What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the version I’m playing now, the doom 3 BFg version for 360.

That’s the disk that’s in my Xbox.

I could not get doom to launch with 2016 in the Xbox,I had to put doom 3 BFg in

And it has episode 4 on it??

I have the BFG Edition for my PS3 and I’m 99% sure that it only had “regular” Doom, not Ultimate Doom, and therefore no episode 4.

Finished Ys Seven. Now I only have Lacrimosa of Dana and I've done the series (Or at least everything on Steam). Ys has never let me down, although nothing has lived up the game that got me into them (Ys Origins)

Moving on to Yakuza 0 and Mafia 3. Bit wary of Yakuza 0 because it seems like Shemnue which I didn't like, but I love Yakuza movies so maybe I'll get into this one.

Finished Ys Seven. Now I only have Lacrimosa of Dana and I've done the series (Or at least everything on Steam). Ys has never let me down, although nothing has lived up the game that got me into them (Ys Origins)

Moving on to Yakuza 0 and Mafia 3. Bit wary of Yakuza 0 because it seems like Shemnue which I didn't like, but I love Yakuza movies so maybe I'll get into this one.

Have you played a Yakuza game before? The "Shenmue" comparison is apt, but they're better designed overall.

Still though, I haven't played a Yakuza game that didn't get aimless and repetitive after about 25 hours. I haven't played any of the current gen ones, but I have played 3,4,and 5 on PS3, and they all suffer from the same problem. They're overstuffed with frivolous content, to the point where you lose focus and get bored. It's the same problem Rockstar games have, only worse, because none of the gameplay is all that refined or deep. It's like a big bowl of mediocrity. If you can stay focused though, they do have pretty good stories.

Have you played a Yakuza game before? The "Shenmue" comparison is apt, but they're better designed overall.

Still though, I haven't played a Yakuza game that didn't get aimless and repetitive after about 25 hours. I haven't played any of the current gen ones, but I have played 3,4,and 5 on PS3, and they all suffer from the same problem. They're overstuffed with frivolous content, to the point where you lose focus and get bored. It's the same problem Rockstar games have, only worse, because none of the gameplay is all that refined or deep. It's like a big bowl of mediocrity. If you can stay focused though, they do have pretty good stories.

I played a few hours on a PS3 Yakuza game before. Yakuza 5 I think. I quickly got impatient but I always do when I'm playing console. I reckon I'll be more forgiving playing on PC and give Y0 a fair shake

What I am NOT playing now is Battlefield V.

GODDAMN FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

The Norway single player campaign mission is some ridiculous shit calculated to make me into an incel. Utterly ridiculous. Oh and UTTERLY bugged.

It's the first time I've rage thrown a controller in a decade.

First off, all these fucking Germans instantly detect me and snipe with me MP40s at sniper rifle ranges.

Second, there's a fucking part where you're freezing to death and need to get to fires but you also need to stealth kill German sentries. Oh, until the part where your bitch 17 year old girl is dying of hypothermia but runs into a hut and kills a German commando like she's fucking Ronda Rousey/Black Widow.

Oh and then is the real FUN BUGGED part. You've got three fucking DIFFICULT objectives facing those same instant detect super shot sniper Germans who can hit you at rifle ranges with pistol ammunition guns. Give me a fucking super sniper German with a MP40 and me with an Enfield at 200m and he is FUCKED IRL. And if you don't FUCKING go through the objectives in the exact order, the third objective is bugged fucked. AND then you get to chase a truck that you never ever fucking see. And because it's bugged, you can't get out of the goddamn fucking vehicle you're driving to fight. AND when you fucking die, you get bounced back to FUCKING FIGHT THE THREE SAME OBJECTIVES again.

Loved DS 1 and 2. Some of my favorite games of last generation. Sound effects make it, so play with headphones if you can. 3 was garbage though. Imo of course
Yeah, it's among my favorites too. Wanna replay it. As for me, the problem of 3rd part is that it was like previous ones, 'nothing new' if you know what I mean.

What happened to the UFC 3 thread pin. Even the mods here gave up on it?

Edit: I still play Godamnit!

After like 13 fucking years, kingdom hearts 3.

