What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trying not to start anything new so I can go all in on FFVII with a clean slate, but Helldivers 2 is looking pretty fun. Might pick up a copy to play with the kid.

God I hate Victor. His moveset is a total mystery to me and he always kicks my ass. I gotta start practicing with him
Once you do he becomes pretty predictable (at least at green and above ranks)

Finished Yakuza Like a Dragon and then Infinite wealth. Both great games, Infinite Wealth was a step up though.

Putting the platinum trophy for Infinite Wealth behind a paywall is truly a dick move though. (New Game + is only from Digital Deluxe and above, and need to beat new game + for plat). I was never going to plat the game, but holy shit, fuck SEGA for that.

Finished Yakuza Like a Dragon and then Infinite wealth. Both great games, Infinite Wealth was a step up though.

Putting the platinum trophy for Infinite Wealth behind a paywall is truly a dick move though. (New Game + is only from Digital Deluxe and above, and need to beat new game + for plat). I was never going to plat the game, but holy shit, fuck SEGA for that.

Yea I heard about that cant believe Sega pulled some shit like that.

I'm enjoying the hell out of Infinite Wealth. I'm on Chapter 11, cannot wait to see what happens next and I don't have any buyers remorse whatsoever.

With that said, I don't see myself running the main story again and I'll just finish everything on Premium Adventure instead.

I also don't like where SEGA is going with this.

"AC: Valhalla" is indeed starting to feel endless(not a bad thing, mind you, but a break might be in order. When you're introducing more gameplay modes at the 70 hour mark, it's getting to the "I don't want to actually live here" point), so I think I'm gonna give that "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night" another go. I remember kind of getting annoyed with it around the halfway point, but I may not have been in the mood for it at the time. I hope that I was mistaken with my initial impressions of it.

Haven't seen a dedicated thread to Rocksteady's Suicide Squad monstrocity, and the backlash to it. So I'm posting this here -

Modders are more keen to what gamers want, rather than developers investing fractions-of-a-billion dollars into games that are dead on arrival.

Helldivers 2, played a few hours last night, best online game I’ve played in years, unfortunately I just tried to play again after updating the latest patch.

And after hours of uninterrupted fun last night the game is showing zero active Helldivers, anybody else playing don’t install the new update.

I completed Serious Sam 4. It was good, typical Serious Sam but that's fine

I played Akane after a thread recommendation here and it was pretty good, but I kinda sucked at it and I didn't have the patience to really go through and get all the unlocks/achievements

Also playing Cyberpunk 2077. Got into War Thunder and Killing Floor 2 again after a long period of not playing MP games. Bought Helldivers 2 as well so will see how that is

Next up I'm gonna start The Outer Wilds, and I'm also gonna have Gris since it's been on my backlog for a little bit

Brotato

Well, if you liked "Vampire Survivors", but found it a little shallow after a while, this one's for you. It's a shameless clone, just with more options for customization. You got powers and build tweaks for days. Every run is truly different, and it's head and shoulders above VS in that regard.

My only complaint would be that it's very bare bones outside of said customization. The environment is just a square piece of land. It's just you and the enemies on a generic flat square, and that's it. The gameplay for a game like this more than makes up for it, though, and you'll be addicted immediately.

Digital Crack/10

Finished up:

Phantom Liberty 7/10
Meh, it's a solid DLC and it's improved a lot about the overall game but Cyberpunk still doesn't do much for me. Not exactly sure why. It seems like all the pieces are there but I just can't get into it. It just feels like a chore.

Aliens Dark Descent 8.5/10
Not my style of game but this one is great. Finally got around to finishing because I got sidetracked by all the great games last year and kind of forgot about this even though I was enjoying it quite a bit. Would be a 9 if there was a way to stop them from saying "double time" every 5 seconds.

Currently playing:

Tekken 8 9.5/10
I know it's only February but I don't see how this isn't GOTY. It's amazing. I haven't had this much fun playing a game online in a long long time. Loses half a point until they add Eddy though.

Playing next:

It's between Remnant 2 and Dark Souls 3. Probably Remnant because it's shorter from what I hear.

