve a subplot narrative where one of our main characters inexplicably triggers a superpower only after we've wrung out every spare drop of cheap drama that we can from the situation.

Now, if this was thinking man's cinema that was well done, as it was in the first season, I might find that interesting. "Is it a metaphor for the long-term turtle power of nonviolence?" But I'm not. Why? Because larger and more abstract philosophical ideas like that are only interesting when they're executed in a narrative that isn't a steaming pile of shit. It's a bad, uninteresting story with characters who are hard to care about.
ITB has been great this season. Shame that thread is dead, lots of interesting things and storybuilding going on in that show.

Regarding this past episode, i thought it was decent enough. Was happy to have Ford back. Not really sure how i feel about the MIB scene though.
The fact thread conversation died is telling you something.

I wasn't a big fan of the last episode, even though inhave been enjoying the season overall.
I wish they had spent more time in Shogun world, and more time on Maeve. I don't like that she's taken off the board.
I do find Dolores and her story a bit confusing, not entirely sure what she wants--and her hypocrisy just seems like it should be getting addressed more.

The gun shootouts here were epically retarded. I can understand the robots having perfect aim, but being a AI shouldn't mean you know everything. I don't see how elite military tactics fail so easily against all these individual robots whose only experience is in a old Western world.
And that fucking seduction scene was horrible writing. He thought he was going to get a blowjob or something from a psycho robot that was covered in blood and had a bullet in it?

LOL, four episodes later. Nobody needs you for retroactive correction.

Yes, the Ford/Arnold binary is the driving thematic force. No shit. This duality is projected kaleidoscopically across the landscape, but most significantly in the contrast between Dolores and Maeve themselves. This "war" is a more philosophical/spiritual one in tone, but this season has been about both dragging across the landscape trying to be first to find the "center of the maze" and accruing followers along the way. One can't pretend the material world doesn't matter, or that physical violence doesn't matter, when entire episodes hinge on the death of a character for lacking the will to leverage these towards these competing ambitions, or a deux ex machina to resolve a subplot narrative where one of our main character inexplicably triggers a superpower only after we've wrung out every spare drop of cheap drama that we can from situation.

Now, if this well thinking man's cinema that was well done, as it was in the first season, I might find that interesting. "Is it a metaphor for the long-term turtle power of nonviolence?" But I'm not. Why? Because larger and more abstract philosophical ideas like that are only interesting when they're executed in a narrative that isn't a steaming pile of shit. It's a bad, uninteresting story with characters who are hard to care about.

The fact thread conversation died is telling you something.
<Fedor23>
your invigorating analysis will be missed. Hey, there's always Game of Thrones, right?

<Fedor23>
your invigorating analysis will be missed. Hey, there's always Game of Thrones, right?
LOL, omg, stfu.

GoT
has suffered its own decline with RR in the wind, certainly, and they realized it, so they've taken two years to prepare the final season, but Game of Thrones turned out at least 4-5 seasons of the most extraordinary television of all time even if you feel it has suffered the same loss of control over the narrative since it ran out of source material. They earned some slack rope. This show gave us one good season before it ran out of good storytelling. It's a shitstain on the rug in the antechamber to GOT's great hall.

Wanna know who won't be missed? Any of the people involved with this show during awards season.

You come off like all the guys in the last three season of Dexter who were trying to tell us it was still a good show, or better yet: the guys advocating for season 2 of True Detective. Sorry, no, they weren't good anymore. They went to shit.

So did this.

LOL, omg, stfu.

GoT
has suffered its own decline with RR in the wind, certainly, and they realized it, so they've taken two years to prepare the final season, but Game of Thrones turned out at least 4-5 seasons of the most extraordinary television of all time even if you feel it has suffered the same loss of control over the narrative since it ran out of source material. They earned some slack rope. This show gave us one good season before it ran out of good storytelling. It's a shitstain on the rug in the antechamber to GOT's great hall.

Wanna know who won't be missed? Any of the people involved with this show during awards season.

You come off like all the guys in the last three season of Dexter who were trying to tell us it was still a good show, or better yet: the guys advocating for season 2 of True Detective. Sorry, no, they weren't good anymore. They went to shit.

So did this.
nah, I wont watch a bad show so I dipped out on Dexter after season 2. Same with TWD and TD. Which is why it puzzles me that you continue to watch Westworld when you find it such garbage.

nah, I wont watch a bad show so I dipped out on Dexter after season 2. Same with TWD and TD. Which is why it puzzles me that you continue to watch Westworld when you find it such garbage.
To give it chances to return to form. It has squandered them all. Don't worry, I'll be taking my leave shortly if I can even muster the will to finish this season. After all, if I said it was crap, but I wasn't still watching it, you'd try the, "How do you know it's bad if you don't watch it?"

I'm pleased I've reduced you to this binary refuge with such celerity.

Feel like this was one of the better episodes of the season

Tonto found his true love. So happy for him. Kohana is a dime piece

I wasn't a big fan of the last episode, even though inhave been enjoying the season overall.
I wish they had spent more time in Shogun world, and more time on Maeve. I don't like that she's taken off the board.
I do find Dolores and her story a bit confusing, not entirely sure what she wants--and her hypocrisy just seems like it should be getting addressed more.

The gun shootouts here were epically retarded. I can understand the robots having perfect aim, but being a AI shouldn't mean you know everything. I don't see how elite military tactics fail so easily against all these individual robots whose only experience is in a old Western world.
And that fucking seduction scene was horrible writing. He thought he was going to get a blowjob or something from a psycho robot that was covered in blood and had a bullet in it?

To me, Shogun world was cringefest, glad it ended quickly.

You come off like all the guys in the last three season of Dexter who were trying to tell us it was still a good show, or better yet: the guys advocating for season 2 of True Detective.

God I hope there was no single person who did both of those things.

Glad they made Sir Anthony Hopkins a guest star in the last couple of episodes. He was fantastic in the first season and it’s great that he is still trolling everyone beyond the grave

Im kind of confused on the last part. Is Akecheta being sleeved inside Maeve's body?

This was an epic episode that made me realize how legendary Native American culture was. The scenery and story telling was better than most movies.

Back