What are the biggest UFC fights currently possible?

piropiro

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

In my opinion (PPVs estimate and chance of happening):

McGregor vs Khabib - 2 million PPVs - 80% chance

McGregor vs GSP - 2 million PPVs - 70% chance

McGregor vs Nate - 1.8 million PPVs - 60% chance

McGregor vs anyone else - 1.5 million PPVs - 20% chance

GSP vs Khabib - 1.5 million PPVs - 50% chance

Lesnar vs Jones - 1.5 million PPVs - 20% chance

Lesnar vs DC - 1.2 million PPVs - 50% chance

McGregor vs Floyd (MMA rules) - 5 million PPVs - 1% chance (never say never)

This looks like a McNut-Hugger thread to me.

Conor, is that you?

FryEvilGlare.gif~c200

Conor, is that you?

FryEvilGlare.gif~c200

Actually I am a GSP appreciator and not a great Conor fan at all, but it does not take a genius to recognise who pulls the biggest audience in MMA at the moment, regardless of idiotic behaviour at bus stops and weather I like him or not.

Stipe/DC super fight in terms of significance. As far as the numbers, I hope it does well.

But yes, anything Conor related is a draw.

GSP-Khabib isn't that appealing....no way would it break 1 million.

The rest are fairly accurate I think.

In my opinion (PPVs estimate and chance of happening):

McGregor vs Khabib - 2 million PPVs - 80% chance

McGregor vs GSP - 2 million PPVs - 70% chance

McGregor vs Nate - 1.8 million PPVs - 60% chance

McGregor vs anyone else - 1.5 million PPVs - 20% chance

GSP vs Khabib - 1.5 million PPVs - 50% chance

McGregor vs Floyd (MMA rules) - 5 million PPVs - 1% chance (never say never)

well take conor fllyd jones and brock out of it.

Floyd not that stupid to get in a mma cage, brock not reentered testing pool so that all hot air, conor never coming back an d jones see you in 2022.

biggest fight ufc an make is khabib vs eddie.

Depends on the meaning of 'biggest' - I'd like to see...

Ortega vs Holloway
Conor vs Khabib with Tony facing the winner after he heals
Nate vs Conor will still fly, although it's not a legit fight for McG at this current point
Stipe vs Cormier is Huge. It's gonna be a knock out, drag out brawl to the end. Can't wait for this one
Jones vs Gus 2 - The Return of Bones will be must-see despite what his detractors might throw out
Nick Diaz vs Robbie Lawler (or Anybody)
Brock Lesnar vs A Flaming Double-decker Bus that runs over and disembowels that fat :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: so we don't have to listen to casuals and inbred fans of pro-wrestling talk about his potential and completely unnecessary return to the octagon

Gus vs Ngannou/Jones/Miocic
Romero vs Gastelum/Whitakker
Woodley vs Masvidal/Till/Nick Diaz
Khabib vs Mcgregor/Diaz
Holloway vs Diaz
DJ vs Cruz/TJ

well take conor fllyd jones and brock out of it.

Floyd not that stupid to get in a mma cage, brock not reentered testing pool so that all hot air, conor never coming back an d jones see you in 2022.

biggest fight ufc an make is khabib vs eddie.

I think Conor 100% comes back ... has too much ego, likes - and burns - money too much, also ultimately at the moment the UFC needs him so eventually they'll throw whatever sum at him ... enough money and almost anyone comes back.

GSP vs Khabib does 500k.

Conor vs Tyron Woodley does 1.5 million.

Both would be bigger IMO
But Lesnar & Stipe is the fight that has the biggest chance of happening

Both would be bigger IMO
But Lesnar & Stipe is the fight that has the biggest chance of happening

Yes forgot Lesnar - Stipe, although I think Lesnar - DC would do bigger numbers somehow ... I might be wrong but to me Stipe unfortunately seems to fly completely under the media and mainstream radar, in fact even many regular followers of the sport are not so interested in him, pity as he is a great fighter and currently by popular definition the "baddest man on the planet"...

Conor, is that you?

FryEvilGlare.gif~c200

Really?
i think more of a Khabib hugger

1.5m for GSP & Khabib?
More for Conor/Khabib than Diaz or the same as GSP with Conor?
lol

Yes forgot Lesnar - Stipe, although I think Lesnar - DC would do bigger numbers somehow ... I might be wrong but to me Stipe unfortunately seems to fly completely under the media and mainstream radar, in fact even many regular followers of the sport are not so interested in him, pity as he is a great fighter and currently by popular definition the "baddest man on the planet"...

Lesnar coming back to fight a dominant UFC HW is bigger than DC (even if DC wins)
There is starting to be aura about Stipe

If he beats DC (i think he does) than there is the "We had to get brock back to find someone to beat Stipe" thing.

But you have a point about DC as far as him doing publicity.
Stipe admits he hates it & only does the minimum, but the PPV points alone with Brock should get him off his ass lol

Really?
i think more of a Khabib hugger

1.5m for GSP & Khabib?
More for Conor/Khabib than Diaz or the same as GSP with Conor?
lol

Not a particular fan of Khabib but I think he is becoming a legitimate draw with mainstream recognition, to pair him up with a legend of the sport like GSP could do big numbers if the UFC puts some serious promotion behind it, although you are right probably not near Conor levels ... 1-1.2 million.

Not a particular fan of Khabib but I think he is becoming a legitimate draw with mainstream recognition, to pair him up with a legend of the sport like GSP could do big numbers if the UFC puts some serious promotion behind it, although you are right probably not near Conor levels ... 1-1.2 million.

I think you are too optimistic, but I won't slam you for avoiding the usual negative mantras on here

Khabibs only headlining fight did about 300k.
GSP did about 900k with Bisping & Bisping promoted his ass off.
Both were in NYC - the media center of the world

Last edited:
Back