What do u guys think of Chris Weidman?

A pretty good fighter who was in the right place at the right time.

Doesn't fight often enough and is way too cocky for beating old Anderson twice. I could stand him talking shit if he didn't do it from the sidelines so often. Other than that he's pretty damn great and his fight with Machida was one of the best LHW title matches ever.

I don't think his performances against Silva were flukes and his title run was a very good one. Most champs don't defend their belts like he did and he sort of ended an era of the UFC by taking out the three Brazilian legends before giving way to the new crop of MWs.

I'd say he's a distant 2nd to Silva in all time MW rankings. Despite his two recent losses I still think he's a top 5 guy in a very competitive MW division. That said he has taken some serious damage in his two losses so I wonder if he can come back improved or if his career will go down hill from here.

Weidman fought Silva, Machida, Vitor all way after their primes over. The two good fighters he's face who were in their prime, he got brutally KO'd or TKO'd in. He's not very good. He was always overrated

Decent fighter who got lucky with his timing.He got Anderson when he was still viewed as unbeatable but had declined.He got an old machida and he got a deflated Vitor.

He is still a top 5 guy and can beat the other top 5 on his night though

Weidman fought Silva, Machida, Vitor all way after their primes over. The two good fighters he's face who were in their prime, he got brutally KO'd or TKO'd in. He's not very good. He was always overrated
There's truth to that, especially in the case of Vitor. Rockhold fought the TRT-rex while he was active while Weidman faced him well after TRT was banned and as Vitor was coming off a long lay off.

I think the Silva and Machida wins are a bit better than you're giving him credit for but still those guys were not on the upswing.

Fluke, Real Deal, a bit of both?
Is Weidman the Goat or is he just a lucky good fighter?
What u guys say?

It's all been said before on this subject.

Weidman = Antonio Tarver, Silva = Roy Jones.

Weidman was a good fighter who came along at the right time to knock off a faded legend who was at the end of his incredible run.

But much like Tarver, Weidman wasn't good enough to have his own era and soon got beat up and sent back to obscurity.

The Chris is a slow, basic wrestle-boxer with a shit defence, shit cardio, no bottom game, and no kicking game to speak of. He's a good solid fighter, but far from a great one. He looked good when beating up a succession of older, faded, weaker, lighter strikers that he could take down at will, but once he started facing prime guys who could match him for size and strength, and who could fend off his takedown game, he got absolutely pistol-whipped.

The guy was a talented but limited short-term champ like Barao or Pettis. The middleweight division has moved on. So should this forum.

The Chris is obviously GOAT..

lM8o6.gif

Fluke, Real Deal, a bit of both?
Is Weidman the Goat or is he just a lucky good fighter?
What u guys say?

I think he should retire and become a part time stripper cop and part time Japanese karaoke bar singer...under the psuedonym Dawson

bhykjo.png

ae2z9g.png

2ufdc3d.jpg

Solid top 5 fighter who can beat the others on a good day, can also lose to them obviously.

Nowhere near the level of the MW GOAT, King Ping. xd

Bisping:

“Mark Munoz came back after a long layoff and had a terrible performance. Then Chris laid out for two years or something like that, injured, then came back and got a title shot. Anderson Silva acted like an idiot, and he beat him for the title. Then Anderson broke his leg (in the rematch).

“Then (Lyoto) Machida came back, and I didn’t think that fight was very good. (Luke) Rockhold showed that Machida isn’t necessarily maybe what everybody thought he was. And then Vitor Belfort, (Weidman) gets to fight Vitor off the juice.”
Rockhold:

"Weidman is a product of good timing. Only fought old, deflated Brazilians"

"He's fought a bunch of guys that were scared of him. He fought a one-legged spider, a fireless dragon and an old lion with his balls cut off. I mean, this time he's facing a different animal and I'm going to bring it to him on all levels and shut him down."

Beats Silva who proceeds to lose every single fight afterwards, beats Machida who gets ragdolled and KTFO by repeated elbows to the head by Romero, and beats non Jesus juice Vitor who gets dominated by Jacare and Mousasi.

He's better than Anderson, I don't see how Silva fans can claim otherwise.

Good fighter pre USADA
Not so good after USADA

/thread

Best fighter at MW. Him and Rockhold are even. flip a coin

Jacare and Yoel slightly behind them..

He's better than Anderson, I don't see how Silva fans can claim otherwise.
Not better than prime Silva but better than 2015 declined Silva. Anderson was winning their first fight before the Fluke KO happened.

Great fighter. despite my belief he has 2 lucky/fluke wins over spider, he's a solid fighter. the fight with Machida was awesome. his fight with Romero and Rockhold was good too. But he was fortunate enough to come in at the right time, beating deflated Brazilians on their way down.

He should move up to Light heavyweight now, gonna be tough climbing back up the middleweight ladder now and light heavy needs new talent

Back