Media What did you make of the backflip that landed a shin to Potieras chin?

It was inadvertent, so it’s legal. My opinion

Definitely illegal. But is what it is. Hard to like Ihor after he showed no tact against Shogun, so was kind of amusing to see it happen to him <Fedor23>

funny thing me and a buddy were having the talk about grounded kicks and knees after the shogun hof package... i said instantly thats illegal as fuck lol... dope ass move should be legal i hate the ufc ruleset

I feel it is illegal but somewhat acceptable. It is a little hard to aim with that strike.

This might be the most dishonest argument I've ever seen. He has absolutely no control over where the strike is going to land and it has a fairly high percentage chance that a part of the leg/knee/foot will make contact with the head/face. If you're going to do such a reckless move you can't say "whoopsie" when the it lands on the face.
If you actually look at the rule, the intent is that you are not to throw kicks or knee strikes aimed at the head. “Knees” may misconstrued because they name both the body part and the action of kneeing. It is clear that it is a foul if you intentionally throw a knee strike at a grounded opponents head. Shins or knees touching a downed opponents head from any type of movement to that is not a kick or knee are not mentioned in the rules.

someone tried that in japan, against shinya aoki or someone. he might have been romanian i think. late 2000s/earyl 2010s.....anyone remember?

zemeski or ramskis or something similar like that. anyone know?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

GIF by @KazDibiase

Landed on the clavicle, in between the neck and shoulder. Not a head strike

For those saying it's unintentional:

What is the intention of that move?

It looks cool, but weird how the move is basically a loophole to stomp a downed opponent.

Illegal or not it looked cool as fuck so I'll allow it

Back