What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Once lol. She skewered me like a hotdogs and I noted the hell out
And that's just the beginning of that fight. It just goes on and on and on. One of those bosses where you actually get worse the more you try, because you're so demoralized. I'm not as patient as others, though. It's not impossible, but my God is it a bit much.

Fallout 4

Tried out the update. You can definitely feel the FPS difference. It's noticeably faster. That's about it, though. It might just be me, but I've noticed the voice syncing with some characters are a bit off now too. Nothing big, but there's a slight delay, like the sound is a few milliseconds off of the animations. Some of the lighting feels a bit off too. I'm guessing that's a consequence of the technical upgrade.

That said, I'm right back into it. Still have some big chunks of DLC to finish up, and I'm hooked all over again on the settlement building.

Fallout 4

Tried out the update. You can definitely feel the FPS difference. It's noticeably faster. That's about it, though. It might just be me, but I've noticed the voice syncing with some characters are a bit off now too. Nothing big, but there's a slight delay, like the sound is a few milliseconds off of the animations. Some of the lighting feels a bit off too. I'm guessing that's a consequence of the technical upgrade.

That said, I'm right back into it. Still have some big chunks of DLC to finish up, and I'm hooked all over again on the settlement building.

I'm tempted to boot up another Fallout.

I played the hell out of 3 and 76.

I tried Fallout NV but I didn't get far (mighty have been burnt out on 3) and the beginning of 4 rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

76 may not be great story-wise, but it's a lot of fun as a casual drop in, kill shit, drop out type of game...

I'm tempted to boot up another Fallout.

I played the hell out of 3 and 76.

I tried Fallout NV but I didn't get far (mighty have been burnt out on 3) and the beginning of 4 rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

76 may not be great story-wise, but it's a lot of fun as a casual drop in, kill shit, drop out type of game...
If you have the itch, I'd give FO4 another try since you're already used to F76. They play very similar(unless you're just in it for the multiplayer mayhem). It's also not uncommon to have a bit of a negative first impression of FO4, so don't let that turn you off too much. It can take a bit for it to work it's magic and sink it's hooks into you.

So I've been taking my time with RDR2.

I'm still in what I would consider to be chapter 3, in Lemoyne with the Greys and the Braithwaites. I found this pair of circus people who had lost their "animals". A donkey painted to look like a zebra, a dog with a makeshift mane that they called a "lion", and a cougar they painted to look like a tiger.

So when they asked me to track down the last animal, another "lion", Arthur lazily went to Emerald station where they'd trapped it in a barn. I went in and-- it was an actual damned lion. It tore out of there and killed like three or four horses in less than ten seconds. Had the dead-eye showdown with it and got myself a trophy.

It was hilarious, tense, engaging and just fun. I'm hoping they port RDR1 to this engine because wow

I'm still in what I would consider to be chapter 3, in Lemoyne with the Greys and the Braithwaites. I found this pair of circus people who had lost their "animals". A donkey painted to look like a zebra, a dog with a makeshift mane that they called a "lion", and a cougar they painted to look like a tiger.

So when they asked me to track down the last animal, another "lion", Arthur lazily went to Emerald station where they'd trapped it in a barn. I went in and-- it was an actual damned lion. It tore out of there and killed like three or four horses in less than ten seconds. Had the dead-eye showdown with it and got myself a trophy.

It was hilarious, tense, engaging and just fun. I'm hoping they port RDR1 to this engine because wow
It's about time somebody else around here recognized the greatness that is RDR2. I have absolutely no idea at how this game became so divisive. I can understand some nitpicks here and there, but the game itself in unrivaled by any other open world world sandbox out there. It'll continue to surprise you after the 200 hour mark. To this day, people are still finding little secrets and gameplay mechanics. It's arguably the greatest game ever made, and from a pure technical standpoint, it easily is.

It's about time somebody else around here recognized the greatness that is RDR2. I have absolutely no idea at how this game became so divisive. I can understand some nitpicks here and there, but the game itself in unrivaled by any other open world world sandbox out there. It'll continue to surprise you after the 200 hour mark. To this day, people are still finding little secrets and gameplay mechanics. It's arguably the greatest game ever made, and from a pure technical standpoint, it easily is.
I don't know for sure but... I think... I THINK... there are aliens in this game

Picked up Hades 2 yesterday. Still need to play it. Looking forward to another SuperGiant game.

SPOILERS
**************************************************************************************************************

Those motherfuckers. Those motherfuckers. Sean's dead. They blew his head off. Right after Arthur said something like "This doesn't seem right" Sean turns around to retort and then he was dead

Both the Greys and the Braithwaites were gunning for us. I don't believe it was a team play since they hate each other so much, but it looks like both families knew about our gang before we even got there. One of the most badass moments in gaming history was Dutch and basically every able-bodied member hauling ass to the Braithwaite estate, demanding they return little Jack. In the dead of night, all of us lined up, ready to kill every single one of those motherfuckers. Dutch giving them one last chance before sending them all to hell.

Speaking of Dutch I love him. I know that John is hunting for him in RDR1 but I don't know if that's a function of Dutch committing some sort of treachery or John teaming up with the feds. But when those two Pinkerton agents showed up Dutch WAS WILLING TO TURN HIMSELF IN to let everyone else go. We all told them to fuck off.

Now we're in the big city of Saint Denis looking for clues to find Jack. John is beside himself and to quote the poor man, "Abagail will kill all of us if we don't get him back."

I did not complete RDR1. I got maybe a couple hours into it so I know that both Abagail and Jack are alive, so I know that wherever he is he won't get killed. But honestly that does not take away from any of the tension.

