What chances are you giving McGregor or Poirier to win in the Rubber Match??

What are the chances you give to each fighter is going to win?

• 100% Certainty McGregor Will Win. NO CHANCE OF LOSING!

• 90% Chance McGregor Will Win (Very Heavy Favorite). 10% Chance for Poirier.

• 80% Chance McGregor Will Win (Heavy Favorite). 20% Chance for Poirier.

• 70% Chance McGregor Will Win (Favorite). 30% Chance for Poirier.

• 60% Chance McGregor Will Win (Slight Favorite). 40% Chance to Poirier.

• 50/50. No Preference. No Prediction. Dead Even.

• 60% Chance Poirier Will Win (Slight Favorite). 40% Chance to McGregor.

• 70% Chance Poirier Will Win (Favorite). 30% Chance to McGregor.

• 80% Chance Poirier Will Win (Heavy Favorite). 20% Chance to McGregor.

• 90% Chance Poirier Will Win (Very Heavy Favorite). 10% Chance to McGregor.

• 100% Chance Poirier Will Win. NO CHANCE OF LOSING.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Porier saying McGregor caught him good and almost put him out.

Porier 66.6666%
McGregor 33.3333%
Draw 0.0001%

50/50 fight slightly leaning with conor taking it

70% on Dustin because Conor could possibly catch him.

Seeing 70/30 Poirier being the most selected feels wrong to me. I can’t see this as anything other than a 50/50 +-5 fight. I think Poirier was hurt pretty bad in the 1st last fight…and not too terribly far from getting finished. He’s the better fighter, but he’s very hittable and it’s sketchy as hell early. I don’t know how pumped I am to even watch it again, but I will.

Voted 70-30 Poirier, probably more like 60-40. Split the difference, say 65-35?

I watched this again last night, I must admit that it was closer than I remember, Conor got some pretty sweet shots off. Dustin has a rock solid jaw.

Results so far -

14.9% of voters believe Conor is the likely winner. (Leaving out those who are 100% certain he will win)

68.8% of voters believe Poirier is the likely winner.
(Leaving out those who are 100% certain he will win)

60/40 Poirier.
He has more tools to win but has been ko'd multiple times. Conor still hits hard.

80% chance Dustin will win, heavy favorite.

Conor is going to have to get a little dirty to win this one, elbows behind the head, maybe a few punches also. See if Herb will ref the fight, and just do everything possible to get the edge, frustrate Dustin and take advantage in brutal fashion.

It's just so incredibly difficult to win against elite fighters when everyone knows you have pretty much a 10min clock then your done. No one is going to rush into a counter punch, no one is going to ignore the left hand, and everyone feels more confident the longer the fight goes.

Even if Conor outstrikes Dustin for 2 rounds and suffers ZERO damage, defends every leg kick beautifully, and even drops Dustin. Dustin would still get off his stool for the third and be just as likely to win the fight as Conor. So what happens when Dustin does hit him again? What happens when just 2-3 of those calf kicks get through? What happens when he gets clinched or gets taken down? And this is assuming Dustin makes absolutely zero adjustments at all, let alone the more confident version of Dustin we'll see this time.

People want to believe, but if your only chance is an early one punch KO, that's not much of a chance when you haven't showed that ability at LW or WW. If Conor pulls this off, this would be an incredibly great win on his resume, but not realistic.

It sounds crazy to most to say 80-90% chance for Dustin to win, but it won't in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
80% chance Dustin will win, heavy favorite.

Conor is going to have to get a little dirty to win this one, elbows behind the head, maybe a few punches also. See if Herb will ref the fight, and just do everything possible to get the edge, frustrate Dustin and take advantage in brutal fashion.

It's just so incredibly difficult to win against elite fighters when everyone knows you have pretty much a 10min clock then your done. No one is going to rush into a counter punch, no one is going to ignore the left hand, and everyone feels more confident the longer the fight goes.

Even if Conor outstrikes Dustin for 2 rounds and suffers ZERO damage, defends every leg kick beautifully, and even drops Dustin. Dustin would still get off his stool for the third and be just as likely to win the fight as Conor. So what happens when Dustin does hit him again? What happens when just 2-3 of those calf kicks get through? What happens when he gets clinched or gets taken down? And this is assuming Dustin makes absolutely zero adjustments at all, let alone the more confident version of Dustin we'll see this time.

People want to believe, but if your only chance is an early one punch KO, that's not much of a chance when you haven't showed that ability at LW or WW. If Conor pulls this off, this would be an incredibly great win on his resume, but not realistic.

It sounds crazy to most to say 80-90% chance for Dustin to win, but it won't in a couple weeks.

Well stated.

And in their recent fight Poirier proved McGregor's takedown-defense still isn't very good. Its decent when the shot is telegraphed but when McGregor is taken by surprise he goes down quite easily, and he wastes alot of energy trying to get up and in the cliche.

If I were in Poirier's camp, our gameplan would to be Khabib 2.0.

Poirier's riskiest moments in the rematch was when he was striking with Conor and he ate some HARD shots. Poirier has a hell of a chin but a smarter gameplan would be to avoid the 'Rocky' strategy of blocking punches with his face.

I'm giving Poirier a good edge. I think he's seasoned and battle hardened whereas McGregor has had a pretty inactive career and he's not the fighter he was five years ago.

I think Conor will make the adjustment and come out on top, I'm giving him a slight advantage.

I'd still consider it close to 50/50. Both can bring it and neither is untouchable

God bless the believers who chose Conor McGregor 100% chance of winning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back