What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Project Cars 2 any good? I might buy that if I can't find Gran Turismo 6 or good price on Gran Turismo Sport. I don't like the idea of needing to be online just to save single player data and if the servers get shut down.

Picked up Ghost Recon:Wildlands and I absolutely adore it. Like a co op MGSV in a lot of ways. Creeping into a base with one other player, a sniper watching picking people off as we move up taking people out, grabbing the shit we need and another player swooping in with an attack chopper to exfil us is exhilarating.

So many different ways to play, I'm currently dying over and over on the Predator mission. Creeping through the jungle and hearing that Predator click, opening fire into the treeline and seeing that green blood before he disappears to the trees again. Absolutely baller mission.

Also love that there's a mission where you have to assist Sam from Splinter Cell and there's even a Metal Gear Solid reference that hit me right in the feels.

I loved Wildlands too. It was kind of like everything I wanted Just Cause to be. I wanted a game with that setting, based on the idea of basically grinding slowing through enemy territory, but without the ridiculous gimmicks. Taken seriously. Wildlands delivered on that shit. Feel so slick tearing through the cartel. I loved the customization too. Being able to create your own guy and deck him out in different outfits and loadouts ... As a dude that loved Tom Clancy and that whole genre it delivered on military pron too.

Is Project Cars 2 any good? I might buy that if I can't find Gran Turismo 6 or good price on Gran Turismo Sport. I don't like the idea of needing to be online just to save single player data and if the servers get shut down.

Get an xbox one x and forza horizon 4.

I played Shovel Knight a few years ago but never finished it, started a new save file the other day and beat the game today, i'm gonna do the 2 dlcs next.

I played Shovel Knight a few years ago but never finished it, started a new save file the other day and beat the game today, i'm gonna do the 2 dlcs next.
Always a good feeling. *clink

Is that so good to warrant buying just for that game and maybe an old XBOX 360 game I bought used?

Yessir have you seen the Metacritic scores for it? Lots of reviewers are calling it the best Racing game ever made, not this gen, ever. Honestly, at this point it's more of a killer app then Halo, Gears, Sea of Thieves or State if Decay 2.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-4

Releases tomorrow if you bought the Ultimate edition. Otherwise us poor plebs have to wait till Tuesday for Global launch.

Is that so good to warrant buying just for that game and maybe an old XBOX 360 game I bought used?

I can't think of a game on any system that warrants a $500 console purchase. I'd get an S if I were you, or at the very least troll eBay if you're gonna get an x. FH is good but not $500 good.

I can't think of a game on any system that warrants a $500 console purchase. I'd get an S if I were you, or at the very least troll eBay if you're gonna get an x. FH is good but not $500 good.
I don't know anything about XBOX aside from backwards compatible, not sure if via disc, nonrechargable batteries in controller.

What's the diff betw S and X?

My main concern is I'd have to put something away in storage to make space. I have PS2, PS3, PS4, DVD player, DVR and don't have a lot of HDMI ports on the TV.

I read Forza Horizon 4 has higher framerate? Is higher framerate easily noticeable?

Last edited:
Some 30 hours into the thick of Dark Souls Remastered. Looks great, I think. There's a magic carrying this journey, grounded for a most human experience by its uplifting and humbling elements. Definitely just taking it all in without rush or recklessness. Build, you ask? Pyro bless.

My main concern is I'd have to put something away in storage to make space. I have PS2, PS3, PS4, DVD player, DVR and don't have a lot of HDMI ports on the TV.
All you really need. :p

"Dead Money" DLC from Fallout: New Vegas. Heads exploding all the time, poison gas, crippled but agile zombies, scarce resources. It's fuckin torture.

At this very moment, I'm about to start Police Quest. Found that I bought it on the cheap off Steam.

I don't know anything about XBOX aside from backwards compatible, not sure if via disc, nonrechargable batteries in controller.

I read Forza Horizon 4 has higher framerate? Is higher framerate easily noticeable?

Not ALL 360 games are compatible. Here's the list:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

Difference between s and x is better load times, higher framerate for Forza, better graphics - mostly depending on what kind of TV you have - and the difference between 30 and 60 is noticeable, but IMO not worth an extra $250.

I have Xbox One S, PS4 and Switch so I'm not biased - I was looking at the X myself to play red dead 2 on but once I saw the price I said fuck that. Plus you have a PS4 so think about what other exclusive games Xbox has that you want.

The X has a better processor and GPU so you are going to get faster load times, Native 4k resolution, and can have the option for smoother and better frame rates.

Like @Eazy123 said it's better to get an S unless you really want 4k resolution. The S is still a good option as it more inexpensive can still do HDR (High Dynamic Range) and has a 4k Blu-Ray player.

Higher frame rate really is noticeable. Here is a comparison test by Digital Foundry.

Last edited:
Still plugging along at AC Black Flag. Like this game, maybe not as much as Origins, but the map is pretty tight. Probably going to get as close to finishing it 100 percent as possible while I wait for RDR2

Started Valley yesterday. Pretty good and relaxing first person platformer with light combat. Has a pretty good story and voice acting too. Reminds me a bit of BioShock.

Just killing time till Tuesday though.

Five roads left to discover in Horizon 4 and can't for the life of me see where the fuck they are.

And some people are literally pushing level 100 already. Good God.

Five roads left to discover in Horizon 4 and can't for the life of me see where the fuck they are.

And some people are literally pushing level 100 already. Good God.

Took me forever to get those achievements in 2 and 3. I had to scour the map 7 times just to find a tiny little strip of road to discover. Only thing I can recommend is zoom right in and scan very slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back