what association do you think has the best no gi tech

they dont do lockdown like how bravo doe sit they were calling lockdown the scorpion lock and used the inside leg vs outside leg so they can go into deep half easier ect at least from what i seen from tom deblass dvd

Gary uses the exact same lockdown Eddie uses most of the times, what he doesn’t do is hang on quater guard like edde likes to do it, or go for electric chair sweeps, or rarely does...

Gary uses the exact same lockdown Eddie uses most of the times, what he doesn’t do is hang on quater guard like edde likes to do it, or go for electric chair sweeps, or rarely does...
Exactly. Also Garry since his loss to Lucas Lepri has played a little bit less traditional half and lockdown and has used more reverse delariva and half butterfly. He still plays some classic half but doesn't go for it as much as he did prior. His guard retention has actually much better in the past couple years.

lol isnt a challenge but its tedious
Honestly I'd think it would be more work to not have punctuation. I don't know of any smartphones that don't place periods, capitalize new sentences, or even add apostrophes without you even having to do anything.

But do you breh

Yeah but they all come from renzo lineage at end of day and train together off and on thats what makes them so strong all these diff guys with all these different games when they find something new they all exchange the info

If you consider that tedious I dunno how you get through anything in life at all
And leaving out the punctuation marks is still tedious. Just not for him. It just passes the tediousness off to other people that have to do the the work to figure it out in their own head.

Definitely seems like in recent years Renzo and Danaher are producing some real killers.

WTF happened to 10th Planet?
10th planet has some killers. Their warmups are actually really good for drilling. I find though, that they lack the intricate details of some other classes. They do good man. Just sometimes I wish Eddie would get to the intricacies of the positions he teaches. It’s all about learning the warm-ups. The warm-ups are good. The warm ups are like extended drilling. The issue again is that some intricate details sometimes don’t get explained. I’ve been to HQ and I love 10th planet and Eddie. It’s not a disparage against the association because I train with those dudes every chance I get.

I only see him go for electric chair from lockdown he just goes for the heel hook when they inevitable resist rather than try to force the sweep.

I only see him go for electric chair from lockdown he just goes for the heel hook when they inevitable resist rather than try to force the sweep.

If they resist he transitions to some other stuff, but he still most of the times achieves what he wants, he either completes the sweep get his opponent off balance and from there he transitions to something else, I think he’s main goal is to off balance his opponent, not necessarily finish the sweep

10th planet has some killers. Their warmups are actually really good for drilling. I find though, that they lack the intricate details of some other classes. They do good man. Just sometimes I wish Eddie would get to the intricacies of the positions he teaches. It’s all about learning the warm-ups. The warm-ups are good. The warm ups are like extended drilling. The issue again is that some intricate details sometimes don’t get explained. I’ve been to HQ and I love 10th planet and Eddie. It’s not a disparage against the association because I train with those dudes every chance I get.

Why would you go into details in the warmups? Warm ups are for well warm up... you go into details in the technique part of the class

Why would you go into details in the warmups? Warm ups are for well warm up... you go into details in the technique part of the class
That is the technique part of the class man. Explaining and demonstrating the warmups and then drilling them is the technique portion.

They are called warm ups but they are actually techniques and drilling. They are good techniques. Just sometimes, the explanation is lacking.

The real warm ups are your typical shrimp down the mat, forward rolls, etc.

That is the technique part of the class man. Explaining the warmups and then drilling them is the technique portion.

They are called warm ups but they are actually techniques and drilling. They are good techniques. Just sometimes, the explanation is lacking.

Hmmm... I thought they were meant to warm you up... If they are use as techniques. I don’t see very much use of it, the sequences are waaaaaaay too long and unrealistics, it’s grwat to have your body move sweat and have a bigger picture of options you may take, but to go into too much detail of a set of technique when they are too long, I don’t see the point

Hmmm... I thought they were meant to warm you up... If they are use as techniques. I don’t see very much use of it, the sequences are waaaaaaay too long and unrealistics, it’s grwat to have your body move sweat and have a bigger picture of options you may take, but to go into too much detail of a set of technique when they are too long, I don’t see the point
They are good actually. It’s just some of the positions aren’t explained fully. That’s my only complaint.

They are good actually. It’s just some of the positions aren’t explained fully. That’s my only complaint.

There are some sequences that are good, but many of them are plain grappling kata, too long and u realistic, I’ve implemented some of their warm ups in my class, but I’m not about to try to make my students drill al 10 step move, is no diffenewnt than karate choreograph kata

There are some sequences that are good, but many of them are plain grappling kata, too long and u realistic, I’ve implemented some of their warm ups in my class, but I’m not about to try to make my students drill al 10 step move, is no diffenewnt than karate choreograph kata
It’s called drilling. That’s all it is. Then they positional spar. Then it’s free rolling at the end of class. I don’t see what’s wrong with drilling sequences, then doing those sequences with resistance, then free spar at the end of class. That’s what most gyms do, isn’t it? I know all the schools I’ve been to do it this way.

It’s called drilling. That’s all it is. Then they positional spar. Then it’s free rolling at the end of class. I don’t see what’s wrong with drilling sequences, then doing those sequences with resistance, then free spar at the end of class. That’s what most gyms do, isn’t it? I know all the schools I’ve been to do it this way.

When the sequences are too long stop being drilling and becomes kata. You could drill the shit out of a kata sequence, but no matter how much you drill it, your not pulling that in real sparring. Note that I’m not talking about all warm ups series, some are fine, but some are just too long and unrealistic.

I think warming up doing technique is way better than jumping jacks and shit, although for old folks doing some jumping jacks planks and stuff might be healthier. I personally need to warm up my Lower back, so I rather do some planking than any other drill.

LOL!! So it sounds like we need to split the class into old farts on this side and the young guns on the other side...

LOL!! So it sounds like we need to split the class into old farts on this side and the young guns on the other side...

Not necesarily 100 jumping jacks plus 1 minute planks is all right for the whole class

i usually do technique combos i tell them to do a basic standing break into a pass into side control then pop to knee on belly they turn into grab a single or frame the knee then hit an armlock or go behind to the back thats a good little warm up drill tot each howto flow well from 1 position to the next

making techniques flow its like striking throwing combos is a goood warm up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back