What books are you reading?

Here’s a few I’m reading:

Life by Keith Richards. Rambling stories from the riff meister.
God’s Promises for Every Day by Thomas Nelson. Indexed to look up what to do if you’re feeling anxious, bored, angry, jealous etc.
Batman Year One by Frank Miller. Classic graphic novel.
Reggae Roots by Kevin O’Brian Chang & Wayne Chen. Origins of reggae music told by Jamaicans.

What are you reading?
David Deida.

Grunch of giants by Buckminster Fuller.

Just finished David Goggins, Can't hurt me. It wasn't too bad. Funny dude in a weird sort of way. Maybe 'crazy' is a better way to describe him than 'funny'.
Damn, bought the book months ago and still haven't started it. Maybe one of these days. Love Goggins, I'll hit up a 10mile run in a little while

I'm currently reading this book. I was joking early on that it is a chick flick of a book. It was very female orientated. As the book goes on though it has gotten better, for me at least being a male.

How to Starve Cancer: ...and Then Kill It With Ferroptosis Paperback – September 1, 2021​

After being given a terminal diagnosis with only a few weeks to live, Jane dug up research, some decades old, in her quest to survive. Rather than aiming to cure cancer, which in many cases is unachievable, Jane's approach was to stop it growing. Remarkably her approach not only stopped it growing, it disappeared altogether. There are now clinics following her protocol, achieving remarkable successes. This book is a game-changing new dawn in the treatment of cancer.

An international publishing sensation. This page-turning inspirational read is updated with a new 'Metro Map', Jane's unique and revolutionary route map to starving cancer. A glossary and index will also be included. Written in two sections, in Part 1 Jane intertwines her remarkable life story of 'terminal cancer' to full recovery, describing how she discovered a unique cocktail of off label drugs (drugs usually prescribed for other conditions) and supplements that effectively starve the cancer stem cell, the cell left behind by conventional treatment. Treatment for the stem cell is hailed as the Holy Grail, so this book plugs the missing piece into why we do not have a cure for cancer. Lead cancer researchers at top oncology centers are now using this book as a guide and Jane has a huge following of tens of thousands on Facebook. Testimonials abound from happy and delighted recovered patients and from oncologists who use her methods. National press, TV and radio have already covered Jane's ground-breaking research. Much more is in the pipeline with two documentaries and a possible movie in the future. Jane won the 'Amazing Women Global' Lifetime Achievement 2019 and the New York Big Book Award 2019

Just started re-reading "Ivanhoe" by W. Scott. Out of the blue. Dunno why. Read it first when I was 13 or 14 or whatever.

<Fedor23>

Finished a book named unwanted guest by Shari Lapena.

i recommend for people who like mysteries that take place in one location.

very quick fast paced read.

finally cracked open Infinite Jest by DFW. Don't know what I was waiting for I can't put it down.

71CQc1ad8ML.jpg

not king best work either. Shit is not scary at all but does have some violence.
His best book

Conan the Valorous
Conan the Devil in Iron
Shares magazine
The Lincoln Lawyer.

Normally have 3 or 4 books on the go.

Anyone read any extreme horror books?

ive picked a book called The Summer i died. the beginning is set up but it gets quite nuts later on.

The Gulag Archipelago Vol. 2
I never knew there was a second volume. What did you think about the first volume?
I’m fascinated with Russian history especially the past 100 years. I’m currently reading Autopsy of a Regimen. It takes you through all Russian leaders from 1917 to the fall of the Soviet Union. No other way to put it except ‘Russia has been through some shit’ lol.

Edit: My view is from an American perspective

I never knew there was a second volume. What did you think about the first volume?
I’m fascinated with Russian history especially the past 100 years. I’m currently reading Autopsy of a Regimen. It takes you through all Russian leaders from 1917 to the fall of the Soviet Union. No other way to put it except ‘Russia has been through some shit’ lol.

Edit: My view is from an American perspective
There's 3 volumes with the second being the best imo. All great though.

I love Russian history and am obsessed with their literature as well. Devouring a few books on the Romanovs and Rasputin at the moment. Such a rich history.

Cracking Cancer Toolkit: Using Repurposed Drugs for Cancer Treatment Paperback – December 1, 2020​

See all formats and editions

After three family members were stricken with aggressive cancer, I realized I had to get up to speed on the jargon of cancer research, and devise my own cancer toolkit of repurposed drugs and supplements if I wanted my loved ones to survive. This book is a record of that journey as we explore "Cancer as a Metabolic Disease" and the repurposed drugs and supplements targeting metabolic pathways for eradication of cancer stem cells. The problem is not about finding the one elusive anti-cancer drug or botanical substance. The problem is that we have too many anti-cancer substances to choose from. How do we narrow down the list and use them in an effective combination? Hopefully, this book will give you the information needed to select a few key repurposed drugs and supplements to target Cancer Stem Cells and the important metabolic pathways in a synergistic manner, resulting in the desired curative efficacy. –Jeffrey Dach, MDExcerpt from Foreword by Carol Petersen, RPh, CNP:Dr. Jeffrey Dach found himself face to face with serious cancer challenges to family members. His training in radiology gave him a platform to launch his investigation and he worked tirelessly to find information that could change a deadly outcome. His searches cover 5 years of study. He investigated practitioners and scientists who might have insights. In the end, his family members had successful outcomes. He has decided to share the information he accumulated. “Cracking Cancer Toolbox” is not a protocol nor recipe for success for any particular cancer. It is however, a gateway to learning much more about cancer than the average oncologist will relate to their patients. Knowledge is power. Reading this book and keeping it as a reference will open doors to learning new theories and potential therapies. Many therapies already exist but have been unused because of strict adherence to the narrative. Dr. Dach presents us with the gift of translation. His writing is clear and understandable. We don’t have to have a PhD or medical degree to grasp concepts that come cloaked in medical jargon. This compilation of cancer information is a great work. He sends it into the world so many more can benefit. – Carol Petersen, RPh, CNPExcerpt from Foreword by Akbar Khan, MD: And now we have Dr. Jeffrey Dach’s book, Cracking Cancer Toolkit, which explains the metabolic theory of cancer and other novel theories in a comprehensible writing style, understandable to the non-medical reader. Given how common cancer is today, this book is a valuable addition to any home library. Indeed, the knowledge you gain may save your life, or the life of a friend or family member. – Akbar Khan, MD About the Author: Jeffrey Dach, MD is a practicing physician, originally board certified in Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology. In 2005, Dr Dach retired from radiology and resumed outpatient clinical medicine in a small office in Davie, Florida. He is the author of Heart Book, Bioidentical Hormones 101 and Natural Medicine 101. He is co-author of Stop the Thyroid Madness Vol.2. Dr. Dach lives in Hollywood, Florida, and is married, with three adult married children, and three grandchildren. His web sites are www.jeffreydachmd.com and www.crackingcancertoolkit.com.

IMG_7356.png
IMG_7357.jpeg

if it’s Thomas Pynchon’s jam it’s gotta be good

finally cracked open Infinite Jest by DFW. Don't know what I was waiting for I can't put it down.
I keep meaning to read that but I'm really afraid of that huge book because I worry the final page, #1,079 will say

"JUST KIDDING!"

1704490738549.png

About 1/3 through The Hero of Ages, third book in the Mistborn trilogy. Really enjoy the series and the world Brandon Sanderson has built, but man does this one start slow. I know it will get a lot better, but still in story building portion and not a lot has happened yet.

The Power of Now

It's been amazing in helping me get over my overthinking in training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back