What books are you reading?

Really loved this series. The revelations in Book 1 and 2 were great. Trying to make sense of the pieces was a total mind trip and then they all fell into place in the end.

The third book was great, but I thought the overall ending was a bit of a let down. It was a hard act to finish up with how great the lead up material was.

Im thinking about getting that "fan fiction" spin off that became official. Im just at the bunker era.
Insane stuff.
Funny to think, same guy wrote the book that spaceship earth movie is based on that look so campy and dumb. But reading about that too, it sounds mind boggling. might need to read a few more of his books

51lO6j688SL.jpg

Atomic Habits. One chapter in and he already torpedoed his own argument. I think.

I'm reading Pachinko, not super invested in it thus far tho. Last book I read before that was "what I talk about when I talk about running" by Haruki Murakami. I recommend that one for sure. Basically Murakami is a novelist but also kind of likes to David Goggins it up a bit (to a less extreme extent).

He's ran ultramarathons and if I remember correctly, in his late 40s started doing triathlons as well.

I'm reading Goggins can't hurt me. After watching a few of his appearances on JRE every sentence I read in his voice and mannerisms, which is making it a fun read.

I'm reading Goggins can't hurt me. After watching a few of his appearances on JRE every sentence I read in his voice and mannerisms, which is making it a fun read.
How is the book so far? I've been a little bitch for the greater portion of my life and running is helping me but I'm still just getting started. There's a lot of bitch to get out of me lol. Running is great because even at the start of a run, in my head I will already be like "shit this is uncomfortable, I could just quit right now" but I don't. I feel like his entire reason for working out is for mental toughness and that's why even when he does resistance training he's doing high reps or constant super sets.

Reactions: Zer

I read that a few months ago. I also grew up fat and lost the weight, so I understood his points about taking accountability for your weaknesses. But then most of the book is about him doing superhuman shit that makes me look like a complete pussy. I enjoyed it, he's a remarkable guy, but he's unrelatable in a lot of ways

I don't typically read fiction and when I do its always by author Dan Brown because they intertwine non-fiction with fiction.

However, I'm a very, very big admirer of Penn Jillette of the magician duo Penn & Teller and I'm really fascinated by probability and statistics.

And it just so happens he (a magician and someone I really, really like outside of being a magician) wrote a book about probability and statistics, so it was a given that I had to read it.

Rhjo2dh.jpg

Postscript: I'm a huge fan of Teller as a magician and a person also.

That’s pretty sweet, may need to see about getting that. On the Star Trek front, I picked up a copy of the book The Making of Star Trek.

My wife and I just started watching TOS, and this book has some cool behind the scenes info and stories.

If that is the same book I am thinking of, it's one of the first Star Trek books written (TOS was still in production). It would be splendid if there was a hardback version.

I wouldn't recommend drinking sea water straight. Might be to strong to handle that way.

The book is manly about a famous French scientist named Rene Quinton. He was famous in his time in France for discovering that sea water, watered down, is similar to human blood plasma with its mineral content. When a cholera outbreak occurred in France Quinton is credited with saving many lives by injecting those suffering from cholera dehydration with his watered down sea water formula. Later Quintons sea water was used to save WW1 soldiers.

What attracted me to the book mainly was past articles i've read about how modern water IVs might be injuring people. Water used has been purified and then purified salt has been added to it. The problem with that some say is that humans are not made to consume just salt. Unrefined sea salt has over 70 minerals in it.

The other part that interested me is that in the past the sea water treatment was used to treat different health conditions in France and the UK. I was curious what those conditions were.

Drinking sea water: Using Dr. Hamer’s 5 biological laws on self-healing Paperback – August 20, 2020

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GFRBLJK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

&

Why Did Sterile Salt Water Become The IV Fluid Of Choice?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...rile-salt-water-become-the-iv-fluid-of-choice

I don't typically read fiction and when I do its always by author Dan Brown because they intertwine non-fiction with fiction.

However, I'm a very, very big admirer of Penn Jillette of the magician duo Penn & Teller and I'm really fascinated by probability and statistics.

And it just so happens he (a magician and someone I really, really like outside of being a magician) wrote a book about probability and statistics, so it was a given that I had to read it.

Rhjo2dh.jpg

Postscript: I'm a huge fan of Teller as a magician and a person also.
You got me all fired up with Jillette and of course Dan Brown (whom I dig very much because he dares to point the finger at the Vatican and get away with it !!!!

How is the book so far? I've been a little bitch for the greater portion of my life and running is helping me but I'm still just getting started. There's a lot of bitch to get out of me lol. Running is great because even at the start of a run, in my head I will already be like "shit this is uncomfortable, I could just quit right now" but I don't. I feel like his entire reason for working out is for mental toughness and that's why even when he does resistance training he's doing high reps or constant super sets.

I'm not far in and a lot of what he writes about so far is in his podcasts. But I enjoy these types of books. You should see if you can find Born to run, that's a great running book.

Do you actually enjoy running? If not it's going to be a struggle to maintain in the longer term. My recommendation would be to hit the trails if you can, it's much more fun than slugging away on the concrete.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back