What are your unpopular UFC opinions?

Wow almost every opinion on this thread, rather than unpopular, is either unenucated or unintelligent.
No shit this forum is on this sad state and most regulars are on Mayberry or TWR...
Man, ya can't throw out "uneducated or unintelligent" then cite the war room, my brother.

Man, ya can't throw out "uneducated or unintelligent" then cite the war room, my brother.
people go there for the chaos and entertainment, not for the insightful opinions on any issue.
It's not even entertaining here for some trolling, it's just mind boggling and cringe inducing

UFC can exist without Dana White. During the original TUF era he was critical but since the deal with Endeavor he is just a relic with shitty ideas riding on the wave of success UFC carried into 2016+. He has no other successful ventures without help from the Fertittas.

Lol how is this unpopular? Are there MMA fans who actually think Dana is running the UFC well?

Top 15 fighters now would beat majority of the greats of more than 10 years ago

Justin Gaethje is overrated

Romero beat Izzy

Kelvin Gastelum has amazing striking

Petr Yan is the second best BW when healthy, pending Umar’s ascension

Moreno is kind of annoying

Top 15 fighters now would beat majority of the greats of more than 10 years ago

Justin Gaethje is overrated

Romero beat Izzy

Kelvin Gastelum has amazing striking

Petr Yan is the second best BW when healthy, pending Umar’s ascension

Moreno is kind of annoying

Kelvin being a good striker is in no way unpopular. He's just eats a lot.

Tony looked like shit against Diaz because he had gotten koed by Chandler 4 months earlier, Tony looked like a million bucks against Chandler before the ko, flash knockdown signature Tony ground elbows.

GSP Vs Hendricks was a close fight not a robbery.

Jones Vs Gus 1 is an overrated fight.

Strickland Vs Jared was not a robbery, Jared 48-47

Tony will beat Bobby Green and Justin will beat Dustin because of altitude, Last time we were in salt lake Leon was about to get 49-46ed and then in the uk Leon was on his way to a 49-46 but because of eye poke it wasn’t scored that, Costa got out wrestled by old washed up chinny Rockhold.

Yair vs Volk won’t be close and Volk will dominate Yair.

Even if Charles beats Islam in the rematch he’s won’t be LW GOAT.

Hill beats Jiri but loses to the winner of Alex vs Jan

Moreno is gonna be champion for a long time

Sanchez/Guida and Bonnar/Griffin weren't exciting fights. They were just sloppy and wild, which is why no one got knocked out

BJ Penn was very good, but not a GOAT

Izzy's KO of Pereira wasn't a strategy and more of a lucky shot in a fight he was losing

Also: there is an active effort by WME to make MMA as boring as possible. They want a sanitized, corporate sport with no finishes and no controversy.

I hate Daniel Cormier. Paper champ at 205. Towel gate. Eyepoked Stipe. Olympic wrestler but never took gear. His personality just comes across as sanctimonious and smug to me. His commentary is abysmal and I can't stand him going "this is high level stuff that casuals wouldn't understand" when it's 3 minutes of cage stalling. Gatekeeping Jim Miller was a bad look.

I honestly liked him somewhat as a fighter his commentary has just turned me off him completely.
Used to really respect Cormier, but wow he has been terrible since retirement. The disrespect to fedor, ufc shilling, and unprofessional commentary make his behavior routinely agonizing

Lee Murray would have been a UFC champion if he had a handler to manage his outside the cage life.

Josh Koscheck was criminally underrated despite doing OK in the UFC.

Johnny Hendricks entire career was ruined by two of the worst decisions I've ever seen against GSP and Lawler. His life spiraled out of control as a result of these two fights.

Conor was never the best 155er or 145er, as Edgar would have smoked him at any point in time during his run in either weight class.

Tony Ferguson would never have beat Khabib.

Fighter Kevin Lee didn't really do OK in the UFC.

How is that unpopular? He was literally a champ in his time.
Multiple times and multiple defenses too!
Just super god damn goofy
Timmeh bless
FBOZHDwX0AguI_l.jpg

This is why I think fighters should go for the money and say "Fuck You" to taking any fights for "Legacy" I get the ego thing, but otherwise, go for the money. You can be as successful as Tim Sylvia, win and defend your belt, and people will shit on you once you retire, no matter what.

1. Tony was overrated, sure he had a solid run, but he got a ton and fights sloppy, easy W for Khabib if they ever fought
2. Conor is the most overrated fighter ever, doesn't belong in the top 20 and Frankie would of owned at him 45 if Conor actually had to defend the belt
3. Big nog and Cro Cop are mad overrated as well
4. whenever there's a vacant belt, there should be tournaments to make it more excited
5. Rose belongs no where near a title shot, home girl had one of THE most boring fights ever and lost her last fight

Back