What do people typically think about guys who don't like or follow sports?

After playing football for 4 years in highschool I didn't watch football until recently. Once you have been there and done that, it just is not fun anymore. People watching games dont care about technical stuff they just want to get drunk and get mad at the refs. Now i am older and i like to get drunk and yell at the refs too.

I don’t follow or watch any sports besides mma. And I really don’t follow that much, I just watch free events on ESPN and occasional ppv.

I would more question the guys that are heavily invested in watching grown men in tight pants play games.

I have a buddy who played high school football and even played in a couple of state championships as a starter but he never talks about sports and he rarely follows it. I find it strange, but he probably grew out of it.

Meh. I don't watch much these days but i still read and check stats/rankings for each sports from time to time.

Definitely to each their own. Sports is a great conversational piece but there's plenty of other things us guys can gather around and discuss. I can BS about almost anything because i read about everything. I am that guy that sits down at the doc's waiting room and opens up a few health magazine and then get absorbed by the content. I've stolen a few mags so i could finish the article.

You don't need to follow sports at all. I know plenty of buddies who don't follow or very casually care.

I don't watch any sports but MMA. And even that get old. I played them all football wrestling and track lettered in 3 sports but passive entertainment just doent work for me. Matter fact I don't watch TV at all either.

There are far more stimulating forms of entertainment. Like gaming, internet, running, fishing, etc ...TV moves to slow for my brain and I'm old. Don't know how young mind copes.

What's hilarious is everyone thinks I do watch or even played pro because I'm a big motherfucker and asks me abt xyz. I'm all, I don't know what you're talking about, go away. I actually dislike fans/stans

Get a life.

Last edited:
I have a buddy who played high school football and even played in a couple of state championships as a starter but he never talks about sports and he rarely follows it. I find it strange, but he probably grew out of it.
He's trying to block it out....thought it would be his career. Tough to watch a sport, when you think you should be playing.

My friend who built my computer hates sports. He's my best friend, there is plenty of topics to talk about besides sports.

I havent really followed sports in years. The only thing I even kind of follow is mma and even that has dropped off.

After playing football for 4 years in highschool I didn't watch football until recently. Once you have been there and done that, it just is not fun anymore. People watching games dont care about technical stuff they just want to get drunk and get mad at the refs. Now i am older and i like to get drunk and yell at the refs too.
Exactly been there done that what's the point. Played football since 5, it was called Jr tackle peewee to seniorHS roster. Last football game I watched was when Joe Montana was playing for SF.

Exactly been there done that what's the point. Played football since 5, it was called Jr tackle peewee to seniorHS roster. Last football game I watched was when Joe Montana was playing for SF.
I pretty much watch football because I am in Kansas City and we only currently slightly suck. It is cool watching it with my dad. Even my mom before she passed started becoming a football fan and watched games because it was a family thing we could all do together.

If someone wanted me to just go watch a game.....I have better things to do.

Oh and the commercials drive me nuts. There is a commercial from a pizza joint (Dominos?) that is trashing on uber eats and door dash. When has that became acceptable? My brother makes a living doing uber eats.

So basically the world sucks but when i sit down with my dad and brother and formerly my mom, it sucks kind of less.

Even the stuff I care about like the Yankees, I don't know half the guys on the team anymore and can't watch many games. If someone doesn't care about sports, I don't judge them at all. It's kind of a waste of your time honestly.

I pretty much watch football because I am in Kansas City and we only currently slightly suck. It is cool watching it with my dad. Even my mom before she passed started becoming a football fan and watched games because it was a family thing we could all do together.

If someone wanted me to just go watch a game.....I have better things to do.

Oh and the commercials drive me nuts. There is a commercial from a pizza joint (Dominos?) that is trashing on uber eats and door dash. When has that became acceptable? My brother makes a living doing uber eats.

So basically the world sucks but when i sit down with my dad and brother and formerly my mom, it sucks kind of less.
I go golf with my dad twice a week he's 80. He's same as me and not watching. That's kinda where I got the idea because he's in such great shape getting out and doing things. My mom is like 75 and rides horses and shit at her horse farm (a lot of work) she boards like 30 and 6 of her own...of course I have to help with heavy lifting when needed.

I’m not throwing shade at anyone who dislikes sports. An example I always point to is my dad and uncle. One was mr.football who just cared about sports and having his name in the paper. My uncle on the other hand was a skinny nerd who got into computers in the 80’s and became a geologist for shell oil. One is rich, the other is not.

I don't think its weird at all. I just assume they have different hobbies outside of sports. Crazy right??

I’m not throwing shade at anyone who dislikes sports. An example I always point to is my dad and uncle. One was mr.football who just cared about sports and having his name in the paper. My uncle on the other hand was a skinny nerd who got into computers in the 80’s and became a geologist for shell oil. One is rich, the other is not.
Unless you make it to the show, about .001%, you're fucked if thats what you rely on. Do both? It's not impossible to be a merit scholar and athlete just harder.

Back