What fighter lost a fight but would beat their opponent in a rematch 9/10 times?

Makhachev vs that Brazilian dude

Askren v. Masvidal is the answer OP, we know this is what you were hinting.

<[analyzed}>

I am amazed no one has mentioned Fedor/Werdum yet.

Still the #2 biggest upset in the history of MMA.

Ferguson/MJ is the most obvious
I'd also have to say Ngannou/Black Beast at this point.
Others would be Islam over Martins and Colby over Warrley Alves
Ferg is there to be hit and MJs hands are fast as fuck, that fight wasnt a fluke.

I am amazed no one has mentioned Fedor/Werdum yet.

Still the #2 biggest upset in the history of MMA.
Who has Fedor beat since that fight that's anywhere near Werdum's level? If they had fought again after that Werdum would have won about 90% of the time.

I'm not sure about 9/10, but how about Zombie vs. Rodriguez. Many people seem to forget how the fight was going before the flukiest of finishes. They could fight a hundred more times, and we wouldn't get that finish again. Zombie just got careless. :rolleyes:

Who has Fedor beat since that fight that's anywhere near Werdum's level? If they had fought again after that Werdum would have won about 90% of the time.

Werdum obviously disagrees, because he claimed he'd give Fedor a rematch, and then claimed he needed surgery to avoid a rematch.

Look at Werdum's record to that point. He NEVER gave a rematch to anyone he previously beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justa gatekeepthje.. he was up 3 rounds to zero till Dustin’s punchers chance come from behind tko

Ferg is there to be hit and MJs hands are fast as fuck, that fight wasnt a fluke.

Ferguson's arm breaking while blocking a kick is absolutely a fluke. Tony often loses the first and then takes over a fight, but couldn't do it due to his injury. The fact that MJ couldn't finish a one-armed Ferguson is also hardly convincing.

Werdum obviously disagrees, because he claimed he'd give Fedor a rematch, and then claimed he needed surgery to avoid a rematch.

Look at Werdum's record to that point. He NEVER gave a rematch to anyone he previously beat.

Werdum's a bitch and always has been.
A bitch who took Fedor's soul in like a minute. Fedor was never the same fighter after that.

Back