What do you think is the optimum male body fat percentage?

What body fat percentage do you think most men would perform best at physically? Also, what bf percentage do you think is best for both looking good and being maintainable? I mean we all know that single digit body fat looks fucking beast, but it is probably a bitch to maintain. 20% is easy to maintain, but doesn't really look all that impressive. What do you think a happy medium is? Maybe 11 to 13%?
8%.

If we're just talking looks, this will do nicely

josh-thomson-1404369769.jpg

Also no complaints here

om7m6i-b88903374z.120170302144930000gavlq828.10.jpg

for reference
body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

so many men underguess their body fat. Most guys in that 25% range think they are 12% lmao

20% crew checking in.

for reference

so many men underguess their body fat. Most guys in that 25% range think they are 12% lmao
Not sure if this is correct.. i was 20% last time i checked but im closer to the 25_% guy in this pic

Different builds store fat differently, so that body comparison pic worn apply to everyone.

Last time i went through a cut my missus complained that i was losing too much muscle. 10-15% is good for me.

A hunnet percent! Fah sure a hunnet percent! Gadoosh!

for reference

This needs to be in the OP.

10-12% looks best, I'm somewhere between 15 and 20.

Not sure if this is correct.. i was 20% last time i checked but im closer to the 25_% guy in this pic

I'm not an expert on this but I recall a very old interview with Arlovski's team during his prime years(circa 2005/2006) talking his fight prep and diet and they mention he was around 10-12% BF for his fights which does line up with the chart.

Optimal for who or what?

It differs for attracting women, sports (depending on the sport), aesthetics, etc.

Different people are built differently. This pic is more or less correct, good enough for a quick reference.

I dunno my bodyfat percentage but I'm kinda skinny fat (think Nate Diaz), I guess above 20%?

Back