What’s the Deal with Unfrosted? -Jerry Seinfeld Movie Netflix

randy-jackson-its-a-no.gif

Because Jerry sucks. He owes his entire career to Larry David.

Jerry is simply an ok stand up and a pretty terrible actor.

Oh stop with this nonsense, those early seasons of Seinfeld sucked and that's because Larry was the main writer, once he started stepping back it started getting funnier and when he left the show completely it became nonstop hilarious

Because Jerry sucks. He owes his entire career to Larry David.

Jerry is simply an ok stand up and a pretty terrible actor.
Lotta truth in this post. I'm a huge Seinfeld show fan. I saw Jerry's standup in the first tour he did after the show and then again several years later and I was bummed. Describing his act as OK is generous. I saw Carlin as on old man, I believe on his last tour, and George was still as fresh and sharp as ever. Jerry wasn't even in the same league.

I tried watching it and it’s terrible. Just cuz they put up famous people in almost every scene they try to trick us.

Do not watch it. If this was a regular movie nobody would watch this shit.

Yeah, he's nothing without Larry David. Even with "Seinfeld", his character was probably the worst aspect of that show. He's not a good actor, nor is he a good writer. He happened to be at the right place at the right time, and starred in a show that just happened to share his name and made him a legend. The real legend is Larry David.

He was the worst character in Seinfeld, every other character made the show what it is
I was just Re watching that, only up to Season 5 so far

Oh stop with this nonsense, those early seasons of Seinfeld sucked and that's because Larry was the main writer, once he started stepping back it started getting funnier and when he left the show completely it became nonstop hilarious
I think they were all good, but you take Jerry out of the equation, theres no show.
People dont understand that.

I think they were all good, but you take Jerry out of the equation, theres no show.
They did take Jerry out in curb, and we were left with george. And George was my fav character. The difference is “george” is now married at least, and has a career.

A show just about George, or any other side character, would never have lasted, or would not have went anywhere. Jerry was the glue.

LD could've made that show with an ice cream sandwich as the main character. I get what you're saying, but I think Larry David proved that it was his writing that carried that show, when he just plum decided to make a show about himself, that was arguably better. Larry David himself, and a whole lot of others in Curb, aren't exactly shooting for Emmy's with their amazing performances. It's the situations he creates and riffs on, that bring the laughs. There really isn't an "Al Bundy" carrying anything. All the comedy comes from the writing.

They did take Jerry out in curb, and we were left with george. And George was my fav character. The difference is “george” is now married at least, and has a career.

A show just about George, or any other side character, would never have lasted, or would not have went anywhere. Jerry was the glue.
Thats what people dont understand. You needed his character to bind all the others.

I’ve watched Seinfeld twenty times over. My all-time favorite sitcom. And I’m always surprised when people say Jerry himself was the weak link.

Saying Jerry was the weakest actor of the main four just seems obvious and he probably would have said it himself. But that’s not a knock to him. It just speaks to how great Alexander, Dreyfus, and Richards were. So I’m not questioning people saying he’s number 4 among the leads but I dispute the notion that he wasn’t a great part of the show.

Almost all the interactions between Jerry and George are priceless. And as funny as George is, Jerry egging him on, feeding his preoccupations and pettiness made it that much funnier.

“Well if he didn’t take the raisins, who did?
“That’s what I’m trying to find out..”

“imagine her taking credit for your Big Salad.

More than that, his delivery was often hilarious. Take one of my favorite of those George/Jerry moments. George is desperate to get out of his relationship with Susan while they are working on the NBC pilot..

“She has a huge crush on David Letterman. She talks about him all the time. He works for NBC. I work for NBC. Let’s say I bump into David Letterman. I tell him my situation. He agrees to meet Susan. They fall madly in love and Susan leaves me for David Letterman.”

“And this is your plan.”

“No, no im just thinking.”

“I don’t think you are.”- line deliveries like that were classic Jerry. And they always made me laugh.

Factor in that Kramer as zany and hilarious as he was often had great exchanges with Jerry, too. Honestly, I feel like 9/10 of Kramer’s scenes were with Jerry. Could you imagine that character working if Jerry wasn’t part of the series and it was just George, Elaine, Kramer and the supporting cast. The dynamic between Elaine and Jerry was great as well. The overall quality of the show benefited from that dynamic between characters and Jerry was integral in that regard.

Last edited:
As for this movie. I’ll give it a watch but the reviews seem pretty damning.

One thing that seems clear to me is that Jerry and Larry David are spiritually similar comedic minds. What I mean by that is that they find the same sort of things funny. They enjoy the humor in the mundane or in the awkwardness of certain social interactions. Curb is so great because it, much like Seinfeld, leans into those things. Jerry’s non-Seinfeld projects as an actor, though, haven’t really seemed to do so. Instead he’s gone with these odd concept comedies- be it Bee Movie with the bee suing people or this one with the invention of the Pop Tart.

I think the reason these things are not particularly effective is because they are deviating from the real-world, observational elements that typifies Seinfeld’s comedic sensibilities.

people are saying Jerry is the weakest/worst part of Seinfeld again, @Bullitt68

People are stupid. What can we do about that? Anyone with functioning brain cells should've known immediately that this pop tart movie would be silly nonsense that Jerry used as an excuse to hang out with a bunch of his comic friends and make money - for which I won't begrudge the man - but Seinfeld is the GOAT sitcom, Jerry is one of the GOAT stand-ups, and there's a reason that Curb Your Enthusiasm is improvised: Because Larry is all about structure and plot points while Jerry is the dialogue man. Larry can't write dialogue without Jerry, so he creates a show that's all improv so he doesn't have to, but when Larry left Seinfeld, Jerry took on the double duty of story and dialogue, and he still produced two hilarious seasons of TV. People who can't recognize Jerry's comedic savvy are like people who use dental tape.

71119592-cde9-4a7d-abf0-d4fd2d2a80a8_text.gif

Back