What happened to Marlon Moraes, why did he fall off so hard?

AmbassadorFright

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Marlon was my favorite BW coming up I was a fan during his WSOF (now PFL) run where he was consistently putting on bangers and has some amazing wins. To this day no one ever starched Rivera, Aljo and Assuncao quite like that. He also held a legitimate win over Aldo who went on to fight for the belt. He was a JBG at 135 which is extremely rare the only person putting on consistently exciting and fun fights is OMalley. Everyone else is a boring decision machine. Was it just the Cejudo fight that ruined him, lingering injuries? I just watch him prior to the Henry fight and after and it's not even the same fucking guy and got frustrating to watch as a fan. Literally the scariest killer turn into a joke

as i recall he was murdering Cejudo (who showed a great chin for weathering that storm) but then the tables turned and he was getting killed a round later

that was the turning point of his whole career. I don't think the Aldo win means much, Aldo was back and forth back then before getting back on track

Marlon was my favorite BW coming up I was a fan during his WSOF (now PFL) run where he was consistently putting on bangers and has some amazing wins. To this day no one ever starched Rivera, Aljo and Assuncao quite like that. He also held a legitimate win over Aldo who went on to fight for the belt. He was a JBG at 135 which is extremely rare the only person putting on consistently exciting and fun fights is OMalley. Everyone else is a boring decision machine. Was it just the Cejudo fight that ruined him, lingering injuries? I just watch him prior to the Henry fight and after and it's not even the same fucking guy and got frustrating to watch as a fan. Literally the scariest killer turn into a joke
Legitimate win over Aldo? Nah, he lost that one, he knew he lost it when the decision was announced.

It's even worse than that if you've been following him in the PFL.

View attachment 1038867
So close to 9 in a row.

Still think he lost against Aldo.

Enjoyed watching him fight. His downfall has to be studied.

Sh*t happens. Chuck Liddell went from having one of the most granite chins in mma to the glassiest.
<HisEye>

Don’t know what happened but I do worry about his future. His brain has been rattled way too much.

Back