What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, appreciate it, dude.

A physical map came with my game edition that includes a New Austin territory. Is this a whole new state to explore or is it available only after online launches? Distraction never fails when I think I'm to ride due south and check it out.

Chapter two of the epilogue takes place there, lol - so you've been there. New Austin is the entire map from Red Dead 1 - there's stuff to explore but no missions there. But you can explore it all you want. I believe the Legendary cougar is there on the west end.

Chapter two of the epilogue takes place there, lol - so you've been there. New Austin is the entire map from Red Dead 1 - there's stuff to explore but no missions there. But you can explore it all you want. I believe the Legendary cougar is there on the west end.
I'm again looking at the map and according to my interpretation, happenings in Epilogue, ch. II take place in the southernmost quadrants of West Elizabeth, in and around Manzanita Post and the Great Plains, for example. I see locations throughout this New Austin that I've never been to before, like Gaptooth Ridge, Armadillo, and lake Don Julio. Am I off my rocker here? Lol

'm again looking at the map and according to my interpretation, happenings in Epilogue, ch. II take place in the southernmost quadrants of West Elizabeth, in and around Manzanita Post and the Great Plains, for example. I see locations throughout this New Austin that I've never been to before, like Gaptooth Ridge, Armadillo, and lake Don Julio. Am I off my rocker here? Lol[/SPOILER]
Not off your rocker, none of those parts have any impact on the sequel's story and are more fanservice than anything. Blackwater, Beecher's Hope - those places play big parts in RDR1. I had always considered those New Austin but you're right - they're West Elizabeth.

I don't know bro. The only two console games I'm interested in besides RDR2 are both on PS4 (Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn). I'll have to look into what decent X Box exclusives there are

I have both an xbone S and a PS4. I literally never play the xbone. I only use it to watch CraveTV and UFC Fight Pass because neither app is on PS4. If you want to play games then get a PS4.

I don't know bro. The only two console games I'm interested in besides RDR2 are both on PS4 (Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn). I'll have to look into what decent X Box exclusives there are
Persona is the bomb. Horizon I felt was very overrated.

Xbox doesn't really have many decent exclusives. None that I'd warrant buying a Xbone for anyway. Forza is good, but system seller? Nah.

Horizon I felt was very overrated.
Same. HZD is a game I paid full price for (incl. expansion) and yet ended up indefinitely shelving; really couldn't get into it. I'm still a bit sour grapes so maybe I'll try again at some point. How many hours did you make it? Reckon I made it some 10 before calling it.

Same. HZD is a game I paid full price for (incl. expansion) and yet ended up indefinitely shelving; really couldn't get into it. I'm still a bit sour grapes so maybe I'll try again at some point. How many hours did you make it? Reckon I made it some 10 before calling it.
I think around 20 so I gave it a fair shot

Persona 5 is a tight ass game yo.

I've been playing God of War again as I'd originally lost interest and never finished.

I want to walk back some of my past criticism and chalk it up to being in the wrong headspace at the time. I'm having quite a bit of fun and really enjoy the timely Sun Tzu-like warring principles shared by Kratos and NPCs throughout.

Two original criticisms (read: opinions) that I'm standing by are (1) the combat isn't very robust, meaning it feels more a slashing at airborne spaghetti than really sinking my steel in and seeing full-bodied enemies crushed – although the R3 cinematics mid-fight bring the heat; and (2) that the overuse of glittery, light, or then magic effects – for example in that of chests, free-standing loot, and health items – give the journey a child-like veneer that I simply hate.

The story arc, however, from scenes of Atr. falling ill and seeking out Freya to my solemnly canoeing home mid-storm and then re-inheriting the blades of chaos was both memory-staying and manly AF. It really pulled me in.

And of course the general world as well as Kratos himself look just as impressive as I remember them looking. Will be finishing this time. Phrasing.

Sunk probably 70 hours into 7 Days to Die recently and a massive content dump happened so I'm probably in for another 100 hours or something

<{CMPALM}>

Just purchased Toby: The Secret Mine for a whopping 3 dollars lol. Looks like a cool Limbo clone. Cant wait to dive in.

astro bot is an absolute gem could be a legit VR system seller if more people knew about it

good job focusing all your marketing on pubg and black ops dlc sony....

If I can only get one of the following three:
The Last of Us Remastered
God of War
Monster Hunter: World

Which one should I get?

If I can only get one of the following three:
The Last of Us Remastered
God of War
Monster Hunter: World

Which one should I get?

Goddamn thats a hard choice, i can't even give an answer i absolutely loved all 3 of them.

Playing through Observer right now via Gamepass. An adventure thriller starring Rutger Hauer as a detective with augmentations. Not really vis-a-vie Adam Jensen. He has the ability to hack peoples minds and can also scan environments via a bio and magnetic scanner in his optics.

I remember Giantbomb talking this game up a lot last year. So I had to peep it (intended). I can see (not intended) why. Very atmospheric and immersive. There are scenes that are very creepy when you jack into someones head and dig around.

If you like cyberpunk dark dingy detective type games check out Observer. Not high on gameplay but more then a walking simulator.

Persona 4

I liked P5 quite a bit, and had this one DL'd for some time, but never dove into it. Gave it a proper shot a week ago. Great stuff. Love the story, and it's got that same P5 formula, so I'm right at home.

So i'm going along at a nice pace, and then I completely fuck myself. It took me a bit to figure out how the dungeons work, with there being no save points, except for in the final room. So I was grinding thinking the game was just brutally unforgiving, only to find out that it automatically saves your progress with each floor you clear once you exit. You just have to save after you exit, and then you're good. Fucked myself in the first dungeon, and died at the first mini-boss because I was so depleted. Took a break and went back, and that's when I discovered that you just have to exit the dungeon, and go back to continue where you left off. You need an item to get out immediately, but I didn't think much of it. Okay cool. Beat the first dungeon. Onto the second dungeon...

I clear three floors, do some social stats, go back into the dungeon and I'm flying through it. Hit the 9th floor and decided to leave because my characters were spent. Oh' yeah, that item you need to go back to the entrance. "Go-Hom" or some shit. Yeah, I had none. Completely fucked. Without that item, you have to go floor by floor all the way back to the entrance. Yeah, I died. Hour and a half lost. That's just great...

What fucking idiot came up with that shit? You need an item to return to the entrance? Why!?!? Its so pointless. Just let me go back, or have save rooms like P5. Why am I completely fucked without some dumb item you barely think about, that I forgot to stock up on? FUCK!

*sigh*

It's a pretty good game.

Just started playing GTA V on pc. I haven't played this series since Vice City on X-Box, which I put a ton of hours into back then. Wow, this game is gorgeous. I'm running it almost maxed out settings at 1440p at 60 fps. I cant wait to start sinking my teeth into some mods.

Also going through the Fight Night series on PS3. Still think Round 3 is the best, and it looks way better on PS3 than the original X-Box I originally had it on. It's much more responsive at throwing combinations. Champion looks awesome and I love the inside fighting but the controls have so much fucking lag it's almost unplayable. Plus they removed my favorite control scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back