What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just finished rdr2. 60 hours of pure pleasure, although at first I didn’t think that I would like the game, the theme of the wild west was not very close to me. Now I need to choose what I will play next.

Last edited:
So, after being like forever in my library and something I'll eventually play, I've finally sunk a chunk of time into Fallout 4. I'd say about 6 hours.

All i can say is so far I am HATING it. I really liked 3 like 9.0/10 at the time. I enjoyed New Vegas tho not my clear favorite like it seems to be for many. So I thought I was going to like this but so far, hell nah.

The graphics suck.
The enemies are lame, repetitive and spongey.
The focus on sanctuary building seems lame as fuck because the stuff you create just looks like lops of shit from a junkyard.
The story outside of the intro seems repeat lame faction fare. So yawn, I don't give a shit about any of the characters.
The item collecting seems outrageous, I already bypassed the stupid carry weight limit before slowdown gimmick. Who the fuck wouldn't for a game that seems so centered on exploring around to collect little stupid pieces of shit so you modify your shit nail firing bullet sponge weapons and armor.
Throwing gernades suck. Picking locks is the same crappy minigame as always. Debugging PCs the same issue.
The perks system seems overwhelming and too many perks/iterations.
Dialogue and dialogue options all seem rather cosmedic or different ways of saying the same shit to get to the same place.

Tell me bros, I know it was popular enough many of u played, is it worth sticking with, does it somehow get better? Or should I maybe look for console modes to get overpowered weapons and breeze through it?

Right now I'm like rating 3.5 out of 10 which is territory so low it's rare I ever get there for anytnign I play.
3 was my favorite. New Vegas was ok. 4 was ok. I also wasn't a fan of the settlement building. I generally just did the bare minimum at all of them to make them livable and well defended.

Well, I couldn't resist, even though "Yakuza:LAD" still has me. I got the big old fuck off "Pandora's Box" collection for a whole $40. Pretty cool deal, for anyone that bought any previous entry of Borderlands. Well done, Gearbox. Pretty damn generous. You get literally EVERYTHING in the deal. All BL related games(including the Telltale stuff), all DLC's...all everything. Pretty crazy deal.

Anyways, I hopped right into "Borderlands 2" annnnnd...I forgot just how punishing this game can be to solo players. That "Rescue Roland" mission is damn near impossible without a team, and I couldn't be arsed to jump in with rando's to get past it. I also picked a bad class(the Mechromancer), and just wasn't feeling it(should've started with the turret guy). Ah' well, it gives me an excuse to hop into the DLC for BL3 that I missed out on

Well, I couldn't resist, even though "Yakuza:LAD" still has me. I got the big old fuck off "Pandora's Box" collection for a whole $40. Pretty cool deal, for anyone that bought any previous entry of Borderlands. Well done, Gearbox. Pretty damn generous. You get literally EVERYTHING in the deal. All BL related games(including the Telltale stuff), all DLC's...all everything. Pretty crazy deal.

Anyways, I hopped right into "Borderlands 2" annnnnd...I forgot just how punishing this game can be to solo players. That "Rescue Roland" mission is damn near impossible without a team, and I couldn't be arsed to jump in with rando's to get past it. I also picked a bad class(the Mechromancer), and just wasn't feeling it(should've started with the turret guy). Ah' well, it gives me an excuse to hop into the DLC for BL3 that I missed out on
Sweet. Borderlands is an all time favorite. For that Rescue Roland mission I recall looking up online advice for it. Kept trying and for some reason the game let me rescue him after many tries lol. Oh and fuck Handsome Jack. Hate that smarmy mofo.

With your Mechromancer Class try out variations. Look online for the best builds. It's easy to change them and doing that will vastly improve its power. Yes, Turret was my favorite class. Once you start loading up with missiles and defensive shields it becomes formidable. You will love the DLC for 3. May be my favorite part of game play. Don't skip the 2.5 either. Bouncing around gravity free is a blast.

Looking forward to the feature film. The teaser trailer got me pumped.

Hopefully they make a Borderlands 4 some day.

Remnant 2 6/10

Game gets stale quick. Procedurally generated worlds seem cool at first but, like every other game I've played that does this, they are mostly flat and lack that dynamic feel of other games. Co-op is well done though. It's short so maybe worth a playthrough on Gamepass.

Sweet. Borderlands is an all time favorite. For that Rescue Roland mission I recall looking up online advice for it. Kept trying and for some reason the game let me rescue him after many tries lol. Oh and fuck Handsome Jack. Hate that smarmy mofo.

With your Mechromancer Class try out variations. Look online for the best builds. It's easy to change them and doing that will vastly improve its power. Yes, Turret was my favorite class. Once you start loading up with missiles and defensive shields it becomes formidable. You will love the DLC for 3. May be my favorite part of game play. Don't skip the 2.5 either. Bouncing around gravity free is a blast.

