What boxers of any time would have had the best style for mma

Xyiencemma

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What boxers of any time would have had a good style for mma. Obviously mma is different but lets say someone was looking up to a boxer and wanted to train there style and bring it to mma who would be the best to emulate. Give me a few boxers if you could. Thanks

Tyson, IF, he had a MMA trainer like Cus who knew how to mold him and tether his beast.

I think this should be in the MMA section but whatever Foreman

Jack Johnson, some good dirty boxing and control in the clinch.

Just looked him up and he is nasty. I certainly can see his style in mma. Thank you for the share

He's had 5 mma fights then seems to have stopped fighting to do TV/film. Here's his last:

[YT]_vMFAArQ07g[/YT]

Jack Dempsey hell for conditioning purposes he wrestled a lot in some if his camps

Rocky Marciano or Sandy Saddler I think would have done pretty well.

james j Jeffries, bob fitzsimmons had the world Greco roman champion in his camp and wrestled him all the time.

Danny Hodge, if that counts.

Otherwise Jeremy Williams and any of the guys who trained and fought in pre-Marquis de Queensbury rules.

In other words, all of them had enough boxing, the ability to grapple and stay on their feet is what would be the differentiating factor.

Kermit Cintron as he wrestled in highschool and college. Cintron is also quite the actor as he can likely turn any punch into a headbutt and when things are likely too much for him he can just fling himself over the ropes

Back