What Are You Listening To? (Vol.49)

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Jackonfire & other Bob fans. Interesting article about the '66 Nashville Blonde on Blonde sessions. Bob was influenced by this song during the recordings of Absolutely Sweet Marie. http://www.electricdylan.net/Cutting Edge/Part 6 ISIS 189.pdf. I first heard it on a psychedelic compilation like Nuggets. Never knew the relation.

Thanks for that. I always like reading about Dylan's influences. I've read through The Philosophy of Modern Song a couple of times now. I wish he would write another volume of Chronicles. I've read about Doug Sahm from the Sir Douglas Quintet playing an impromptu gig with Leon Russell and Jerry Garcia on thanksgiving 1972. They covered a few Dylan songs like Mr. Tambourine Man and A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall among others. Anyway, I appreciate the link.

New Pearl Jam Single... from the album that's coming out April 19. Already better than anything on their last album.

Although Stone did say they album was going to be more "pop sounding"

@Jackonfire

That sounds pretty decent. I saw the news about the new album and tour and figured you would probably be getting tickets.

You're the only other person I've ever known of to listen to ex girl apart from me and my mate who randomly got into them in like 2004 or something
I just discovered them the other week. Still new to them but I dig it. Mike Patton apparently digs them and I can totally see why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back