Looking forward to the feature film. The teaser trailer got me pumped.

Hopefully they make a Borderlands 4 some day.
Even though the movie trailer got kind of a negative reception, I thought it looked alright. It's not like "Borderlands" is Shakespeare or anything, so it might be right up Eli Roth's alley, with the juvenile humor and ultra violence. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Gave the Mech Girl a start on BL3, and I'm already hooked again. As much as I like the other two, I think they nailed the gameplay the best in BL3. Everything is just so crisp and fluid, whereas in the other two, you felt a bit like a slow tank. The drops are way better as well, even if the "Legendary" drops get a bit too frequent. If only the writing was up to snuff. Although, I don't mind the main antagonists as much as others. They're appropriately annoying, and making them obnoxious streamers seems apt. WAY too many (literal)poop jokes and try hard rambles, though.

Even though the movie trailer got kind of a negative reception, I thought it looked alright. It's not like "Borderlands" is Shakespeare or anything, so it might be right up Eli Roth's alley, with the juvenile humor and ultra violence. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Gave the Mech Girl a start on BL3, and I'm already hooked again. As much as I like the other two, I think they nailed the gameplay the best in BL3. Everything is just so crisp and fluid, whereas in the other two, you felt a bit like a slow tank. The drops are way better as well, even if the "Legendary" drops get a bit too frequent. If only the writing was up to snuff. Although, I don't mind the main antagonists as much as others. They're appropriately annoying, and making them obnoxious streamers seems apt. WAY too many (literal)poop jokes and try hard rambles, though.
LOL totally agree. The writing was okay in 1, better in 2 and meh in 3. Gameplay in 3 is smooth like butter. Yeah I won't care what basement dwelling critics say about the movie. I'm gonna like it while eating popcorn & watching splosions.

Has anyone played the newest Robocop game on steam and or steam deck?

I played it on PC. It was fun. It's a pretty basic shooter with some light RPG mechanics, but it's satisfying with its combat and makes you feel like Robocop. There are plenty of nods to the movies and it stays pretty close to their aesthetic and mood while feeling like a sincere effort from fans rather than a cashgrab

Has anyone played the newest Robocop game on steam and or steam deck?
Played on PlayStation and a had a good time. Lots of funny, deadpan one-liners and like Z says, the whole game plays like a love letter to the RoboCop franchise and not a cash grab.

Biggest win is you feel like RoboCop at outset; your power fantasy isn't nickel-and-dimed into existence some 10h into campaign. The fall animation + audio FX when dropping from heights is also baller AF – and same for the Terminator-class grab mechanic. The story actually takes place after the first film and before the second.

I've had some back and forth elsewhere with developers Teyon; they were super nice and deeply appreciated the positive aura around the game. Just bear in mind it's holistically a AA title. RoboCop himself looks AAA but so much so that he makes everything and everyone else in his scenes look out-of-place minor league.

Tetris Effect last night. Amazing game. The music, sounds and interaction with movement and piece play is out of this world. Especially after a couple of nice bong rips.

Tetris Effect last night. Amazing game. The music, sounds and interaction with movement and piece play is out of this world. Especially after a couple of nice bong rips.

Have had this game for years and played it quite a bit too. Good stuff and also dug the ambience! Tetris just never goes out of fashion and really taps into something primal in our brains.

Have had this game for years and played it quite a bit too. Good stuff and also dug the ambience! Tetris just never goes out of fashion and really taps into something primal in our brains.
Totally. I'll get on a couple day kick of it and may be another six months before get the urge. But it's been generally with me my whole life since OG Tetris came out in mid 80s and this version certainly paid nice homage to the game. Well made for sure.

I finished GRIS. It was a pretty basic platformer with a very strong aesthetic and artstyle that was a few hours long. I enjoyed it, it wasn't too taxing, it looked very nice

Getting back in Cyberpunk. I started it but then went on holiday for a couple weeks so kind of lost touch with it. So far I'm impressed but 10 hours in, I hope there's a lot more combat on the horizon

I started Just Cause 3. I could never get into this series, the worlds felt too empty and the driving was terrible. JC3 seems to be somewhat of an improvement but the controls are fiddly as fuck, I gotta get used to them

Also started Tell Me Why, which is an interactive story from the same people who made the classic Life is Strange. It looks good, the characters are fine so far. It has a trans rejected by their mother storyline which I don't mind but I hope it doesn't get too preachy and political

Also have Helldivers 2. I've played a few missions and I see why it's so popular, it's just an all round satisfying game with strong gunplay and solid mechanics

And I've been getting back into Killing Floor 2 and War Thunder

With the Steam sale I bought the Tony Hawk remasters and also Sledders (Snowmobile simulator) which looks like a lot of fun. I also got Blood West which I'll start playing this week as well

Last edited:
Borderlands 3

I'm about halfway through the main campaign with my tank girl. Good shit, but they have done some major work on it since I last played it. Balancing in general, is WAY better. The first time I played it, I think I got to level 9 before I never even looked at a blue or purple weapon, since the legendary's were dropping like crazy. It's a lot more refined now, with L's dropping at a more appropriate pace. They've also got a few more perk systems, that are welcome for an endless game like this. However, I've also run into a few more bugs. I've had two side missions glitch out the end of them, which is annoying as all hell, but at least you can still move on and just leave them glitched. Never had that the first time through.

