What are you playing? v.9 (Kefka Edition)

Is a bad launch a death sentence for a new IP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare you imply Miranda isn’t sexy af!

mass-effect-2-miranda-butt-shot-shepard.jpg

LOL, that is a great ass. TBF, the wife has a great ass, so I wake up to that most every day. On the other hand, Miranda is a butterface compared to Triss and Yennifer. Triss I think would have to be my video game BAE of all time lol.

Oh wow, I had no idea there was that much potential variety to the last missions and all those parameters. I pretty much got every upgrade I could, including those to the ship even though at the time I had no idea what they would do.

Sounds like you got a near-perfect ending by dumb luck. <Lmaoo>

Now you should get a 'everybody dies' playthrough. :D

Anyhow, I appreciate that info, kind of pat myself on the back lol.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Now you know why I suggested 'Go into this blind.'

When making the decisions I think in the first squad I listened to the requirements more.
I didn't assume they could get killed off for making the wrong decision lol.

Jacob - "Sounds like suicide. I volunteer."
*Picks Jacob*
*Jacob Dies*
Me - "I must commend him for his accurate prediction."
*Proceeds to pick Jacob for that mission in each of my next 10 playthroughs*

i also felt in ME1 towards the end I made mistakes for choosing players wtih the advanced technical abilities for the late missions when I really should have picked Wrex for his fire power. So I think I was over compensating by making sure to pick Grunt at some point in the last mission.

Yep, a few of those decisions weren't very clear of the consequences. But only one got one of your crew killed.

Bet the next time you play ME2 you're going to have a completely new experience.

No Man's Sky

I wanted to play "Starfield", but the cloud is rather busy these days with a few AAA games hitting at the same time, and queue times are getting annoying, so I downloaded the latest updates for NMS, started it up, annnnd...it's completely broken on last gen. I've never had such a weird glitch, where everything was a black screen, until I moved the camera around. It's just completely fucked.

So, I uninstalled, and...played it on the cloud, LOL. One thing I just love about the cloud, is that you get the latest and greatest version of the game, no matter what you're playing on. And man, it looks and plays great. It was bit choppy on last gen, but they really smoothed everything out with their seemingly monthly updates. Now, it doesn't do much for the game itself, which is still as wide as an ocean, but is as deep as puddle(except for crafting and base building). It's still just a great relaxing game, that you can veg out with. Preferably with some mind altering drugs...

So you're streaming Gamepass, to what device?

There are queues?

How do you find the latency, especially in an FPS? Do you use M&K or a controller? What's you download speed like?

Lot's of questions i know lol

The last streaming service I tried was Stadia and Destiny 2. I think I would have been okay with it if I used a controller, but I could feel the latency with my mouse, as slight as it was.

So you're streaming Gamepass, to what device?

Xbox One

There are queues?

Yeah, sometimes. It's been happening more frequently recently(five to ten minute wait times), but I figure that's because of "Starfield" and "Lies of P" launching so closely together. Numbers probably spiked pretty good.

How do you find the latency, especially in an FPS? Do you use M&K or a controller? What's you download speed like?

I personally don't notice much, if any. I've only played DOOM and Halo, and they felt like they should to me, but there might be some finer details that I don't notice. The only thing I notice with it occasionally, is some...buffering(?) I guess. Sometimes, the environments can have a bit of a pop in effect. For instance, a tree will be slightly blurry for a split second, and then tighten up.

I use a controller.

Don't have the details in front of me, but I think I can get up to 1GB/s.

The last streaming service I tried was Stadia and Destiny 2. I think I would have been okay with it if I used a controller, but I could feel the latency with my mouse, as slight as it was.

Yeah, I can see that. The mouse would be more accurate in noticing that kind of thing.

All in all, I love it. Especially since I'm still rocking last gen. It's really good for that purpose, if you're not really up to upgrading quite yet. It's still crazy to me that I can play next gen games on my One S.

Xbox One

Yeah, sometimes. It's been happening more frequently recently(five to ten minute wait times), but I figure that's because of "Starfield" and "Lies of P" launching so closely together. Numbers probably spiked pretty good.

