What are your favorite boxing gloves?

What are your favorite boxing gloves (multiple options)

• Winning

• Ring to Cage C17

• Boon

• Hayabusa Tokushu

• Top King Super Star Air

• Ringside IMF Tech

• Fairtex BGV1

• Twins BGVL3

• Rival RS2V

• Cleto Reyes Hybrid

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think several good gloves should make the cut that arent on the list that are quite favorable for boxing. Here are two that Need to be there though. The TU heatseekers though hard to find these days for the price they were are very hard to beat.

Just plain jane reyes trainers

Do you prefer trainers over hybrid?

They are two different type of gloves. Apples and Oranges. If your just asking for personal opinion I like how the hybrids fit around the wrist and fist. But I prefer the overall impact of the original trainers best.

They are two different type of gloves. Apples and Oranges. If your just asking for personal opinion I like how the hybrids fit around the wrist and fist. But I prefer the overall impact of the original trainers best.

Sorry to semi Jack the thread but. Do you know why the hybrids aren't on lockwoods website or the Mexican cleto Reyes website? Do they cost as much as the trainers. Ps bonus points for anyone who can tell me if its normal for the Mexico City cleto store to not have inventory of gloves? It's like they're world headquarters I can't imagine them not having gloves but I've called and been and it's the third time they've told me they don't have stock. (Plus this last time the price of gloves went up like 50%, more then double in pesos but it's weaker compared to the dollar now then before)

Sorry to semi Jack the thread but. Do you know why the hybrids aren't on lockwoods website or the Mexican cleto Reyes website? Do they cost as much as the trainers. Ps bonus points for anyone who can tell me if its normal for the Mexico City cleto store to not have inventory of gloves? It's like they're world headquarters I can't imagine them not having gloves but I've called and been and it's the third time they've told me they don't have stock. (Plus this last time the price of gloves went up like 50%, more then double in pesos but it's weaker compared to the dollar now then before)
Hybrids are exepnsive as hell on Lockwoods. I planned on getting some on there until they told me their prices. Its like an extra $20-$40 compared to other places

Rodrigo, you know i have a pair thats new remember... it had your name on it... it still can be yours!

Probably the best description on the gloves. I do feel the hybrids fit longer fingers better as well as the significantly better thumb.

I did get mine at Lockwood and I don't regret it but they are fairly inexpensive on eBay.

I REALLY like the 3Gs and am looking for another pair at a similar price but all time, those Reyes hybrids are hard to beat.

Bad Boys site has them on sale for 20 bucks my friend. I just ordered another pair.

I think several good gloves should make the cut that arent on the list that are quite favorable for boxing. Here are two that Need to be there though. The TU heatseekers though hard to find these days for the price they were are very hard to beat.

Just plain jane reyes trainers

I agree with strat on this one..simple is sometimes better.

Yeah for some reason Hybrids is hard to find at the moment, I don't know why. But looks like they are available on US site: http://store.cletoreyes.com/index.php/guantes-de-entrenamiento/e300-h.html Even cheaper than trainings.

By order of preference
1. Winning
11. Cleto Reyes Training Gloves
10. Rival RS2V
12. Cleto Reyes Hybrid (not in 3rd because it runs too small for my taste)
9. Twins BGVL 3
4. Hayabusa Tokushu (think the padding is too mushy)
15. Everlast Powerlock (would place it right below the Rival RS2V if the craftsmanship was more careful)
8. Fairtex BGV 1 (overweight, no grip bar, weird thumb placement for my taste)
7. Ringside IMF Tech (old ones were nice, now the regular IMF is made of concrete and has way too much synthetic leather)
2. C17 (don't care for replicas)
13. Title Gel (always overweight and hooooot, but great craftsmanship and leather in the Intense)
3. Boon (only glove in the list with craftsmanship even sloppier than Everlast)

Have not used, can't opine
5. Hayabusa Ikusa
6. Top King Super Star Air
14. Venum Elite

My first pair of Boons were great. The next pair were faulty and was exchanged for yet another faulty pair. I had to give up on the brand after that.

By order of preference
1. Winning
11. Cleto Reyes Training Gloves
10. Rival RS2V
12. Cleto Reyes Hybrid (not in 3rd because it runs too small for my taste)
9. Twins BGVL 3
4. Hayabusa Tokushu (think the padding is too mushy)
15. Everlast Powerlock (would place it right below the Rival RS2V if the craftsmanship was more careful)
8. Fairtex BGV 1 (overweight, no grip bar, weird thumb placement for my taste)
7. Ringside IMF Tech (old ones were nice, now the regular IMF is made of concrete and has way too much synthetic leather)
2. C17 (don't care for replicas)
13. Title Gel (always overweight and hooooot, but great craftsmanship and leather in the Intense)
3. Boon (only glove in the list with craftsmanship even sloppier than Everlast)

Have not used, can't opine
5. Hayabusa Ikusa
6. Top King Super Star Air
14. Venum Elite

GHVA226, thanks a lot for detailed response. I'm surprised you have used so many gloves from my list already.

I see a lot of people have very different experience with Boon. Our reviewer Jhullian absolutly loved them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwfQzhGB84M
From cheesesteak experience I understand that they do not come in the same condition every time. So I guess some can get lucky and some may not.

my favorite gloves are gloves that are soft but thick enough not to bottom out. and have a snug fit but not to tight. whenever i put my hands in gloves like that i like regardless of the brand

Back