What do you think of this saying? Is it accurate?

The Catch-Wrestler

[]--["""""|"""""|"""""|]>---------
@Blue
Reaction score
"Attention is a resource."

What do you think of the above saying? It popped up in my head randomly and I'm wondering whether I came up with a reasonably usable quotation.

I didn't bother searching for it online yet, but I'm sure it's there (in some capacity, hopefully not twitter).

Regardless, the thought coming together organically made me feel like less of a moron. I like that feeling.

To the subject again,

There are similar phrases in English (but they generally refer to time as a resource of value, which isn't untrue, of course). Worth mentioning is that the definitions of both 'attention' and 'resource' can be significantly altered by context. Also, worth noting, is that just because it isn't an English phrase doesn't mean that it isn't considered commonplace by a non-English speaking country.

What do you think about the phrase "attention is a resource." Is it self-evident, so it doesn't need a quote? Is it generally correct, in your opinion? Can it be improved?

Take it easy Mayberry! It has been a little while. I hope all here are doing well.​

Last edited:
I've never heard "Attention is a resource" used before but as a mantra it's good enough to spearhead the next selfhelp-craze or your new book/cult/NGO propaganda/Wolf on Wall St. type movie.

It's sort of a more economical take one the more fluffy "Energy flows where attention goes" - so i can see it have some appeal to self-helpy types who loves a glib statement but does not necessarily want to be seen as out with the fairies (which, if we're being honest, is most of them). Probably an abundance-seeking, materialist fan base will be your main demographic.

As for the truth of the statement itself: Anything is a potential resource, depending on how and if it's being used, so the statement in itself is not necessarily true but has the potential to be true. In other words, it's highly open to interpretation which again makes it a perfect mantra for the selfhelp crowd, as it can be used at will and without discernment by anyone.

Good luck in your new guru career.

43f83c6e941bca6eda9cd96bf3035757--attention-quotes-pay-attention.jpg

Its the greatest saying ever. You deserve a medal.

Here's mine - I just made this up:
[say it 5x fast]
How much attention would resourceful attractive attention whores attract if resourceful attention whores could attract attention?

I've never heard "Attention is a resource" used before but as a mantra it's good enough to spearhead the next selfhelp-craze or your new book/cult/NGO propaganda/Wolf on Wall St. type movie.

It's sort of a more economical take one the more fluffy "Energy flows where attention goes" - so i can see it have some appeal to self-helpy types who loves a glib statement but does not necessarily want to be seen as out with the fairies (which, if we're being honest, is most of them). Probably an abundance-seeking, materialist fan base will be your main demographic.

As for the truth of the statement itself: Anything is a potential resource, depending on how and if it's being used, so the statement in itself is not necessarily true but has the potential to be true. In other words, it's highly open to interpretation which again makes it a perfect mantra for the selfhelp crowd, as it can be used at will and without discernment by anyone.

Good luck in your new guru career.
Good to know at least I'm not regurgitating. I don't even necessarily believe attention should be considered a resource. It's just an idea I had that seemed very succinct. Thanks for taking the time to give your honest opinion. I'm no guru (lol) and George Carlin did some great bits about 'self-help'.

It appears the saying isn't quote-worthy, nor thread-worthy; which is all I was curious about to begin with.

Its the greatest saying ever. You deserve a medal.
I'll have my photography team post media here on Sherdog of the presentation event. We are currently working on getting it done as soon as we have the attention to spare.

God bless, and remember - maximize your utility and keep those attention levels high. Low attention levels have been linked to chronic masturbation, mild irritation of the bowels, and excess levels of wax in the ear. These are real dangers, so take care.

So you're in love with yourself just a little bit huh?

you need to put that on one of those motivational posters for some admin assistant to post in her cubicle as her life slowly drains out of her as she drones through her day.

Something along the lines of
upload_2018-5-23_15-29-20.jpeg

Good to know at least I'm not regurgitating. I don't even necessarily believe attention should be considered a resource. It's just an idea I had that seemed very succinct. Thanks for taking the time to give your honest opinion. I'm no guru (lol) and George Carlin did some great bits about 'self-help'.

It appears the saying isn't quote-worthy, nor thread-worthy; which is all I was curious about to begin with.
Seems George Carlin did a great bit about just about everything :) A very clever man, George.

Back