@HereticBD I think you might be right. I think this is even better than Witcher III. I think it might even outdo BOTW. I'm getting better at hunting. I shot a buck through the neck with a bow and arrow to get a perfect pelt.

I can't BELIEVE I almost never got back into this game. The world-building is incredible. I love that you can't fast travel unless you have a train ticket. I love that you are better served to familiarize yourself with the world and how it works rather than trying to google checkpoints and shit.

My only gripes:
1) I don't understand Dead-Eye. The little tutorial says to "Slowly" pull the right trigger button, and that the more slowly you pull it, the more time you have. Should I just mouse and keyboard it? Anybody have any guidance?
2) Only now in chapter 4 have I figured out that you use the Ledger to upgrade your camp, and maybe I just missed it but the game didn't really seem to make that clear. I had like $4,000.00 so once I saw that, everybody got everything. But now I'm wondering what might have been if I had been upgrading from the start.

My only gripes:
1) I don't understand Dead-Eye. The little tutorial says to "Slowly" pull the right trigger button, and that the more slowly you pull it, the more time you have. Should I just mouse and keyboard it? Anybody have any guidance?
Are you talking about "Dead Eye" in general, or just those dumb "showdowns"? I still don't know what to do in those things. Dead Eye is simple. You click the button and it goes slow-mo for a bit where you mark your targets. Those showdowns, though...I have no idea. I just light them up, because I got frustrated trying to figure it out legit. There's like a five second explanation on what you're supposed to do on your first one, but I never really figured it out. Every time I tried following the very brief instructions, I just got killed. It's weird, because you can easily win every single showdown by just marking the shit out of them and shooting them before the timer runs out, so it doesn't even give you a sense that you're playing it wrong, even though you are.

It's a very weird mechanic, and even in the original game it was a bit confusing. One of my few gripes with the game.

Anyways, good to see that you're recognizing the greatness. It just keeps giving. I never hit a point where I thought I've seen everything. I've beaten it twice and have around 250 hours of playtime, and I know there's still a bunch of stuff I haven't seen. It's the peak in modern open world game design that hasn't been touched since. It's so good.

Are you talking about "Dead Eye" in general, or just those dumb "showdowns"? I still don't know what to do in those things. Dead Eye is simple. You click the button and it goes slow-mo for a bit where you mark your targets. Those showdowns, though...I have no idea. I just light them up, because I got frustrated trying to figure it out legit. There's like a five second explanation on what you're supposed to do on your first one, but I never really figured it out. Every time I tried following the very brief instructions, I just got killed. It's weird, because you can easily win every single showdown by just marking the shit out of them and shooting them before the timer runs out, so it doesn't even give you a sense that you're playing it wrong, even though you are.

It's a very weird mechanic, and even in the original game it was a bit confusing. One of my few gripes with the game.

Anyways, good to see that you're recognizing the greatness. It just keeps giving. I never hit a point where I thought I've seen everything. I've beaten it twice and have around 250 hours of playtime, and I know there's still a bunch of stuff I haven't seen. It's the peak in modern open world game design that hasn't been touched since. It's so good.
Is it worth it to try to go after the legendary animals? So... early in the game I went with Hosea. We found this big-ass Grizzly. He went back to camp and I decided to track it.

I cannot believe how fast that thing was. I... KIND of saw it. I started getting my weapon ready and it charged and must have covered 50 meters in less than two seconds. It ripped my head off and I haven't tried since

Is it worth it to try to go after the legendary animals? So... early in the game I went with Hosea. We found this big-ass Grizzly. He went back to camp and I decided to track it.
Depends on how much you value cosmetics(with some upgrades that are pretty much irrelevant). That's really all it's for. None of the side activities and the perks they offer, are all that important to complete the game. It's just something to do to check boxes and get some nifty items and clothing. You won't ever be in danger of being under-powered for the game if you ignore them.

The flirtation with an RPG system, is one of it's weaknesses, as none of it really matters. You can keep up the camp if you want. You can hunt if you want. You can fish if you want...it's all set dressing and purely optional activities. I like the options, but without any immediacy to them, they do lose a bit of shine after a while, unless you're a completionist. Of all of them, I really wish they made keeping up the camps as important as they seem at first. You can let them rot, and it won't have any impact on the campaign. You get some neat dialogue that will acknowledge your efforts, but that's about it. On the flip side, you'll also get some neat dialogue that will acknowledge how lazy you're being as well. It's all a bit artificial, though.

I cannot believe how fast that thing was. I... KIND of saw it. I started getting my weapon ready and it charged and must have covered 50 meters in less than two seconds. It ripped my head off and I haven't tried since
I'm more a detractor of the game – so one of those guys Heretic mentioned as being in the 'other' camp to him.

I explored + played campaign. The sequel was a disc edition preorder for me so R* included a physical treasure map to track and unearth stuffs: very cool and credit to them for the bundle. When all was done, I'd also sung praises for the scoring that had me pretty emotional at times with what was happening in the story or even at closing credits but I won't spoil anything.

I chime in here because the legendary hunts you're mentioning were some of the fondest memories I have of the game and strongly recommend you do them without holding back. Fun AF. Immersive. Beautiful. In short, they're where this game really shined, IMO.

Glad you're having a good time.

Stay in Chapter 3 as long as you can. Once Chapter 4 hits you are stuck in the narrative till end game

Tried Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4.

I didn't really give them enough time, but I wasn't blown away.

I think it's to do with my setup and my health condition. I'm lacking on stamina and I'm further away from my small TV, lying in bed with my head supported, but not comfortably so.

Back