what are the Top 5 HBO tv series in your opinion?

Too lazy to do a top five, but in my opinion, there's a clear and present number one.

Best thing that has ever been on television, period.

In-their-words-William-Guarnere.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_ozv9l5ALdS1w08sx8o1_500.gif

No way. There is only so much backstabbing and buttfucking a straight man can take.

I watched it live as it aired way back when and that is the only time I have ever watched it.

Everytime I think about watching it again I think about what you just said and end up watching something else

No way. There is only so much backstabbing and buttfucking a straight man can take.

It first to feature LGBT in such a raw, and inyophace manner.

It held nothing back. Violence, racism, sex, revenge, all portrayed as realistically as possible in the worst possible setting.

I watched it live as it aired way back when and that is the only time I have ever watched it.

Everytime I think about watching it again I think about what you just said and end up watching something else
Me too.

Everyone was raving about it when it came out, and I did enjoy it, for about 2 or 3 seasons. After that, it just became the same over and over.

1) The Knick
2) Eastbound and Down
3) Vice Principals
4) Silicon Valley
5) Six Feet Under

Me too.

Everyone was raving about it when it came out, and I did enjoy it, for about 2 or 3 seasons. After that, it just became the same over and over.

I did really enjoy agustus narrating and all the little points he would make

Like talking about when you hate a mother fucker its usually the mother fucker part of yourself that you hate and things like that

It was really a brutal show to watch and I think because it handnt been done before thats what made it amazing but now that you can find good drama and stylized violence everywhere it doesnt seem to carry as much water

that dude rammin the spoon up ribans ass was just horrible

Man, I might be the only one who thinks Rome ended perfectly. It had its story, and it told it in 2 seasons. I prefer a concise show to one that goes on longer than it should have.
Apparently the showrunners were clued in by HBO that they were going to cancel the show before planning the second season, and so they compressed the rest of the entire series into season two. The Mark Antony / Cleopatra angle was supposed to span a few seasons and conclude around season seven, IIRC.

Apparently the showrunners were clued in by HBO that they were going to cancel the show before planning the second season, and so they compressed the rest of the entire series into season two. The Mark Antony / Cleopatra angle was supposed to span a few seasons and conclude around season seven, IIRC.
On one hand, more Rome might have been cool. On the other, they made 2 seasons chock full of awesomeness. Not sure how to feel about this revelation lol

Oz
GoT
The Leftovers
True Detective
Westworld although it's gone a bit poop

The Wire
Game of Thrones
Sopranos
True Detective Season 1
Other than those i've seen the first season of Rome, Oz, Carnivale, True Blood, and TD season 2. I didn't have HBO for awhile, so some i didn't see the rest, and some i just wasn't that interested in continuing watching.

OZ was epic, then i just stopped watching for some reason.

Deadwood
The Sopranos
Game of Thrones
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Honorable mention to "Rome". If that show was allowed to realize it's ambition, and every season was as good and rich as season 1, it would've been a true GOAT contender. As is, it has one of the best seasons of all time.
Rome was amazing. Scene below destroys each and every other Roman arena scene by orders of magnitude.

13!!!!!!

On one hand, more Rome might have been cool. On the other, they made 2 seasons chock full of awesomeness. Not sure how to feel about this revelation lol

Just think of Brutas' relatively short arc in Season 2, stretched out for an entire season. You can tell a lot of the major plot points in season 2 were supposed to be fully fleshed out seasons themselves.

That said, all things considered, season 2 isn't bad. It just feels really rushed. At least they somewhat pulled off their vision, and there was a proper conclusion and we weren't left with anything unresolved. Looking at you, Deadwood.

Aside from that, it honestly doesn't hold up that well. OZ seemed really raw and authentic when it came out, because there wasn't much on TV like it, and it pushed a lot of boundaries. Watching it now, it's kind of cartoonish and over the top to a silly degree. It's still a decent show, but it has lost a lot of it's appeal over the years since other shows have done raw and gritty, far better than OZ ever did.

The Wire
Deadwood
Oz
Rome
Game of Thrones

Of the ones I've seen. Haven't seen Sopranos. First season of True Detective is one of the best seasons of television I've seen but as an entire show it fell off hard after that.

Back