What I am NOT playing now is Battlefield V.

GODDAMN FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU.

The Norway single player campaign mission is some ridiculous shit calculated to make me into an incel. Utterly ridiculous. Oh and UTTERLY bugged.

It's the first time I've rage thrown a controller in a decade.

First off, all these fucking Germans instantly detect me and snipe with me MP40s at sniper rifle ranges.

Second, there's a fucking part where you're freezing to death and need to get to fires but you also need to stealth kill German sentries. Oh, until the part where your bitch 17 year old girl is dying of hypothermia but runs into a hut and kills a German commando like she's fucking Ronda Rousey/Black Widow.

Oh and then is the real FUN BUGGED part. You've got three fucking DIFFICULT objectives facing those same instant detect super shot sniper Germans who can hit you at rifle ranges with pistol ammunition guns. Give me a fucking super sniper German with a MP40 and me with an Enfield at 200m and he is FUCKED IRL. And if you don't FUCKING go through the objectives in the exact order, the third objective is bugged fucked. AND then you get to chase a truck that you never ever fucking see. And because it's bugged, you can't get out of the goddamn fucking vehicle you're driving to fight. AND when you fucking die, you get bounced back to FUCKING FIGHT THE THREE SAME OBJECTIVES again.

It's because you didn't use your skis bro.

What happened to the UFC 3 thread pin. Even the mods here gave up on it?

Edit: I still play Godamnit!
I'm glad you still play it and I'm sure we have others who do as well; that said, its traffic didn't meet our criterion for pinning. You are always welcome to bump the thread as long as the content by which you do so is productive.

I've also been on the fence about our Destiny pin. I have reason to pull it at time of writing but have been leaving it, mercifully. We have a lot of good titles coming out shortly here and I see a pin or two amongst them depending on VG Community response.

Ultimately, I don't want this sub getting stale. I want it to reflect how you dawgs feel and what you are interested in talking about; as such, it need be fluid and users being flexible goes hand in hand with that. I appreciate your understanding.

Just got my last Gold in Wolfenstein. Boom.

tenor.gif

Almost quit over its situational demand but I really wanted this one. Part of a larger qualification, enemy grenade detection isn't great and so volleying them back and racking up a body count does one's head in. They did sort botch the SMG in this title but I just don't care; such a blast. If MachineGames follows up with a III, they've a preorder from me on customer satisfaction alone.

Battlefleet Gothic - kid just started getting into Warhammer and he’s kicking ass.

Man can we just skip February and most of March till we get Sekiro. I know some of yall are waiting on dmcv aswell, need to play those games 3 & 4 before.

Finished Energy Cycle Edge and Planet RIX-13 for some easy Gamerscore.. which just hit 130,000

Probably will keep playing RDR2 online and some of the AC Odyssey DLC until FC New Dawn comes out.

Just got my last Gold in Wolfenstein. Boom.

tenor.gif

Almost quit over its situational demand but I really wanted this one. Part of a larger qualification, enemy grenade detection isn't great and so volleying them back and racking up a body count does one's head in. They did sort botch the SMG in this title but I just don't care; such a blast. If MachineGames follows up with a III, they've a preorder from me on customer satisfaction alone.
Which Wolfienstien?

I might do another from becoming to end playthrough next.

But I’ve got dead space next up after doom. And I haven’t even started doom 2 yet(almost there) 100%ing ultra violence is a bitch when you don’t remember where all the secrets are and the maps lol.

Which Wolfienstien?

I might do another from becoming to end playthrough next.

But I’ve got dead space next up after doom. And I haven’t even started doom 2 yet(almost there) 100%ing ultra violence is a bitch when you don’t remember where all the secrets are and the maps lol.

Well I booted up my PS3 and threw in my Doom 3 BFG Edition. Sure enough, there it was, episode 4 Thy Flesh Consumed. Yet I had no saved games for it from the summer of 2016 when I played through the whole series. But I tried playing e4m1 and remembered what happened... I punked out. The reason I skipped it three years ago was because I found it too hard. Couldn’t get past that first Baron of Hell.

So I’m going to have to get some atonement and play through it at my earliest opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back