What do you do when you've got sunburned?

Also, take half a cup of water, one egg, and approx 2 tablespoons of toothpaste, blend them together in a mixer or with a whisk. Apply to sunburned areas, sunburn gone in about 15 mins.

Australian Gold Aloe Freeze Gel with Lidocaine
ag.jpeg

I got a bit sunburned around the collar just from walking for like 15 min under the sun around 1pm.

Hanes Beefy-T has like 100+ UPF according to Consumer Reports. Ordinary t-shirts have barely any UPF.

900.jpg

If you want a golden shower, all you gotta do is ask @Zer.

pretty sure vinegar is the answer to everything, at least if you live in the south

I am super fair skinned - so I burn in basically seconds of strong sun light.
It sucks - in addition to not being able to tan - so I occasionally get a spray tan (no homo).

But - burnt skin is, among the worst types of pain to me.

Aftersun, moisturizer, alo-vera, fucking yoghurt - at a particularly bad point, I put on cortisol steroid cream, which was kind of good.

But - unquestionably - the treatment which take the most amount of pain away, and heals up the skin faster than ANYTHING else is....

Wut??

Hog water!!

Yes - urine.

Is it to me, the best skin treatment - ahead of just about anything else.

It bemuses me how this is not promoted more.

Anyhow - I got fucking scorched today - so I'm just after laying in the bath and soaking my back, neck and arms in said urine.
Then I waited for it to dry in - then did it again - and again and again and again.

Then I showered.

Gonna do the same in the morning, etc - until I'm pain free.

Am I the only one?
I recently got a pretty bad sunburn. Cut off my hair which was shoulder length, then ended up doing a job where I was in the sun for a couple days all day. My neck hadn’t seen the sun in quite a while so it got a pretty nasty burn, along with the half moon shaped hole on the back of my hat. I couldn’t hardly lay my head on the pillow for a couple days, plus I had to walk around when it started peeling looking like I had some kind of disease. Bought a sun hat after that. It was about 104-106 the two days I got burned. Had to use the aloe vera, that’s the best thing I know of.

Just caught my first one after a month in SoCal.

Family was at the beach, I help my little dude put sunscreen on his back where I know he can't reach thinking he got everything he could...nope solid line at his lower back waist of burn.

I put sunscreen everywhere I can reach and forget to ask wife for help after she parks car....everything I can't reach on back burnt.

Cousin sees me and son, laughs ass off, our burns are opposite each other's.

I read putting methanol shaving foam on the sunburn and leaving it to absorb into the skin helps a lot.

shame I don't have any as i got sunburnt quite bad yesterday.

The few times I've actually been burnt, I just dealt with it. I haven't been sunburned in about 20 years since I always keep sunscreen around and re-apply it as needed when I'm outside for a long time. Even with sunscreen on, I get like 5 shades darker in a couple of hours.

I also don't wear sun screen as I don't believe in it...

That's an odd thing to not believe in. I wear the shit outta sunscreen because I don't want to potentially deal with skin cancer later on down the road. I have older family members that have had skin cancer from spending a ton of time in the sun.

I've never gone the Lyoto Machida treatment and I'm a fair skinned Aussie, basically always got a bit of burn going.

My first week of lifeguarding is always the worst because of the burns. I found this year that aloe vera lotion cooled the burn, cocunut oil and lavender healed it, and ibuprofin made it possible to sleep. The ibuprofen was the real MVP, but the oil and lavender probably helped me heal a lot quicker than I would have since it retained moisture so well.

The few times I've actually been burnt, I just dealt with it. I haven't been sunburned in about 20 years since I always keep sunscreen around and re-apply it as needed when I'm outside for a long time. Even with sunscreen on, I get like 5 shades darker in a couple of hours.

That's an odd thing to not believe in. I wear the shit outta sunscreen because I don't want to potentially deal with skin cancer later on down the road. I have older family members that have had skin cancer from spending a ton of time in the sun.
maybe its ignorant but I believe a lot of the other decisions we make in our lives promote cancer, not being in the sun. We also absorb something like 70% of what we put on our skin...

Every month it seems we hear "we just found out, that shit we told you to eat, wear, use, etc causes cancer"... The suns been here forever, I tend to think its not what we have to worry about...

Back