What are you playing? v.9 (Kefka Edition)

Is a bad launch a death sentence for a new IP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently got through Doom Eternal, Super Hot, and Sonic Mania. I'm about to restart Breath of the Wild (never finished) and am also gonna start Elden Ring soon when it comes in the mail and am probably about halfway through with Maria Rabbids 2.

Just finished Deathloop. Absolutely loved it. Great concept, great characters, great weapons, love the graphics, great soundtrack.
I've definitely had my eyes on this one. I feel like it was quickly forgotten among my circle of gamer friends.

Grabbed Gamepass on PC to try out Starfield. My PC can run it, but not well. Saw Vampire Survivors on there so figured I’d try it out. Late to the game but it’s fun. Got 30 seconds away from victory! Was level 110 and besmirching screens full of enemies but got overwhelmed.

Fires of Rubicon & Baldur's Gate 3

Finished up Armored Core 6. Probably gonna go right back into a NG+ if Starfield doesn't suck me in.

I dumped quite a few hours into it the other day when I wasn't feeling too well. My first observation is the dramatic graphical improvement over the first. I thought the remastered package would bring all three games up to some modern standard, but it's clearly not the case, as the second game is crapping over the first visually in the remastered collection.

It's definitely fixed a lot of gripes I had about ME1 and is a top notch game --- better sprint, less item inventory, the combat has more of a Gears of War feel to it though I do think the enemies are still a bit too bullet spongy, and it can get clunky sticking to cover by accident. The new Normandy itself is a thing of beauty.

The biggest two gripes I have is not having weapons assigned to the F1 to F4 keys which ME1 had. Bringing up the weapon change menu, or scrolling using the mouse wheel breaks some of the combat emersion for me and annoying after playing ME1. The other thing is I like the mining resources mini game, but with 1) they did away with or drastically reduced the fuel requirement for the ship - I don't know if later in the game its an upgrade, and 2) were a bit more generous with the speed at which you mine the item, since it's not a complex game, I think I'm gonna sink more time into it that I hoped.

But the pluses are great. Story is still strong. Assignments compared to main missions are a lot more interesting. The character variety improved (love Jack), weapon variety is much improved (though some of the heavy weapons feel too slow), better character and item upgrade system.

I got a PS5 now. I bought the God of War PS5 Bundle pack.

I got it updating and doing whatever it's doing then I'm going to play some games. I grabbed a 20 bag of weed from my guy. I got Dark Souls 3 and Diablo Immortal and I got a racing game and I got Earth Defense Force 4.1. Basically PS4 games because there really isn't anything I was interested in for PS5

As far as looks, I like the PS4 console better than the PS5.

Screenshot_20230909-162131_Gallery.jpg

I got it updating and doing whatever it's doing then I'm going to play some games. I grabbed a 20 bag of weed from my guy. I got Dark Souls 3 and Diablo Immortal and I got a racing game and I got Earth Defense Force 4.1. Basically PS4 games because there really isn't anything I was interested in for PS5

View attachment 1000627
Demon’s Souls remake from Sony first-party Bluepoint is up your alley and a good game to break your PS5 in with.

View attachment 1000627

I'm trying to get into Starfield but I keep going back to AC 6 NG+. It's awesome what they did here. It's almost like an entirely different game.

Last edited:

View attachment 1000627

Diablo Immortal? Do you mean Diablo 3? Or Diablo 4? Diablo Immortal isn’t on console.

Demon’s Souls remake from Sony first-party Bluepoint is up your alley and a good game to break your PS5 in with.
I think I already got that game. I know I got Demons Souls.

I'm about to play Dark Souls 3. I got the complete edition. The review I seen says it plays like Bloodborn and Dark Souls combined.

Playing through Demon's Souls while on a break from Elden Ring. Just fought Flamelurker for the first time. He nasty.

View attachment 1000627

Give the Astro Bot game you get with the console a try too. Great little game and showcase for the Dualsense

I been playing Earth Defense Force 4.1.

It's a PS4 game playing on the PS5. They finally made a console powerful enough to run Earth Defense Force games. The graphics are top and there's no slow down when you get swarmed by giant ants.

I've been playing fortnite only up since we don't actually have only up on Sony. But damn it's a ton of fun I really love it. It's challenging and tense and so rewarding I'm stuck at a crazy point where I have to mantle on a cable. But I think I might have the solution.

Last edited:
Bought Anno 1800 when it was on sale two weeks ago. Use it as my relaxing game when i just wish to chill out.

Got CS2 access nearly two weeks ago. Been grinding out Premiere mode nearly every night. Got placed in the 9K bracket last week and have clawed my way to 11K since then. Trying to hit 15K, but its been a struggle. Teammate quality has been all over the place. Not helping matters is the current peekers advantage and weapon sprays being aggressive than CSGO. Even switched from using the A1-S to the A4.

My friend has been trying me to play Dark Souls 1, so he bought me the remaster with the Steam sale. Awesome dude, and a fun game so far. The pace is so different than DS3, BB and Elden Ring. Much more my speed really.

I'm now playing Grid Legends on my PS5. I love this game. This is my car, the Mustang GT4

Screenshot_20230914-210310_Gallery.jpg

This game reminds me of Project Gotham Racing I think. Or maybe another racing game. I'm branching off from Gran Turismo which I find to be boring and I'm trying different brands of racing games. The Mustang in this game doesn't sound like a Honda Civic

I recently burned through The Sinking City, finished the second half of RDR2, and am now playing Alien: Isolation. It's a bit old now, but it's effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back