Looking forward to:

Dark Forces Remastered. That's about it.

Brotato

Okay, I'm officially consumed by this damn game. Finally beat a run, but it wasn't easy. You gotta have all the pieces fall into place, and that was just on a basic build run, with the starter character. There are so many things you can mess around with on any given run, and like 40 or 50 distinct character molds, that change your strategy up. One of those games you think is a short time investment, but look up at the clock after some runs, and realize that three friggin' hours have passed by.

It's gotta be one of my new favorite genres, this whole rogue-like auto-shooter...thing. It's amazing at what a simple tweak or two can do to an entire genre. More of these types of games, please. That bastard who put his gambling knowledge into "Vampire Survivors", doesn't know what he's unleashed. For me, this is the most addictive formula since "Tetris". Just...one...more...run...

Brotato

Okay, I'm officially consumed by this damn game. Finally beat a run, but it wasn't easy. You gotta have all the pieces fall into place, and that was just on a basic build run, with the starter character. There are so many things you can mess around with on any given run, and like 40 or 50 distinct character molds, that change your strategy up. One of those games you think is a short time investment, but look up at the clock after some runs, and realize that three friggin' hours have passed by.

It's gotta be one of my new favorite genres, this whole rogue-like auto-shooter...thing. It's amazing at what a simple tweak or two can do to an entire genre. More of these types of games, please. That bastard who put his gambling knowledge into "Vampire Survivors", doesn't know what he's unleashed. For me, this is the most addictive formula since "Tetris". Just...one...more...run...
Here is some more digital crack:

Brotato

I have had this game since it went on sale over the Winter sale but never got around to it. I had 100% on VS until the DLC was added and then I gave it up.

The question is, do you think I will gain just as much of an addiction as I did in VS?

I have had this game since it went on sale over the Winter sale but never got around to it. I had 100% on VS until the DLC was added and then I gave it up.

The question is, do you think I will gain just as much of an addiction as I did in VS?
It's only downside is its bare bones presentation. It's a very simple "Flash" type looking game. Other than that, I think it's better than VS, because there is so much more customization. With VS, there was an easier path to victory. Once you figured out the right combinations, you could pretty much beat it every time, since it's fairly limited on skills and perks. There's a lot more random chance in this game, that always keeps it fresh, and finally getting that special build is a lot more satisfying.

But yes, it's addictive as all hell.

Robocop - Rogue City

It's not that good really. There are lots of glitches in the cut scenes and graphics not that good. There are quite a few funny bits and the action is quite fun. I'm a massive fan of the original film so I'll definitely keep playing it.

Horizon Forbidden West

Zero Dawn was one of my favourite ever games. Im about half way through Forbidden West and im really enjoying it. I would say it's getting a little bit repetitive and it doesn't have as much wow factor as HZD but still excellent and will keep playing until completion.

I put the Homebrew Channel on my 3DS XL a while ago, but I didn't realize until now that you can emulate SNES games on there. I had heard that you needed a New 3DS, and that it was still not great even then. But everything I have played so far worked perfectly at full speed. I'm so pumped. The 3DS XL will be a perfect retro handheld. I think I am gonna play through Demon's Crest first.

I also just started playing Deep Rock Galactic, and I am already hooked. I don't know why, but I find something super satisfying about chipping through terrain and running pipes and cables over it. And the bug-blasting action is great, too.

Started Hades over the weekend and I can't put it down! Really fun game.

I'm probably one of the few that really don't dig this game. Not gonna say it sucks, but it's like a 5/10 for me and miles away from anything I'd consider GOTY worthy. I bought it, got some use out of it, and eventually beat it, but man, it just feels like collecting items is so slow, the amount of times you gotta donate stuff to the characters, the number of items you need to collect to unlock things, the number of times you need to pass a stage with an item equipped to level up the benefit, all just wayyyyy too much. Especially since that reflection dash thing was by far the best starting perk I thought, so would always have the thing to make that god's boon spawn.... It's true that the weapon variety and assortment of perks and upgrades does allow for a lot of replayability, but even then, the requirements were way over the top for my liking.

Back