What are some examples of “lucky” occurrences…

He was not getting outboxed, Yan was having issues with the length and pace of early rnds.
Thrown on his head? Those TDs did no damage and amounted to absolutely nothing. They looked cool for sure

It was 2x 29-28 Yan and 1x 29-28 Sterling and Sterling was entirely gassed in the fourth. It would be more accurate to describe Sterling's junk volume as "did no damage and amounted to absolutely nothing."

Not a luck move at all.
If you watched the fight, you would notice Yair attempted it several times previously.
TKZ rushes forward with his chin in the air. Yair was looking to move out the center line and strike down it
He literally head butted Zombie in the face. The finish should have been over turned and Zombie should have won by decision.

the ref didn't stop it when Anderson Silva knocked him out with a jumping switch knee.

2be9icbcz4b31.gif

t_y_z_.gif

That knee was so god damn gorgeous. What the fuck was Bisping thinking taking his focus off Andy for his mouthpiece lol.

Anderson not getting that last-minute triangle on Chael in their first fight.

Although I suppose Chael probably would’ve been stripped for having T levels higher than the Liver King, so maybe Silva’s reputation wouldn’t have suffered so badly.

Also, if Anderson wins the rematch (like he did), then it wouldn't really have hurt his legacy. Pena beating Nunes doesn't really hurt Nunes' legacy as she got the win back in dominant fashion.

Mighty Mouse vs. Uncle Creepy
If they would have went to a deciding round Ian probably would have won (dominated the 3rd) and both careers could have changed drastically

Biggest fiasco in MMA history.

That knee was so god damn gorgeous. What the fuck was Bisping thinking taking his focus off Andy for his mouthpiece lol.
The trajectory of their respective careers could have been so drastically different, had the ref stopped it there.
<6>

that totally changed how a fighter is viewed.

For example, in a slightly different world, Yan doesn’t knee a downed Aljo and goes on to win a dominant 50-45 and everyone here is saying Aljo is trash and not champ level.

Another recent one would be the Leon headkick KO of Usman. If he doesn’t get that he loses the decision fairly decisively and would be thought of totally differently as a fighter.

People were saying that about Alijo after the DQ if we're being honest.

Leon was still going to get props for losing a 3-2 to Marty the way Colby did. If Marty wins that fight hes the 2nd best fighter ever behind Jones. No shame in losing to Marty who was going for the official(*)win streak record.

Well, he won.
He’s lucky to have won; it looked to me like he need help getting to his stool. He also seemed too out of it to immediately get back to his feet or intelligently defend himself. I think he got KO’d but was saved by the bell, in Boxing if you’re defenseless for a likely 10 second duration, the ref is supposed to stop the fight no matter how little time is left.

Phil Baroni predicting Kazushi Sakuraba to Win by Knock Out against Yoon Dong Sik when he was guest commentator for that fight. I remember thinking, what the hell is Baroni talking about? Sakuraba’s NEVER scored a knockout before. Low and behold, not even a minute into the fight lol…

What are some examples of “lucky” occurrences…”

I feel my post is appropriate lol

Alex's first 3 wins over Izzy, even with that backstory he was still the underdog in the 4th

He’s lucky to have won; it looked to me like he need help getting to his stool. He also seemed too out of it to immediately get back to his feet or intelligently defend himself. I think he got KO’d but was saved by the bell, in Boxing if you’re defenseless for a likely 10 second duration, the ref is supposed to stop the fight no matter how little time is left.
I don´t believe in luck. Conceive, believe, achieve. The count won.

Back