I personally don't notice much, if any. I've only played DOOM and Halo, and they felt like they should to me, but there might be some finer details that I don't notice. The only thing I notice with it occasionally, is some...buffering(?) I guess. Sometimes, the environments can have a bit of a pop in effect. For instance, a tree will be slightly blurry for a split second, and then tighten up.

I use a controller.

Don't have the details in front of me, but I think I can get up to 1GB/s.

Yeah, I can see that. The mouse would be more accurate in noticing that kind of thing.

All in all, I love it. Especially since I'm still rocking last gen. It's really good for that purpose, if you're not really up to upgrading quite yet. It's still crazy to me that I can play next gen games on my One S.
Thanks man! Good to hear some first hand experience!

Put 100+ hours into Starfield and decided to take a break. I 100% Jedi Survivor and absolutely loved every minute of it. It's a great game. Best Star Wars series since the original trilogy. There is a rumour they are already working on the 3rd one, but the lead game dev left the company. Hopefully EA doesn't find a way to fuck it up.

Now I'm playing through Disco Elysium and have been brought to tears from laughter several times. This game's deranged dark humor is right up my alley haha. Highly recommended if you dig story-driven RPGs.

Last edited:
Thanks man! Good to hear some first hand experience!
Cloud gaming is pretty freakin' cool. It's definitely not perfect as of now, but I can see why it could blow up.

I tested playing with my xbox controller on my Laptop, TV, iPad, and phone. It worked great on all of them with good wifi connection.

Downloaded Animal Party to watch my son play. He's having a good time.

Been away from my gaming PC for a week since I'm travelling.

Currently playing Suikoden 1 on an emulator from my work laptop.

Working my way through The Halo Collection I blasted through Half 3: ODST and Halo: Reach over the last couple days. They were fun for sure. After finding the first two games kind of a slog these later games are definitely enjoyable shooters, with better weaponry, better set pieces and environments and pacing. Installing Halo 4 now. I want to get through it quickly and put this collection to bed and play Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time (I got the DLC that just got released so I'm set)

I've put like 5 hours into Starfield. At first it was dogshit performance wise but I had it installed on my regular storage hard drive, and once I transferred it to an SSD it has been a lot better and I have enjoyed it. The scope is kind of intimidating, I need to sink some hours into it. I'm gonna upgrade my PC a little. I got 128GB RAM to stick in it when I can be bothered (atm I'm on 32GB) and I'm gonna get an RTX 4090 (I'm on a 3060) so I can hopefully max out the GFX, with a mind to Cyberpunk as well

I've been playing Streetfighter 6 on occasion as a palatte cleanser/time killer between other activities off and on. It's really good I find. I just do arcade versus as opposed to online versus as I usually cut out and pause a lot.

Unfortunatley they made my favorite character the worst, as usual. And on hardest difficulty it gets very cheap (often as soon as you do a drive rush the CPU instantly responds with one of its own which will then beat yours and follow it up with a long combo). But all in all it is a hoot and while the animation takes a little getting used to, it's great when you do.

I think with some character additions, balance updates and hopefully a boss it can get to 9.5+/10

+ graphics and artistic direction
+ overall pretty balanced characters
+ many modes
+ excellent gameplay

- too much stuff (characters, costumes, stages) you need to buy on top of the base game to get, and it seems very overpriced
- cheap AI
- no boss(es) in arcade mode

I've been playing Streetfighter 6 on occasion as a palatte cleanser/time killer between other activities off and on. It's really good I find. I just do arcade versus as opposed to online versus as I usually cut out and pause a lot.

Unfortunatley they made my favorite character the worst, as usual. And on hardest difficulty it gets very cheap (often as soon as you do a drive rush the CPU instantly responds with one of its own which will then beat yours and follow it up with a long combo). But all in all it is a hoot and while the animation takes a little getting used to, it's great when you do.

I think with some character additions, balance updates and hopefully a boss it can get to 9.5+/10

+ graphics and artistic direction
+ overall pretty balanced characters
+ many modes
+ excellent gameplay

- too much stuff (characters, costumes, stages) you need to buy on top of the base game to get, and it seems very overpriced
- cheap AI
- no boss(es) in arcade mode
Which off-meta char you main, bud?

