What are you playing? v.9 (Kefka Edition)

Is a bad launch a death sentence for a new IP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Yakuza Like a Dragon and grinding right now in the Kamaroucho dungeons to run the true Final Millenium Tower for the "platinum" as you ponies say.

Loved the game glad you guys suggested it. One of the best written, hilarious and well made titles I have ever played.

Picked it up from the Sega Christmas sale and started this morning. Love JRPG's, so this felt right at home. Played a few hours on the PC then a few more on the Steam Deck. Really blown away how well the deck can handle it games. Will definitely pump some time into this game.

Purchased THPS 1+2 Remake on steam. Second time playing through it and I'm doing better but man, the controls in this game are not ideal for a D-Pad

They re releaed Read Red Redemption 1 on PS4.
Still like it, and hunting for wolves is very relaxing

Playing Bloodborne and Doom 2016 today. Love those games.

Was messing around with custom button layouts in BB to match the way everything is set up in Elden Ring so I can dodge on L1 instead of using that horrible claw grip. Old habits die hard though and muscle memory keeps screwing me over.

I forgot how hard 2016 is on NM. I swear the tutorial arena is the hardest fight in the entire game. You have no weapons with splash damage or grenades yet so you have to actually shoot those damn imps. And they're such tricky little shitheads.

Purchased THPS 1+2 Remake on steam. Second time playing through it and I'm doing better but man, the controls in this game are not ideal for a D-Pad
It worked really well with the Playstation D-pad, because it wasn't so stiff and you could easily roll your thumb around it without getting blisters. Nobody else has been able to top it. Xbox has had like 5 or 6 variations of their d-pad, and not one of 'em can touch the PS's design.

Where did you reach? Get a gilder?

I really need an easy flying machine
I always play with my family, and they have wanted to play battle royale lately, so I hadn't been back on Lego mode. Went on for a bit today. I built the loom, made a bunch of thread and fabric, then realized I didn't have enough flexwood left to make the glider. Next time!

Haven’t been in the mood for much of anything lately. Played some Valhalla though which I’m enjoying.

Been playing Chained Echoes...Indie JRPG. Really like the soundtrack and battle mechanics. Story is fairly interesting with some good characters. Roughly 20 hours into it and I feel like I might be around halfway through. Solid game would recommend if you're a fan of the genre

Haven’t been in the mood for much of anything lately. Played some Valhalla though which I’m enjoying.
Know that feeling. Didn't have the urge for almost a year and was kinda getting worried I outgrew games or something but now I can't wait to get back into it. It's a funny hobby like that.

Picked it up from the Sega Christmas sale and started this morning. Love JRPG's, so this felt right at home. Played a few hours on the PC then a few more on the Steam Deck. Really blown away how well the deck can handle it games. Will definitely pump some time into this game.
Play every game in the yakuza series starting with 0. You won’t be disappointed,also yakuza:ishin! Is a must. One of my favorite series by far.

Play every game in the yakuza series starting with 0. You won’t be disappointed,also yakuza:ishin! Is a must. One of my favorite series by far.

This is my first one and it does not disappoint. Will add previous entries into my backlog. I see a Like a Dragon direct sequel is coming out in a months, so will definitely be picking that up.

Finished The Last Faith. One word to describe it would be Unremarkable.

Pros:
- I like the art direction. I’m a sucker for Medieval horror and this is what the game offered.
- Weapon variety. Plenty of weapons to choose from each with their own special art.
- Bosses were fun and probably the best part.
- No penalty for dying as long as you regain your lost souls.
- Revive points before most bosses (kind of).
- It’s a big game.

Cons
- It does absolutely nothing to innovate on the MV formula. My guess is that the team was relying on their weapons to differentiate themselves but we’ve all seen it before
- The game doesn’t respect the players time. The revive points are very few and far between and there aren’t a lot of shortcuts. A single mishap on a bad jump into spikes leads to instadeath. Now you’re trekking way back to where you were.
- The map never fully materializes. What you think is an area that you can jump into is actually instadeath. The map makes it look like there are areas there where they’re not.
- Scrolling the map is terrible and when you use the warp function looking to jump to another location the game doesn’t allow you to view the map as a whole, only specific warp areas. This gets annoying when you place markers because you have to back out of the warp screen, into the full map screen and then back into the warp screen. Ridiculous.
- Damage over Time is LONG. You will die if you don’t use an item to cure the affliction. There’s no shaking it off here.
- Guns are absolutely useless.
- You don’t regenerate health vials. You’ll have to farm them if you run out. Which is ok I guess since it’s easy but you have to back out of a boss area if you need more health which can mean a ton of backtracking.

Overall, it doesn’t do anything to redefine the genre. It’s mediocre at best and a poor knockoff at worst. If you’re jonesing for a MV you may have fun with the large levels and exploration but it didn’t do anything for me other than giving me something to do. 6/10.

This is pretty fun for a few bucks. You can have one or two nights of picture puzzle fun.

Picked up 2 more titles in the end of year sale. Judgement cause now the Yakuza series has it's claws into me, so gonna try this action beat 'em up shortly.

Also picked up the Callisto Protocol with all its DLC as I heard all the big issues with the title at launch was fixed besides the melee but I can handle that.

Currently playing Horizon Forbidden West -- it's a very good game but I'm having trouble enjoying it since I've been on new meds and seemingly have a shitty attention span all of a sudden. The game has so many layers of story and the enemies require in-game research to find weaknesses and attack with the proper weapons and strategies; it has been quite a hastle; it is damn gorgeous though and the lore is there if you invest the time to investigate it. I wish I could appreciate it more, but after this, I'm going to play a game with architectural story telling or maybe a metroidvania of some sort that I can enjoy whilst not having to exercise so much thought.

took a year and a half long hiatus from path of exile but i think i might want to get back into it. ive already got 2943 hours on it according to steam. may as well push for an even 3k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back