What do Anderson fans think of Israel?

wot we think:
51d96f326bb3f7336c00004f

Adesanya doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Silva

Silva is the MW goat. He's gonna be hard to top. Silva fought in a weaker middleweight division sure but he still had very legit wins over guys like Franklin (Some will say overrated but I think he was pretty good), Vitor and Especially Hendo (his best win.) His comeback against Chael in the first fight showed his heart. Dude got battered for 4 rounds but turned it around against a guy whos known for his weak sub defense. Sorry im not gonna act like guys like Leben, Irvin or Lutter aren't outdated brawlers with poor technique nowadays. His LHW win against Forrest is impressive but Forrest Griffin is kinda the little train that could. Him beating Rampage (in a very close fight) and his upset against shogun is awesome but on his feet his boxing was rocky as shit. Jan, DC, Jones, Rashad evans and Machida all have far better technique over him. Hell i'd say on their best nights Shogun woops Forrest more often then not too!
Silva is the man but I feel like if you devalue the wins Izzy has over guys like Whittaker, Costa, Vettori x2, Gastelum, Brunson and Yoel you'd need a very rose tinted pair of glasses.

silva_belfort_kick-610x406.jpg

Do you like him?
Do you feel he's a threat to Anderson's record?

I'd like to know

Not at all he already lost his fight at 205..

Hes almost half way to silvas defences he wont make it.

And hes not nearly as exciting as silva

Anderson was more graceful and forceful in his prime. Izzy bumps into the cage awkwardly a lot and will physically run away if he’s in trouble. Anderson in the zone would decimate you trading in the pocket. Izzy really relies on a reach heavy game too. Seems like Izzy is actually better at tdd than Anderson but Anderson’s bjj was obviously better. Their inputs both can plummet when fighting counter strikers which always bothers me. I do think prime Anderson would ko izzy considering he had some decent looks as a 40 something year old against him. But I think Anderson is more likely to get bullied against big strong MWs I don’t personally like Izzy, I think he tries way too hard and takes himself way too seriously and comes off as disingenuous, as opposed to Anderson who I really like and think is a great and unique character. I will say that izzys 5 wins at 185 in a row over Gas, Robert, Yoel, Costa, and Marvin are better than any 5 Anderson wins even though they weren’t all pretty.

Inside the octagon you mean? Everything Izzy does now only further enhances Silva's legacy in several ways. For one a decripit old Silva was competitive with prime Adesanya, and Adesanya today is a weaker version of prime Silva so he is proving that prime Silva runs through this modern era with ease. So Anderson fans certainly don't mind him.

izzy is very andersonesque
the similarity is indubitable
saw a lot of it on the head movement on the cage tonight

He can surpass ando & be the greatest mw of all time. I never thought I'd say that

Izzy is a great fighter, and congrats to him on securing his 3rd(?) title defense.

It only irritates me when people try to compare him to Anderson, he's not in Anderson's class and that's no disrespect to Izzy, Anderson was just that good.

He's 21-1 in MMA and you can't take that away from him, he's a very elite fighter from his mentality to his fight night performances. He's not as dangerous or versatile as other world class strikers we've seen, but he sticks to what he does best and if you have no counter your going to drown from his consistent output.

Great addition to the division since day 1.

Lol Anderson was never that good

He show cased against such accomplished strikers such as... forest griffin, rich Franklin, chris leben... and maybe the best striker of then all in that era. TrT vitor.

He got lit up on the feet by chael and weidman. Put in the threat of a credible takedown and he withers.

This version of izzy has Anderson as his plaything.

Name the best fighter Anderson beat in their prime.

Boring, even if he doubled Anderson’s title defences, he would never have the prestige Anderson has. He tries to mock his opponents like Anderson, its just looks very poor

He show cased against such accomplished strikers such as... forest griffin, rich Franklin, chris leben... and maybe the best striker of then all in that era. TrT vitor.

He got lit up on the feet by chael and weidman. Put in the threat of a credible takedown and he withers.

Lit up on the feet? He was winning the stand up vs Weidman til he clowned, an 2nd fight he got hit behind the ear in the clinch. Chael also caught him in the back of ear. Plus the threat of the takedown from both guys like you said left Silva's hands down.

That being said, Silva's losses, roid tests, an lots of GOOD wins but few GREAT wins has to matter when comparing vs Izzy. So Izzy imo is now the new 185 goat, but we can keep saying it's Silva out of respect

He's great at fighting but not as great as Anderon was plus his personality is rage-inducing

I am a fan of both.
I think Israel is probably the most talented fighter in todays UFC. He has the potential to be among the top 10 greatest, but he seems to struggle with bigger guys.

I believe Anderson at his best beats any mw or LHW in mma history, except maybe Jones. I also think he is the best fighter we have ever seen in the UFC.

Israel is special, but he is not Anderson Silva.

Big Anderson fan .....Izzy is one of my current favourites.....I love me a slick striker

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW ever except perhaps prime Jones
Anderson is my favourite.....but no he doesn’t .....he has a chance against most .....But big LHW would be a problem imo

Prime Hendo…

Back