Movies What’s your favorite tears inducing scene in a movie?

Blue is the warmest color makes me jerk something but it isn't tears.

JmNyb3A9MQ

the final two scenes of Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris

The end scene of 2001's "Sweet November" with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron, fucked me up something serious the first (and only) time I watched it.

I broke down to my knees ugly crying at that scene walking from the kitchen back into the living room with a glass of orange juice that I almost dropped.

Fortunately, I was alone in the house.

That was in 2003 and I have refused to watch the movie since.

Won't do it.

And this scene from "Of Mice and Men" was heart-breaking:

Last edited:
Sling blade has 2 scenes that do this to me.

The first is when Carl goes back to his childhood home and you get to see the shed and the hole in the ground where he used to sleep, and after everything that happened he still offers to cut his dad's lawn.

The other is near the end when Carl starts going around one by one telling his friends what they meant to him and you suddenly realize what he's planning to do.

Click has a couple scenes that might make a lesser man than me sniffle a little bit.

"Schindler's List" - When Neeson fumbles the ring and goes on a desperate rant about saving more lives.

"Scarface" - When Montana kills Manny, and the sister comes running down the stairs hysterically. That soundtrack gets into my bones.

"Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind" - For some reason, that Kirsten Dunst speech in the middle of it gets to me.

Movies?

Marley & Me - when he is saying goodbye to Marley

Big Fish - carrying his father into the woods

Armageddon - when Bruce Willis tells his little girl he won't be able to keep her promise, he dies so she can live. I have three daughters, and that's a conversation I hope I never have to have

TV

For as big as a fuck up as Will Smith is, he nailed one scene...

When he breaks to Uncle Phil about his father not wanting him.

Passion of the Christ- Jesus last words to his mother Mary

The Shawshank Redemption- Andy in the rain

Magnolia- Tom Cruise talking to his dying father

The end scene of 2001's "Sweet November" with Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron, fucked me up something serious the first (and only) time I watched it.

I broke down to my knees ugly crying at that scene walking from the kitchen back into the living room with a glass of orange juice that I almost dropped.

Fortunately, I was alone in the house.

That was in 2003 and I have refused to watch the movie since.

Won't do it.

And this scene from "Of Mice and Men" was heart-breaking:

I have never seen the movie, but I remember reading the book of “Of Mice and Men” as part of a study group (I’m a teacher).

I remember reading the last few pages together as a class and almost crying in front of my students. The ending is heartbreakingly sad.

Back