What are you playing? v.9 (Kefka Edition)

Is a bad launch a death sentence for a new IP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead Space remake finally got a sale (albeit only $20 CDN off its regular $90 CDN) on the PlayStation store so I picked it up. Will probably dive into that this weekend if I’ve got time to game.
Saw that late last night too from the new PS Store sale! Almost picked up.

Wasn't really sure what to play. Honkai Star rail comes out soon (april 26) and the creator said he's a massive fan of the legend of heroes series so I'm interested to see what he's done. With that said I've been getting an itch to play Dragon Age inquisition. Never got to play the DLC that finishes the story and I'd like to try and get the plat. Started up a playthough and the game is great. Looks so good on my TV to. I'm going to play this until Honkai comes out and either hop between the two or see who can win the battle for my attention.

Metro 2033 Redux

So far, so good. Game looks okay for as old as it is, gunplay isnt super smooth like Call of Duty or Far Cry but it fits the narrative and the fact that youre using ancient/slapped together weapons. Combat can be tense as the mutants swarm and you're low on ammo. I'm playing on the setting where ammo is hard to find.

The animations have not aged well, you can tell this was originally a PS3 title with how the mouths move when the characters are talking. The voice acting is pretty great though. They are all variations on Russian accents, but sound believeable and distinct from one another.

I'm not very far but the plot seems intriguing too.

I am playing Weird West. It’s one of those games that plays like the Descent but controls are clunky and annoying since it is 3D.

Diablo 3

I think I'm officially deeper than I've ever been. Playing "Monk", and just got a stupidly powerful armor set, that stacks "Sweeping Wind" to a ridiculous degree, where I can just run through mobs, killing them in nano seconds. Now I'm actually running Greater Rifts with leader board aspirations in my mind. I think I finally hit the real end game of the end game, after like 10 fuckin' years of messing around with this thing. LOL. Now it's all about moving and shaking, as the mobs are pretty much one for one, in terms of how fast they we can kill each other.

The years long journey of a casual D3 player...

I am playing Weird West. It’s one of those games that plays like the Descent but controls are clunky and annoying since it is 3D.
I just couldn't get past the awful controls in that game and quit. It's a shame because I really liked the style of it.

I just couldn't get past the awful controls in that game and quit. It's a shame because I really liked the style of it.
There is a new update. You can get rid of the double joystick option and go freestyle aiming. I switched it yesterday and it played a lot better. You are right though. The default version is terrible and almost unplayable.

Last edited:
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty

Finished it today. I liked this one quite a bit. It's essentially linear, mediocre levels but with awesome boss fights at the end. I will be getting the DLC but the ability to respec as many times as you want kind of killed my desire for a second playthrough. I'd say it's an 8/10.

EA PGA Tour

I got the 10 hour trial and have played a few rounds. So far I like it. The course selection and the controls seem good. It's a solid golf game but at the end of the day it's still just golf. I don't think I'm gonna use my ten hours let alone buy it.

Battlefield 2042

I've been diving back into this. It's been greatly improved, player count is up and it's a ton of fun right now.

Hm, downloaded a game called Chicken Police. The voice acting and storyline so far is pretty damn good. In fact, it reminds me of Blacksad.

Harvestellla.

I normally hate farming sims, but the rpg stuff way outweighs it.

Also, the music is amazing.

Battlefield 2042

I've been diving back into this. It's been greatly improved, player count is up and it's a ton of fun right now.

I can't stand the bots in this game. They need to get rid of it. This is also what I hated about Titanfall MP always had AI.

I'm still on Chained Echoes. It's so much fun. I've been playing it on GamePass but I want to buy a physical edition to support the creators.

There is a new update. You can get rid of the double joystick option and go freestyle aiming. I switched it yesterday and it played a lot better. You are right though. The default version is terrible and almost unplayable.
I downloaded again and have been playing. The new controls are much better but it's still kind of difficult for the wrong reasons.The story carries it though and I'm glad I gave it another chance. I'm enjoying it.

Ghostwire: Tokyo

I'm at Chapter 4, letting a loved one suffer terrible as I do side missions with unknown souls. I'm about eighteen hours in.

I've maxed Ethereal Weaving and I have Summon Tengu and max glide, which has changed the dynamic of the game quite a bit. Instead of soaking in the atmosphere whilst plodding through street after street, I now rope up to the rooftops and glide from roof to roof, like a superhero. It's fun, but does it affect the atmosphere and theme of the game?

Combat has become easier as a result, but it's plodding and rigid and dodge is in an awkward position on the controller, so I barely use it. The extra health is nice but things can go south very quickly if enemies get close enough. Some enemies can still wreck shop quickly if not adequately prepared, which is refreshing.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this game.

Been playing Bloodborne for the first time.

I really like the lovecraftian vibe and the darkness of it. It also feels kinda familiar after spending 130 hours with Elden Ring and playing aggressive blood build year ago.

It's my 3rd "souls game" after DS2 and Elden Ring which some people find weird :D

RE4 remake or Dead Space remake??

I love both originals, but I've been cutting back on my gaming and only want to get one of them at the moment.

What's your choice Sherdudes??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back