What happened to Stipe?

1. HW DC has way more power than LHW DC. That weight cut drains him.
2. DC caught him flush on the jaw and threw his whole body into that hook. He hit him so hard he broke his own hand, with wraps and gloves on....
3. Stipe didn't see the punch coming at all. DC took advantage of a hole in his game that Stipe was completely unaware of. It was also a perfect hole for DC to exploit, he is most dangerous in the clinch and on the breaks with his dirty boxing uppercuts and hooks. He knew that Stipe backs out of the clinch with his hands down from watching tape and took full advantage of it.

Good analysis. Plus he said in an interview that he baited Stipe into spinning into his fist (by threatening the takedown with his other arm), which gave it more power.

A lot of shitting on Stipe ITT. MMA fans are some fickle, fair-weather mother fuckers. You guys should be ashamed.

yeah, it kinda makes sense, but for having that huge reach advantage, i think it was a dumb strategy to be the one bringing the pressure considering it also puts you in more danger to get clinched

Cormier's had a lot of practice getting inside huge reach advantages, though. The simple arithmetic of arm length doesn't guarantee victory with him. I can't know what gameplan Stipe's team came up with for the fight but their track record has been pretty good, so I hesitate to assume they just brainfarted this time.

This happened

giphy.gif

Cormier's had a lot of practice getting inside huge reach advantages, though. The simple arithmetic of arm length doesn't guarantee victory with him. I can't know what gameplan Stipe's team came up with for the fight but their track record has been pretty good, so I hesitate to assume they just brainfarted this time.

true. and he did look effective in the first part of the round ... until the eye poke =/ ha

true. and he did look effective in the first part of the round ... until the eye poke =/ ha

; . And how ironic (I'd prefer not to say hypocritical) for Cormier to profit from an activity he's complained about his arch-nemesis using...

DC's punches are sponsored by Popeye's.

He got hit by a Ford Focus going full speed and didn’t go down, then he gets hit by a short punch by a guy who isn’t known for koing people and he drops like a sack of potatoes, what the heck happened there?

tf are you talking about? DC has 10 of his 21 wins by KO.

people in this thread are morons too. Stipe has always been chinny when he has lost twice in his career lmaooo. Some people say stupid stuff for attention i think

Stipe retard level fight IQ + Eyepokes + AKA gameplan against Stipe + Stipe below average chin = Stipe losing.

This is the worst DC i have seen in a while but these 4 things are a very important factor.

The worst DC you have seen in a while is the one that knocks out the most accomplished HW champ ever?

Ok.jpeg

I think he got a little too comfortable against DC. He wasnt afraid of his power...also he got caught. There will be a rematch after DC smokes Brock "The Turtle" Lesnar.

I'll bet on Stipe again.

I legit forgot/didn't care that this card was happening.

So Stipe lost? That kinda sucks, I guess.

But it continues the trend of royally fucking the title picture for short term gain on the part of the UFC.

I legit forgot/didn't care that this card was happening.

So Stipe lost? That kinda sucks, I guess.

But it continues the trend of royally fucking the title picture for short term gain on the part of the UFC.
So why are you in the UFC section of SD agsin?

It was literally the perfect, gameplanned punch.

So why are you in the UFC section of SD agsin?

I drift in and out, as you can probably guess from the join date/post count ratio. Thinking maybe I'll take a break again for a while. Even the off topic section is boring lately.

Back