What did you all think of the movie Signs?

Great movie. It had a lot parts that really made me laugh but also a lot of serious parts. I loved how it all came together at the end.

Like all M. Knight films, it was shit

What the fuck. My favorite movies are plotless action flicks One of my top 10 favorite movies is Hardcore Henry.

I just got done watching Signs and thought that was a very entertaining movie. At no point was I bored during that movie. I think it was an enjoyable movie but I know everybody's got their own opinion. that's all I wanted to add to this thread.

Pretty good.

Ending was a bit bunk but other wise a fun movie.

I love it. It's my favorite M. Night movie by far.

Yeah that complaint never bothered me. If you want to see a Shymalan movie with a plot points that make you cringe, see Lady in the Water.

Signs, on the other hand, I've always thought was an awesome movie. One of his best. The style to it is just great. Even if the film didn't have other redeeming elements there are some very effective uses of cinematography, music, editing in that film. It's just effectively done. One of the moments I always cite as just great from a theatergoing perspective is when Gibson seems like he's going to leave when he's checking up on the alien that Shammy told him he managed to trap in his house. He uses the knife to try to get a reflection of the other side of the door but sees nothing. He gets up as though he's given up but just as he's about to exit, he just walks back resolutely and looks under the door and BAM clawed hand coming right at him.

But the cool thing is it has other things to offer besides the technically solid horror/thriller elements. Gibson, Phoenix, Culkin, and Breslin all deliver very good performances in my opinion.

It's not a mind-blowing twist or anything, but it was a nice sense of Gibson's arc coming full circle. Plus, Night had that problem after the Sixth Sense where everyone expected him to deliver a shocking twist each time out. It doesn't work like that.
I will say this, as great as the ending of the Sixth Sense was, I was more shocked by the ending to Unbreakable. That reveal where we see and its been 18 years I'm not using spoiler tags but will warn DON'T Read if you didn't see it

Mr. Glass was orchestrating those horrific attacks so that he could find someone like Willis- that just really messed with my mind as a fifteen year old first seeing that film.

Agreed on all points, sir. Unbreakable was fantastic as well. I just saw Split and that was great too. And I won’t mention anything else for those who haven’t seen it.

The ending ruined it for me. It seemed like a really desperate, forced way of creating s twist.

Great suspense. Excellent for one time viewing and ok any time after.

I haven't seen it since it was first released (in what, 2002?) but I remember it being pretty good.

When you could be defeated by little drizzle you know you didn't think though your invasion.

I really like it, don't really care about the whole angel/demons theory.

Back