What are the greatest 8-bit, and 16-bit games of all time?

Metroid

Super Metroid
bSx3NP5.gif

Very hard to choose, I'd say for 8 bit it is Super Mario Bros as for 16 bit, no idea. So many good 16 bit games out there Super Metroid, Zelda Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger etc

8 bit era in all honesty sucked ass. The hardware was too limiting. I guess Mario 3, since it’s one of the few I can still play today.

16 bit is a different story. So many greats to choose from I don’t even know

8 bit era in all honesty sucked ass. The hardware was too limiting. I guess Mario 3, since it’s one of the few I can still play today.

16 bit is a different story. So many greats to choose from I don’t even know
It didn’t suck ass when it was new, oh the hours playing as a kid and waiting for Christmas or a bday to get a new game!

The excitement was way more for me back then than now for sure

It didn’t suck ass when it was new, oh the hours playing as a kid and waiting for Christmas or a bday to get a new game!

The excitement was way more for me back then than now for sure
I loved the NES when I was a kid too. Trying to play it now though is pretty hard to suffer through. 16 bit games not as much

So, so any games... Picking the best is really tough...

8 bit Dragon Warrior 3-4
16 bit Chrono Trigger-Earthbound

Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden II for me.

Just the way Tecmo told the NG story was amazing when you consider the limitations 8-bit had. Even the stellar NG on Xbox couldn't match the 8-bit's cinematics.

8 bit: Super Mario Bros 3, Ninja Gaiden III, Megaman 2, Castlevania III, Super Contra...

16 bit: Super Metroid, Sonic 2, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Earthworm Jim 2, Megaman X, Yoshi's Island, Contra III, Terranigma, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Earthbound, Gunstar Heroes...

I loved the NES when I was a kid too. Trying to play it now though is pretty hard to suffer through. 16 bit games not as much

I agree with that. You really got an enormous gap between 8 and 16. The SF2 on SUPER NES was not arcade but was so good that i played it all day at home (sorry for the bar owner who had it). 8 bit games were not on that level...except double dragon 3 maybe but it was at the end of the nes

Shinobi was a great 8 bit game. Rambo III was a first person shooter where you actually used the gun pointed at the screen. Ahead of its time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back