what gets you more tired

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
escaping side or mount? if you wana wear someone down first do you prefer to pin from sideor mount? i think it depends on there escapes if they are desperately trying to bump there hips or get a single leg x in that can get you tired fast trying to elbow knee escape not so much

in side you feel there weight more especially with a cross face

Neither. I can stay on the bottom forever without getting tired.

escaping side or mount? if you wana wear someone down first do you prefer to pin from sideor mount? i think it depends on there escapes if they are desperately trying to bump there hips or get a single leg x in that can get you tired fast trying to elbow knee escape not so much

in side you feel there weight more especially with a cross face

I can stay in side control for an hour as long as i have a proper frame that prevents the cross face (double inside bicep control is my favorite), but being mounted against somebody who knows what they're doing is very unpleasant, especially in the gi.

I prefer side control, I'm not mounting anyone.

I work like a clock drill from side to kesa to n/s then when they are tired of being pinned and smothered, I ease up so they can re establish a base (turtle) then try front head lock to take the back.

My style of grappling is to pressure them with positions into making a mistake.

I don't know what gets me more tired.

I am confident in my ability to hit my elbow escape to escape the mount against black belts.

I have to work my ass off to escape side control against good white belts.

I am confident in my ability to hit my elbow escape to escape the mount against black belts.

What this elbow escape? I wanna learn how to escape mount from black belts

btw it’s definitely side imo. The key word being ‘escape’. Anyone can chill on bottom side for hours but if someone is just holding you in side and you have 1 minute left and you are actually trying to get out of that position. It’s way harder.

Also if you’re chilling on bottom when you are mounted that’s just not a good look. I guess if you are constantly defending subs... but I don’t consider that chilling

Last edited:
pas
passings obviously the most tiring thing if the guy has good hip movement and lanky legs but wearing a guy own from top do you think you can tire them out more mounting and using hips to smash or side control to wear a guy down from bottom to then setup your attacks i like mount cause i can strike as well

With strikes it's mount and it's not even close. Also my mount escapes are way worse than my side control escapes :'(

Funnily enough I also way prefer working FROM side than from mount... Probably because my side pressure is good but my mount balance is meh. Should probably fix that.

With strikes it's mount and it's not even close. Also my mount escapes are way worse than my side control escapes :'(

Funnily enough I also way prefer working FROM side than from mount... Probably because my side pressure is good but my mount balance is meh. Should probably fix that.
you arnt the only one mount a dead position nowadays especially no gi sadly bjj use to be guard and mount was what it was known for but today nobody plays it cause they arnt good at it right away so they cling onto side

since u know today people dont mount as much means obviously there escapes wont be as good too so take advantage of that

you arnt the only one mount a dead position nowadays especially no gi sadly bjj use to be guard and mount was what it was known for but today nobody plays it cause they arnt good at it right away so they cling onto side

since u know today people dont mount as much means obviously there escapes wont be as good too so take advantage of that
You've inspired me, I'm gonna improve my mount game.

watching jake shields n maia really made em think nobody teache sorp
You've inspired me, I'm gonna improve my mount game.
lays this anymore its sad really i admit it is much harder at first to hold mount than side but like anything u gotta be willing to practice

Stuck under side control it's draining and exhausting even if I don't move. Mount is obviously a technically worse position, but I find I can relax easier and look for an escape. Still if I'm against a good purple belt or higher, I'd rather be stuck in side control, just cuz there's a 90 percent chance hell finish from mount

It depends on the opponent's ability of course, but it's the opposite for me. I don't stay flat in side control so I get out more readily, but in mount I have a hard time turning so the escape is tougher.

Side. I just find it easier to do elbow escape from mount, and even if I don't escape all the way, at least I'm in half guard. Side control just seems worse because it seems like the person on top can adjust to your escapes easier and keep applying pressure. Maybe because there's more contact?

Back