What are the odds that Jiri decides to go grapple heavy against Pereira?

What are the odds Jiri tries to grapple fk Pereira?

• 100%

• 75%

• 50%

• 25%

• 5%

• You're nuts; never

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sean_wongster_wongmastter

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I think there's actually some chance of this happening....

Jiri has been out for a long time... he won his last fight by submitting Glover and being grapple fked by Glover for like 3 rounds.

So... we have someone who is out for more than a year. Won his last fight by submission, while also getting worked by Glover on the ground until he turned it around...

Dude could legit either fall in love with grappling because he subbed a great BBJ guy, or decide that his grappling was too weak because Glover took him down and controlled him a lot, so he trains the breaks off it.

While... also in terms of game planning, we have Pereira, who's greatest weakness (although improved a lot) is still grappling. If you are game planning for Pereira, you'd think you'd focus on takedowns.

What do you think are the odds that we see Samurai Jiri turn into NCAA-All American Jiri?

I think there's actually some chance of this happening....

Jiri has been out for a long time... he won his last fight by submitting Glover and being grapple fked by Glover for like 3 rounds.

So... we have someone who is out for more than a year. Won his last fight by submission, while also getting worked by Glover on the ground until he turned it around...

Dude could legit either fall in love with grappling because he subbed a great BBJ guy, or decide that his grappling was too weak because Glover took him down and controlled him a lot, so he trains the breaks off it.

While... also in terms of game planning, we have Pereira, who's greatest weakness (although improved a lot) is still grappling. If you are game planning for Pereira, you'd think you'd focus on takedowns.

What do you think are the odds that we see Samurai Jiri turn into NCAA-All American Jiri?
Rumor has it that Jiri has been training under Jailton

<Prem974>

Both guys are subpar grapplers by UFC standards, but Poatan is far worse.

Alex has some of the worst overall grappling of ranked fighters across all divisions. Jiri will most definitely take advantage of this when its available.

I would say greater than 35.0%. He's not striking with the guy.

Maybe if the opportunity is there but I don’t think he’ll try to get it to the ground.

Jiri is the kind of guy to try and submit Glover and outstrike Poatan… he’s a wild man.

Poatan is the last dude you wanna be standing with. Jiri better take the Jan route.

Need more choices. I predict an oddly specific 17%.

100%

in embeded ep.1, you can see him visualizing the takedown and striking from above

in embedded ep.2, he mixes up a takedown with clinch strikes

Both guys are subpar grapplers by UFC standards, but Poatan is far worse.

Alex has some of the worst overall grappling of ranked fighters across all divisions. Jiri will most definitely take advantage of this when its available.
Jiri is worser on the ground by far. Got mounted like 5-6 times against Glover who is now Pereiras coach.

Can Jiri stop Poatan standing? For sure, he has got fight ending power.

Is it likely? Not too likely, Poatan is more technical and can land as hard as him.

Grappling is the smart path for Jiri. He will mix it up IMO.

Very high
Any time he gets tagged he’ll just take alex down and wear him out

By the later rounds Alex will be tired, Jiri can submit him or tko him standing or on the ground

Jiri went toe to toe with glover on the ground and submitted him

no way Alex survives unless he lands a bomb when jiri gets sloppy

but Jiri should be the favorite

Can Jiri stop Poatan standing? For sure, he has got fight ending power.

Is it likely? Not too likely, Poatan is more technical and can land as hard as him.

Grappling is the smart path for Jiri. He will mix it up IMO.

Jan landed heavy shots on Alex, if it was MW Alex he woulda been out

And Jan has a shit gas tank

jiri will land heavier bombs throughout 5 rounds while mixing in grappling

Alex can’t survive the pace Jiri put on glover

Jiri’s sloppiness is definitely something to watch out for I get it, someone like Alex just needs one good timed shor

But if Jiri game plan is a bit more defensive he wins this fight

Back