What former "superfights" do you still want to see?

nothing really comes to mind. the only "super fight" i'm interested in is Jon Jones vs Stipe Miocic presently

I always wanted to see Shogun Rua - Anderson Silva and Tito Ortiz - Dana White.

Having super fights late doesn't make them super anymore.

Anderson/GSP means squat now if Georgie even has the balls to fight old man Silva.

Liddell/Wandy was too late also.

By former superfights I mean matchups that were talked about a lot when both fighters were on a hot streak, but then one or both fighters fell off. For example Pettis vs Aldo. Which matchups of this nature would still pique your interest?

Well Aldo is a 2nd rate boxer now so theres no point with the legs kicks that would have been a cool kick orientated fight.

Id like to see Hendo vs Silva the immediate rematch that should have happened like with Fedor and Nog

Two really good exciting fighters, champs in different weightclasses. Are you thick?
I agree that it was a great fight but it was booked before Pettis fought for the LW belt. Although he already had the WEC belt and beat the reigning UFC champ to get it.

Cro cop vs Couture when Couture was champ. UFC blew it by feeding cro cop unknowns in an attempt to create a UFC highlight reel. The guy just won an open weight tournament in pride and was ranked number two at the time and he fights Eddie Sanchez in his debut and then relatively unknown at the time Gabriel Gonzaga? This is Mma not wwe anything can happen and it did and we got robbed of a super fight.
I agree.

Not trying to make excuses because Gonzaga really came to fight that day but I think Mirko was really overlooking him as his friend Werdum had already TKO'ed Gonzaga in Brazil and was probably telling Mirko how easy it would be for him to do the same.

Then, by your definition, which fights in MMA history would be considered a superfight? If the list is extremely short, then there's no point in this discussion. Since we are interested in having a discussion, maybe loosen up the definition to allow people to speculate?
I just feel like the term "superfight" is over used.

Back in the day a "superfight" between GSP and The Spider was a mythical battle for the ages that would probably never happen.

Now people seem to think any fight with guys in 2 different weight classes is a superfight. Or any champ vs champ. Anderson and GSP were unstoppable "perfect" fighters in their own weight classes. Now people call for a "superfight" the instant someone wins a belt and barely has it for a week.

Saku vs Rickson.

Not a Super Fight but a fight I always wanted to see.
This. I post this response like 10 times a day

I'd also like to see Hughes vs Koscheck in a wrestling only match

Chuck vs Hendo, Randy vs CroCop, GSP vs Andy, Wandy vs Shogun

Saku vs Rickson no longer super nor desired but back in early 2000's one I wanted.

Kid vs Faber could still be fun . But not a super fight more a masters classic.

I am ok with some classic matchups but can't think of any where fighters still reasonably capable of fighting competitively. Even Wand vs Sonnen kind of overdue losing some luster .

P.S. Kron begin a title run somewhere preferably Bellator or UFC, but can imagine their reluctance to be tied down in an org thus doing one event at a time like RIZEN for freedom/ flexibility.

Last edited:
I would have loved to see this in PRIDE circa 2004 or 2005.

Fedor+%26+Wanderlei+Silva+with+wigs+%26+hats.jpg

Back