What happens if Masvidal somehow KO’s Colby?

He will face conor at 170, and this will be the biggest fight UFC can put in a spar of 5 years. winneable fight for conor come back.

Masvidal was saying if he beats Colby, he should get the title shot. Dude is equally deranged as the Diaz Bros and Canner.
It seems that him vs Usman sells well and the UFC is giving him PPV points (according to him) he will gladly take the loses for the chance of actually catching him with something and getting paid in the process.

He will face conor at 170, and this will be the biggest fight UFC can put in a spar of 5 years. winneable fight for conor come back.
conor wont accept. he thinks mas is too big for him.

He's not sniffing another title shot as long as Usman is the champ.
He'll get his slew of money fights though (Nate 2, Mcgregor, even Bobby Green at WW haha)

Damn Leon gets no love.

It would obviously open up the matchup versus Leon.

If Jorge KOs Colby and Khamzat beats Burns, Masvidal will fight Edwards and Khamzat will get the title shot.

A lot of ifs there, but this is the scenario.

Neither are getting to fight Usman after winning this fight. Masvidal will never fight Usman again. Colby could fight Usman again, but he's gonna have to beat another one or two guys at least after Masvidal in order to get there. Plus, Colby is already talking about maybe fighting Poirier or even moving up to middleweight - I think those are way more likely for him than fighting Usman again.

But yeah, no way Masvidal fights Usman again, regardless of how this fight with Colby goes. It was clear from their previous two fights that he has nothing for Usman, especially since Usman knocked him out cold. Win or lose, Masvidal likely fights Diaz again, maybe even Conor, or some other money fight. Maybe he'll finally fight Leon after Usman beats Leon again. Regardless, no way Masvidal fights for the belt against Usman ever again.

I got Colby by exhaustion tko late or dominate decision but Mas is at a high enough level as a mixed martial artist that "somehow" doesn't really make much sense. the man got ktfo sure but it was by the p4p best fighter in the world who is good enough that he is starting to be compared to the great GSP. Colby is a great fighter despite how much i hate his cringy trash talking (admittedly he has gotten a lot better at it) but he is not so great that a win vs an extra motivated Mas is a sure thing.

Maybe Nate Diaz rematch

Hes a name fighter and they need to spread his popularity to upcomming fighters. Different thing is if they somehow find more money fights for him.

I’ll loose a lot of money.

This
200.gif

Masvidal was saying if he beats Colby, he should get the title shot. Dude is equally deranged as the Diaz Bros and Canner.
If Usman's still the champ, then yes, he's deranged.

If Usman gets unseated or something, then yes, they'll stick him in again. A lot of moving parts at WW, and who knows what the division will look like in a year.

Back