What book(s) are you reading now?

I'm a huge fan of horror fiction as well. Though, I haven't read either of these books. I've heard great things about THE FISHERMAN & I plan to read it at some point because I really enjoyed his collection of short fiction THE WIDE CARNIVOROUS SKY AND OTHER MONSTEROUS GEOGRAPHIES.
The last really great horror novel I've read was Ronald Malfi's BONE WHITE which was creepy as hell. I highly recommend it. In fact, I recommend all of Malfi's work.

Bone White sounds good, added to my reading list, thanks!

Being a voracious reader I usually have two books going at once & now is no different as at the moment I'm reading the Chris Carter's thriller novel, I AM DEATH in paperback & I'm also enjoying a book that I borrowed from local library by the name of HARD LUCK: THE TRIUMPH & TRAGEDY OF "IRISH" JERRY QUARRY. Which is an excellent account of the life & career of the '60s & '70s heavyweight contender. Which is going to be a great prelude to the next non-fiction book that I have waiting for me on my Kindle called OFF THE ROPES: THE RON LYLE STORY.

I've got three books going on:
Lonesome Dove, which is great fun (it's a western epic, considered an American classic).
Gormenghast, which is a bit slow to get going, but I really like the atmosphere.
Napoleon the Great, which is a breathtaking new biography.

Mutual Aid - Kropotkin
A Journal of the Plague Year - Daniel Defoe (this is quite boring so far so I might drop it soon)
Short Stories - Philip K. Dick (some are great and I wanna read ''Ubik'' or ''A Scanner Darkly'' next)

Mutual Aid - Kropotkin
A Journal of the Plague Year - Daniel Defoe (this is quite boring so far so I might drop it soon)
Short Stories - Philip K. Dick (some are great and I wanna read ''Ubik'' or ''A Scanner Darkly'' next)

I've not read Ubik but A Scanner Darkly is awesome, well worth picking up

I have this book, have attempted to read it twice, and just end up pissed off and stop reading
Definitely a different and interesting style. Im enjoying it so far but i figure ill need to read it once or twice over again just to understand every thing and get the flow of it

Bone White sounds good, added to my reading list, thanks!
Yeah, by all means, get a copy soon because it's perfect reading for long winter nights as it takes place in isolated, rural Alaska with the protagonist searching for information about his missing brother who may or may not have been the victim of a serial killer. It's great stuff. Malfi's other best works are his novels DECEMBER PARK, THE NARROWS & FLOATING STAIRCASE.

Yeah, by all means, get a copy soon because it's perfect reading for long winter nights as it takes place in isolated, rural Alaska with the protagonist searching for information about his missing brother who may or may not have been the victim of a serial killer. It's great stuff. Malfi's other best works are his novels DECEMBER PARK, THE NARROWS & FLOATING STAIRCASE.

I like the sound of December Park and The Narrows, as for the Floating Staircase, I'm not big on ghost stories really, I have a really hard time getting into them, but will definitely try to check out the others mentioned.

I like the sound of December Park and The Narrows, as for the Floating Staircase, I'm not big on ghost stories really, I have a really hard time getting into them, but will definitely try to check out the others mentioned.

I'm much the same way when it comes to ghost stories & haunted house novels but this one actually grabbed my attention from the start & didn't loosen its grip until the end. A rare thing with that particular sub-genre. However, there was another similarly themed novel of his called LITTLE GIRLS that was apparently his attempt at "quiet horror" & it didn't resonate with me at all. I had to set it aside after giving it a chance. It being the only Malfi novel that I bailed on.

02215fe6-491a-11e6-85c2-6f67e37b8616-780x1178.jpg

Good so far

Very interesting

I’m reading the Demon Cycle books by Peter V. Brett. Pretty good.

51y941ycT-L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm reading the Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn again, almost finished the second book. I'm on a bit of a Star Wars thing at the minute.

I need to do that one day. Sounds interesting and Karpyshyn with Mass Effect on his CV and shit

What about?

It's written by a Finnish journalist now living in America.

Basically it compares and contrasts life in America vs the Nordic region.

I love that area of the world (was recently on vacation there) so I picked up a few books about Norway and the Nordic region as a whole.

I love this novel so much. The amount of research that must have gone into it is staggering, and I love the 18th century language.
I’m loving it as well—it’s classic Pynchon doing really very Pynchon things, while also being a unique detour from his earlier work.

have you read The Sot-Weed Factor by Barth? it’s another postmodern hyper-fictionalized histortical novel that is also written in an exaggerated 18th century style of language. I highly recommend it.

I’m loving it as well—it’s classic Pynchon doing really very Pynchon things, while also being a unique detour from his earlier work.

have you read The Sot-Weed Factor by Barth? it’s another postmodern hyper-fictionalized histortical novel that is also written in an exaggerated 18th century style of language. I highly recommend it.
Yes, it's great as well. Pynchon was very complimentary of it also. I'm sure it was an influence.

Mutual Aid - Kropotkin
Have you seen the movie? A Scanner Darkly?

I need to do that one day. Sounds interesting and Karpyshyn with Mass Effect on his CV and shit

Do it brother, you won't be disappointed it's an awesome series if you like Star Wars EU stuff his Revan book is also solid.

Back