• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you consider as the single greatest moment in MMA history?

nick diaz gogoplata against gomi in pride and then popping for weed cause it was in the states. badass. randy coming back and taking the belt from sylvia. rory vs lawler.

The SINGLE greatest? Hard to pick just one. The Saku/Royce fight is up there, but I'd say it was just as huge when Royce submitted Shamrock. Relatively small guy subbing huge juiced up dude with BJJ.

Dan-Henderson-Michael-Bisping-115.jpg
the best moment ever.

Probably 210lb Keith Hackney dropping and finishing 660lbs sumo Yarborough.

That is martial arts at its finest

White Tiger with the “Heavenly Thunder Palm” strike
Really surprised this stands out more than Gordeau pushing Tuli's shit in.

Really surprised this stands out more than Gordeau pushing Tuli's shit in.

Yea, like way more brah.

Tuli wasnt as yuge as Yarborough. That shit looked comical when them two were locked in the cage. Keith fought like a cornered animal and you see the intensity in his eyes. That shit was primal, he hammer and reverse hammer fisted him till his fist broke swinging it like a club.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. The fight had tons of buildup thanks to Chael's gifted trash talking, and it looked like he was on his way to pulling off the impossible. It was a really electric moment to see live, and perhaps the most iconic moment of Silva's great career.

andersonsubmitschaelsonnen.gif

Forrest was just one fight removed from being the LHW champ, then Anderson toys with him.

657072248.gif

Jones kills Machida and his reign of terror gets truly underway.

VqjQ53.gif

Last edited:
WCzDmP1.jpg

I mean, up to this point Conor was seen as unstoppable. Nobody can take that left hand. Dana's absolute favorite. Nate Diaz steps up on short notice with no training camp, coming in from the beach in Cabo, and beats Conor in under 2 rounds. It took Khabib nearly twice as long to get the win.

WCzDmP1.jpg

I mean, up to this point Conor was seen as unstoppable. Nobody can take that left hand. Dana's absolute favorite. Nate Diaz steps up on short notice with no training camp, coming in from the beach in Cabo, and beats Conor in under 2 rounds. It took Khabib nearly twice as long to get the win.
Cabo Nate is nigh indestructable

Tito’s triangle on Lyoto was a “wow really?” moment.

But honestly the KO of Askren was so shocking and unexpected for me.

1. Khabib dropping Conor,
2: Khabib choking Conor out,
3: Fedor surviving getting spiked and then win 30 seconds later,
4: Weili vs Joanna,
5: The Cain vs JDS trilogy.

Back