What do people typically think about guys who don't like or follow sports?

The Eagle

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I was talking to my coworkers and one dude said that he doesn't like or follow sports at all. Not even 1 particular sport. Female coworkers were in shock. Even for them it was weird that a dude doesn't like sports. Is it weird?

No since everyone has their own interests.

Have a friend who does not watch or has ever played sports but is into wilderness survival stuff.

Would rather have him in any apocalypse scenario than wrestler or football guy lol

It's definitely not common, but to each their own.

I respect it.

Watching sports is a waste of time--living vicariously thorugh others who are achieving. The only sport I watch is MMA and boxing, but I'd be better at life if I didn't.

senor-chang-gay.gif

I kind of envy / respect them, they are probably into something interesting like science, literature or saving the environment.. rather than "throw the ball at the dude, derp"

Last edited:
One of my close friends doesn't follow any sports. He did train himself a bit in martial arts, but never was a fan of any sports.
He likes other typical manly stuff though, like shooting, cigars and cars.

I stopped caring years ago, these days I only tune in for big games and only very casually keep up with any sports news. I grew up watching basketball, football and boxing heavy..then mma when that came along. Not sure what happened I just stopped giving a fuck.

I kind of envy them, they are probably into something interesting like science, literature or saving the environment.. rather than "throw the ball at the dude, derp"
I wish that were true, yet here I am on sherdog.

sports are cool in a casual way. i dont follow any particular team but like watching some sports when they are on. has never and should never affect getting laid. co-worker might just be more interesting than you guys.

I only watch MMA nowadays, but I spend a lot of time fishing, hunting, hiking, just being outdoors. Being out in nature to me is better than hitting the gym or watching sports on TV.

Depends on their age. If you're 25 and don't have a favorite team....hmm

On the other hand, most sports fans these days are worthless....you need to have some connection to the city of the team you support. It's pathetic otherwise...

I always liked playing sports growing up but never watched sports - for the same reason I don’t watch movies it’s too long to pay attention I’m like retarded. Then I found MMA and you just gotta watch 15 min its like damn thats easy.

Guys always jokingly gave me shit about not knowing sports stuff but usually not girls. Maybe since I played sports it was different.

Depends on their age. If you're 25 and don't have a favorite team....hmm

On the other hand, most sports fans these days are worthless....you need to have some connection to the city of the team you support. It's pathetic otherwise...
<Huh2>

No, expecting everyone to act like they're part of a hive mind is the weird thing. Not much of a sports guy myself. Besides mma, I watched basketball as a teen and boxing here and there. No interest at all in most other sports.

It's weird but not that unusual. Growing up I played all sports my younger brother hated it till this day he doesn't watch , play, follow sports

<Fedor23>

Back