What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Picked up a PS2 recently and I’ve been playing Maximo: Ghosts Of Glory on it. I had this game when I was a kid and really enjoyed it but it was simply too hard for me to get too far into.

It’s a fucking great game, every level is challenging in different ways and while it is pretty damn difficult it all still seems fair. Combat is super fluid, platform is done well, and the different worlds are varied so it never gets repetitive. I’m on the last world rn, probably gonna beat it tomorrow. Only complaint would be that all the boss fights were crazy easy, which is wild cus pretty much every single level in the game kicked my ass a least a little bit.

I'm going to preorder Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth today, but I'm unsure as to what version to get.

I don't need boosters, additional music, styles or clothing, but I don't want to miss out on any missions or games.

I can't stand the idea of paid DLC on day release. It's actually causing me to consider delaying buying the game altogether. £95 for a full version of one game...

Edit: Bought the Deluxe version. I think the difference between the two is basically some extra costumes, a novelty CD set and Sujimon thing, whilst the difference between base and Deluxe involves additional content.

I bought it because I really like the franchise, but SEGA seems to be acting up, which I'm not happy about.

Last edited:
Can't wait to start my backlog. Currently looking to play:
  • Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions
  • Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2
  • Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning
  • Divinity 1 & 2

It’s a fucking great game, every level is challenging in different ways and while it is pretty damn difficult it all still seems fair. Combat is super fluid, platform is done well, and the different worlds are varied so it never gets repetitive. I’m on the last world rn, probably gonna beat it tomorrow. Only complaint would be that all the boss fights were crazy easy, which is wild cus pretty much every single level in the game kicked my ass a least a little bit.
I loved that game as a kid... great memories. Especially the game design.

Reactions: Zer
I just killed Nashandra. I haven't finished all the DLC though

View attachment 1025478

Can I still play the DLC if I start journey 2?
You'd have to do it the long way again, I think. You're best to just do it on this run. The DLC's are great, though. They're pretty big chunks of the game, and have some awesome(and not so awesome) bosses.

Got a Steam Deck, so of course I immediately turn it into an emulation machine.

Playing Grandia 3 now.

Got a Steam Deck, so of course I immediately turn it into an emulation machine.

Playing Grandia 3 now.

I did the same and had to pry the thing away from my son. He got obsessed with the mario movie and started playing all the mario games. I took my wife's switch (she never uses it) bought mario world and gave it to him. He plays that thing all the time.

I barely use my deck anymore but I don't trust my son using it.

I just killed Nashandra. I haven't finished all the DLC though

View attachment 1025478

Can I still play the DLC if I start journey 2?

You can, but the access to each of the DLCs is a good chunk into the game and you would have to replay up to those sections.

The DLCs are on par with late areas of the game, so I would play through them on your first run since the bosses will get a significant boost. The Fume Knight is no joke. Definitely worth doing the DLC areas in NG+ since you get +1/+2 versions of some of the rings.

I'm going to preorder Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth today, but I'm unsure as to what version to get.

I don't need boosters, additional music, styles or clothing, but I don't want to miss out on any missions or games.

I can't stand the idea of paid DLC on day release. It's actually causing me to consider delaying buying the game altogether. £95 for a full version of one game...

Edit: Bought the Deluxe version. I think the difference between the two is basically some extra costumes, a novelty CD set and Sujimon thing, whilst the difference between base and Deluxe involves additional content.

I bought it because I really like the franchise, but SEGA seems to be acting up, which I'm not happy about.

Lol don't forget you have to pay for new game + mode too. Like wtf Sega what were you thinking?? Greedy corporations gonna greedy Corp.

Lol don't forget you have to pay for new game + mode too. Like wtf Sega what were you thinking?? Greedy corporations gonna greedy Corp.

Yeah, New Game+ has been included in all Yakuzas as base.

Sega can be sketchy as hell. Bafflingly bad.

Picked up a PS2 recently and I’ve been playing Maximo: Ghosts Of Glory on it. I had this game when I was a kid and really enjoyed it but it was simply too hard for me to get too far into.

I vaguely remember that game. Wasn't it like a spiritual successor to "Ghosts n' Goblins"? Hard as nails, with the same "three hit" rule with armor, underwear and then death?

Yeah, never get the "deluxe" editions of games. They're mostly bullshit, with some cosmetics and weapons packs. If the game doesn't have actual DLC story missions, just stick to the base game. It's always a ripoff, otherwise. "Ultimate Edition" is what you want, but even then, make sure it has worthwhile DLC.

MJF3SUZVCBCJ3FAJQJK7QYAQWY.webp

replaying this classic

Yeah, never get the "deluxe" editions of games. They're mostly bullshit, with some cosmetics and weapons packs. If the game doesn't have actual DLC story missions, just stick to the base game. It's always a ripoff, otherwise. "Ultimate Edition" is what you want, but even then, make sure it has worthwhile DLC.

Yeah, I've heard about some extra content in the Deluxe editions, whilst the Ultimate edition may have additional outfits and extra characters for a mini game? I'm hoping that you're not right though, I'll be pissed if you are, as my decision was based solely on extra content and avoiding things like outfits.

I found it quite hard to differentiate between the two editions. Some of it was quite cryptic and some of it I had to look up on Reddit. I didn't want to spoil things either, which didn't help.

Honestly, it was probably a better idea to buy the base game and then pick and choose later.

Honestly, it was probably a better idea to buy the base game and then pick and choose later.
It's the best path. These fuckers(every single game company) throw "deluxe" on everything, and charge you an extra $30 for cosmetic bullshit, or weapons packs you won't think twice about while playing, knowing that you probably think it includes huge chunks of DLC in the future. And then, if they do happen to release some major DLC in the future, they change the distinction to "Ultimate".

Know your developers. Fromsoft, Square, CD Project Red...these guys will reward you. The rest...it's a crap shoot. Best to look into if they have planned DLC down the road, before buying any "Super Duper" bullshit edition.

Palworld is kind of bad but it's so fun. I hope they have enough money now to make it better.

Edit: It is really fun. Full price of 30 bucks felt very worth it.

This was on my radar because me and my kids played their last game Craftiopia, and this looked much better.

Started playing on gamepass to play with my kids but they didn’t want to jump in right away. Ended up buying it on Steam after I read they plan to add cross play and it performs much better. Only tinkered around for a few hours but it seems pretty fun. Going to force the kids to play with me this weekend on Xbox.

MJF3SUZVCBCJ3FAJQJK7QYAQWY.webp

replaying this classic

I tried Black Mesa a while back, and I don't even wanna complain because they probably had the best intentions and put lots of work into it. But even the slightest little level design changes they made from the original game stuck out to me so much and triggered the asshole snob in me so badly that I couldn't even finish it. I didn't get anywhere near Xen which I hear was where they made the most changes

Can't wait to start my backlog. Currently looking to play:
  • Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions
  • Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2
  • Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning
  • Divinity 1 & 2

I loved that game as a kid... great memories. Especially the game design.
That some RPG goodness right there, i dont know why but i could never play RPGS back to back. I always have to go to a diffrent genre.

This was on my radar because me and my kids played their last game Craftiopia, and this looked much better.

Started playing on gamepass to play with my kids but they didn’t want to jump in right away. Ended up buying it on Steam after I read they plan to add cross play and it performs much better. Only tinkered around for a few hours but it seems pretty fun. Going to force the kids to play with me this weekend on Xbox.

I wanted to try it but I just can't get into those survival games they are so damn boring to me. It's similar to Rust and those kind of games which I guess are also considered the same? Not sure.

Back