What happened to Dana White trying to stop piracy?

Not sure why this would change anything. If people can still stream for free, why pay anything at all, let alone $360 per year? If they charged $10 per month for literally everything, then I can see it because of the convenience factor.
Dude nothing is valued at 10 bucks a month anymore. What the enjoyment of the UFC is worth the same as a McDonald's combo meal to you monthly?

Dude nothing is valued at 10 bucks a month anymore. What the enjoyment of the UFC is worth the same as a McDonald's combo meal to you monthly?
I enjoy UFC events even more when I get them for free. It's like anything else, if there is an easy way to get something for nothing, you're a sucker if you pay for it. I'm not saying it's right, it just it what it is.

The UFC needs to move to a pay per month system, like Netflix. 30$ a month, for the whole damn package and they will print money faster than you can even imagine. We'd all gladly pay, and a lot of others would too. UFC fightpass is a peice of trash, I pay for it monthly because that's how i choose to support the UFC. But I can't afford to pay for PPV once and twice a month, and I don't pay for their ESPN affiliation either. 30 bucks a month they'll make more money in a year globally then they were bought for a few years ago.

damn bro the ufc should hire you

They pick and choose, when its a low level event they dont do much but for pig ppv events they unleash there tech guys and are quite successful at knocking down streams. They dont manage to get them all though of course because theres just so much piracy.

Think UFC are waiting for new anti-piracy rules to get passed in Congress. This will empower Media companies to go after streamers harder. Once that happens the Goof is going after all of them with no mercy.

LOL - is that you, Dana? Keep dreaming.

He ordered his minions to give the internet 300 lashes.

He tried
I think he wanted to put down a site that was quite easy to use, thats how he got interested into it.
Most of the other streaming sites are not so convenient to use so I guess also not so easy to bring down.
After he realiezed the effort needed to put away that one site, he gave up chasing others and doesnt want to talk about that topic anymore

J-just two more weeks ..!

Get ready ..!

let the record show dana was victorious against the evil internet pirate stealing his UFC's

Dana found out the hard way every time he closed 1 down 30 others popped up. In the beginning you might have found maybe 20 free live streams of UFC PPV's. The more Dana tried shutting them down more and more popped up. Dana found out the hard way its impossible to shut the streams down. Now when UFC has a PPV you can easily find over 1000 free high definition 0 glitch live streams of the event all over the internet just don't use a google to find them.

Wasn't that right before some Conor PPV?

Trying to scare casuals.

This is basically what happened:

MKQ1xJd.gif

The UFC needs to move to a pay per month system, like Netflix. 30$ a month, for the whole damn package and they will print money faster than you can even imagine. We'd all gladly pay, and a lot of others would too. UFC fightpass is a peice of trash, I pay for it monthly because that's how i choose to support the UFC. But I can't afford to pay for PPV once and twice a month, and I don't pay for their ESPN affiliation either. 30 bucks a month they'll make more money in a year globally then they were bought for a few years ago.

nah people will still stream it. hell, people are making millions off hacking the content off Netflix/HBO-GO and other paid streaming services, putting all the content under 1 big umbrella and selling a subscription illegally to their own websites that host all of the content and people are just buying that because it's cheaper.

They can report them too of course but I think there is DDOS stuff going on by big media companies on down low. Its an effective tool.

Now that all the major media companies are so reliant on streaming... You simply cant have these bootleg sites with HD quality rips/streams of your content. Just giving it out for free and making bank themselves with ads.
Its absolutely unacceptable for companies and in near future stronger anti piracy rules will pass. Their to much pressure from Big companies especially Disney. The mouse always gets what they fucken want.

The UFC aligned with a very powerful company. Disney saw so much value in UFC they even doubled down on their deal. PPV Event streams will get harder to find in near future.

they ain't passing shit. they've had over 2 decades and every big time corporation in the entertainment biz trying to do something about it and still nothing has been done because they know it's pandora's box. you can't get it back, that shit is out there forever, especially when most of the hacking is coming from outside the US.

it crippled the music AND film industry and the government didn't really do anything about it because they can't force Chinese/Russian/Indian hackers to abide by America's laws. you saw what happened to Tidal? lots of big music industry names tried to unionize against it and they simply can't. if you're selling something to someone, that somebody can take that and multiply that an infinite amount of times and sell it to everyone else at a marked down price and because it's cheaper/free everyone will just buy that. they have nothing to lock people out because the quality of the knock off is often the same as the quality of the real deal.

until there is some sort of value on the original that can't be gotten by a copy, they will continue to lose to streamers. specifically for the UFC their streams are sometimes worse than the illegal streams which further hurts their product.

I don't understand, is the UFC maximizing profits by charging so much for PPVs, when more people would pay for them if they were cheaper? Like, they must do their research and analysis, but it's hard to believe that this current price point maximizes profits, when so many people would rather choose to stream.

Obviously if you make it cheaper, people will still stream anyway, but I bet less would, maybe not enough less...

Hardly any repercussions for the streamer

its the big players they are after to re-coupe that money they made off them

its not really a fair system anyway

why do some get BT sports for 15.00 a month and others don't get squat

Back