All in all, it's just a damn fun game that I'm glad I double dipped on. Playing it outside of all the hype, really makes me appreciate just how good it is. I was planning on jumping right into the DLC, but the core game is still so damn good and vast, that I have absolutely no regrets starting a new run. I can safely say that it's one of the best games of last gen. Regardless of certain elements that didn't quite stick the landing, it's still a beast of a game that appropriately built on what came before, and gave you this grand opus of a finale that is oh' so satisfying to play.

9/10

If you say I'm extremely late to the party by just now playing South Park The Stick of Truth you wouldn't be wrong.

A week or two ago I was thinking 'Video Games have as many genres as movies, actually more, but the comedy genre in games are extremely underdeveloped.' Couldn't say I ever played a 'comedy game' or one that was worth remembering... and then I was looking on my backlog of games I've been meaning to get around to playing, and saw both Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole.

Just finished Stick an hour ago, and I've never laughed as much playing a game, ever. This was pure nostalgia of the goldenage of South Park, the funniest series ever. It was like I was playing through the second South Park movie, the original about to celebrate its 25th Anniversary.

Three flaws though, one not really being a flaw.

*Gamers who aren't familiar with the entirety of South Park's library of episodes up until the game's release, or even half, are going to be lost amongst the constant references to the classic episodes. I was hoping since they're the boys (characters of the game/series) were playing fantasy, there were going to be more LOTR references like the classic 'Backdoor Sluts 9' episode which is widely regarded to be in their top 5 episodes ever... like how Fractured But Whole obviously makes references to super hero movies. This is a South Park game exclusively for South Park fans, but as a South Park fan I was loving it.

*The RPG-turn-based gameplay was extremely rudimentary. I thought at first only having one companion was just for the tutorial, or first act of the game... but nope, its just you, the 'new kid,' and one other character. Was sure it'd become a 3-character squad at one point.

At some point I realized I was just playing for the South Park setting, characters, and story... so I put the difficulty on Easy.

*I'm very glad I never bought Stick when it was new and waited for a deep discount for both games, because its both very short & has zero replay value.

I will say when I realized I was entering the finale... I was relieved... but the finale was both fun and satisfying.

If you say I'm extremely late to the party by just now playing South Park The Stick of Truth you wouldn't be wrong.

A week or two ago I was thinking 'Video Games have as many genres as movies, actually more, but the comedy genre in games are extremely underdeveloped.' Couldn't say I ever played a 'comedy game' or one that was worth remembering... and then I was looking on my backlog of games I've been meaning to get around to playing, and saw both Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole.

Just finished Stick an hour ago, and I've never laughed as much playing a game, ever. This was pure nostalgia of the goldenage of South Park, the funniest series ever. It was like I was playing through the second South Park movie, the original about to celebrate its 25th Anniversary.

Three flaws though, one not really being a flaw.

*Gamers who aren't familiar with the entirety of South Park's library of episodes up until the game's release, or even half, are going to be lost amongst the constant references to the classic episodes. I was hoping since they're the boys (characters of the game/series) were playing fantasy, there were going to be more LOTR references like the classic 'Backdoor Sluts 9' episode which is widely regarded to be in their top 5 episodes ever... like how Fractured But Whole obviously makes references to super hero movies. This is a South Park game exclusively for South Park fans, but as a South Park fan I was loving it.

*The RPG-turn-based gameplay was extremely rudimentary. I thought at first only having one companion was just for the tutorial, or first act of the game... but nope, its just you, the 'new kid,' and one other character. Was sure it'd become a 3-character squad at one point.

At some point I realized I was just playing for the South Park setting, characters, and story... so I put the difficulty on Easy.

*I'm very glad I never bought Stick when it was new and waited for a deep discount for both games, because its both very short & has zero replay value.

I will say when I realized I was entering the finale... I was relieved... but the finale was both fun and satisfying.

As far as comedy games go one of these days I want to play through Beavis and Butthead: Virtual Stupidity. When my Dad got a new PC for Christmas in 1995 I think my oldest brother had a CD from PC Gamer magazine which had the demo for the Beavis and Butthead game. I must have played through the demo about dozen times over Christmas break that year. More than 28 years later I still think about wanting to play the full version. I actually did download it a few years ago from an Abandonware site, but have yet to play it.

Back