What a horrible mistake by Eddie with that elbow strike to lose position

In other words, it doesn't specify to the head. Lots of strikes are illegao to the head that are legal to the body. Kicks and knees to downed opponents for instance.

Explain Romero's TKO then? Some of these elbows are about as straight down as you can get without whipping out a measuring tape or holding up a clock.

Yeah those certainly look illegal. A guy getting away with illegal shots doesn't justify it a different time though. It doesn't specify where because they are illegal anywhere. All the fighters are told this every time they fight at the prefight rules meeting. Eddie is a vet and knows damn well that strike is illegal.

Why the fuck did he have to be stood up for throwing a 12-6 elbow to the shoulder?

i get that it's illegal. deduct a point if you have to. No reason for him not to keep position.

How the fuck would you do something illegal enough to get a point deducted but get to keep dominant position?

Do you people read this shit before you post it? I mean God damn.

Agreed, he was about to go up 20-18 imo and then he went full moron

Bad coaches

As for the Romero fight, ref was already going to stop that fight

Lol at eddies corner. Im not an eddie fan,and porier used cowboys strategy of cutting off w knees to the body,but goddamnit eddie went down swingin,like a man.

Dont forget the fence grabbing there Andrei. Seems like Alvarez has been making a lot of mental mistakes in his fights now.

the funniest part is that it was his corner advice

almcnJ4.jpg

Yep. There's that supposed underrated striking guru Mark Henry giving out awesome advice.

In other words, it doesn't specify to the head. Lots of strikes are illegal to the head that are legal to the body. Kicks and knees to downed opponents for instance.

Explain Romero's TKO then? Some of these elbows are about as straight down as you can get without whipping out a measuring tape or holding up a clock.

tumblr_mzhpfo0rpx1qaa8d1o2_250.gif
That ref is an idiot. He should have stood them up on that first elbow.

So glad we have this rule. Just look at this carnage!

1024px-Breaking_technique.jpg

After this shit eddie should really consider changing camp.

In other words, it doesn't specify to the head. Lots of strikes are illegal to the head that are legal to the body. Kicks and knees to downed opponents for instance.

tumblr_mzhpfo0rpx1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

As I understand it, Romero’s elbows there are legal because of the way he’s arcing his forearm. I think it’s the arm position as well as the angle. Or I could just be completely wrong...

i honestly think he bought into the most violent man thing and was going for blood. terrible move but like everyone said, its an illegal move and they train for that

Ultimately I don't think it woulda made a difference. I think Poirier has thoroughly demonstrated his superiority across these two fights. He beats Alvarez 4/5 times.

he had him mounted against the cage - how does that not make a difference

In Eddie's defence, there's not much of a precedent for fights being reset for illegal strikes to the shoulder from mount.

Did gsp get stood up when he used 12 6 elbows?

Also held the fence in order to defend what could've been a finishing guillotine while they were still dry.

the fence grab was the real illegal move, the 12-6 elbow was just a make up call

Back