Which off-meta char you main, bud?

Always a Zangief fan for SF5 and 6. I like the brute force. I'm too old to have the rock solid reflexes to do 10+ hit combinations lol.

Back in the day - like SF2 and all it's iterations - more of a Guile/Ryu/Ken type.

Disappointed how Ryu tends to always suck these days. Ken though is apparently really strong in 6. Can't believe we don't have Sagat yet. It makes no sense from a time and dedication perspective, but I wish single player had 4 unplayable bosses back like in the days of the original SF2.

Put 100+ hours into Starfield and decided to take a break. I 100% Jedi Survivor and absolutely loved every minute of it. It's a great game. Best Star Wars series since the original trilogy. There is a rumour they are already working on the 3rd one, but the lead game dev left the company. Hopefully EA doesn't find a way to fuck it up.

Now I'm playing through Disco Elysium and have been brought to tears from laughter several times. This game's deranged dark humor is right up my alley haha. Highly recommended if you dig story-driven RPGs.
I love Disco Elysium. When I played it, I described it as the closest single player representation of an actual game of D&D, if you had a good DM. The story just rolls on with your choices pulling you deeper into the world.

I really like how they implemented the dialogue/text too. Instead of being at the bottom center of your screen in a box, it's presented in a vertical rectangle, like you're texting with someone, making it far more easy to digest things.

If you enjoyed this, I highly recommend Baldur's Gate 3. It's my new #1 rep of a single player representation of a D&D experience.

I still haven't really played anything since last year. Just been exercising like a demon all summer so it's been productive but hopefully I get the itch back soon. A few games have since released that I want to play.

I jumped back into Cyberpunk after months with an old save file and my netrunner felt weird to me.

Considering starting a new build with a focus on action or cool, but intelligence is a hard one to let go of, because being a netrunner used to make me feel godlike, I liked having a character with knowledge of the world, and I always went for intelligence dialogue options (like the Delamain quest). I also like opening locked things. Oh, and I like being non-lethal, as well.

Or I can continue with Starfield. I'm a level 22 character with points in Piloting, stealth, security, scanning and geology. I've just found my first star power, but honestly, the game has just been pleasant so far, and I haven't been rushing back to keep playing.

Waiting on Like a Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name. Stoked that it's coming on Game Pass, though I'll want to get the story DLC as well. Judgement 2's Kaito Files DLC was great, with a beautiful ending.

I finished Halo 4/The Halo Collection. It was pretty fun. I would say Halo 3 was my favourite of the games

I started Dave the Diver which is a fun indie game. You gotta catch fish for a Sushi restaurant (By diving and using harpoons/knives rather than a fishing rod), and then act as waiter from opening time. But there's a storyline going on and there are a lot of secrets and loot to be discovered when you go diving. It's a well designed and fun game with charm and I'm intrigued to see where it's headed. It has amazing reviews so it could be a classic

Have installed Cyberpunk 2077 now the DLC is out so ready to get started on that too

I got up to like level 7 on Starfield and then tried adding a bunch of mods but seems like I fucked up the save, so gonna start again fresh

Last edited:
Anyone tried Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor? I see it on steam. Is it fun?

Do you enjoy Diablo type games? If you do and enjoy Warhammer 40k then it’s fun. I have fun with those types of games and the gritty WH40k setting is fun to me, but if you don’t like that then pass on the game.

I can’t seem to focus on a game for too long right now. I got games going in Bloodborne, Dark Souls Remaster, and Cyberpunk 2077.

Just bought the Old Hunters dlc and I’m having a good time exploring that. Think Bloodborne is my favorite Fromsoft game now. The world and lore are wild and far out.

The 2.0 update for Cyberpunk made a game I enjoyed much better. Having a blast with it, doing blades and stealth. Not sure if I’ll get the DLC though, I could buy a sweet co-op board game instead.

Dark Souls Remastered is vastly different from the other From games I’ve played. I’ve played Dark Souls 3, Elden Ring and Bloodborne. I think I prefer the slower pace.

If anyone is interested, THPS 1+2 are available on Steam and it’s currently on sale for $20 (50% off). After the 10th, the sale will end.

Anyone playing the indie game, Cacoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back