What happens if???

True, and Dana will make sure they have a smooth and profitable future.

<{katwhu}>
So far only one champion has managed to actually walk away (GSP couldnt box) from the UFC, the guy conned boxing for like 20 million, will proceed to con PFL for a few millions if he feels like it, Dana did shit about it.

Aspinall is unproven? That's absurd. The guy has wins over the current #3, #5, #8, and #9, and he finished all of them in the first round. Hopefully you're just trolling.

And what was those guys ranks when he fought them...

Outside of sergei...what were there ranks

A few years ago, I was at a big MMA event. I was right up next to the cage just a row or two behind some active MMA fighters. One of those fighters ripped out a huge Dyngus fart so loud it sounded like a jake brake. I swear the foundation of the building shook. I know my chair shook. And I was shook it down to my very soul.

So far only one champion has managed to actually walk away (GSP couldnt box) from the UFC, the guy conned boxing for like 20 million, will proceed to con PFL for a few millions if he feels like it, Dana did shit about it.
GTFOH. You must be new and have missed Dana spending weeks at interviews to belittle and malign a great HW MMA champion. A MAN who fought for years while ufc protected a scumbag being allowed to duck EVERY HW for years, then awards the current f'n joke "belt" to that coward cheat.

GTFOH. You must be new and have missed Dana spending weeks at interviews to belittle and malign a great HW MMA champion. A MAN who fought for years while ufc protected a scumbag being allowed to duck EVERY HW for years, then awards the current f'n joke "belt" to that coward cheat.
Ohh yeah, and what did he actually accomplish? Nothing, Ngannou went and box, twice and could even go a 3rd time, Dana saying stuff meant nothing.

I'll be surprised if Blaydes doesn't beat Tom again to be honest. Fought way better guys and is much more proven.

Jones will dominate Stipe though, would be crazy if he somehow lost for the first time to a part time fighter like that

It would be funny...but not hilarious..

People sleeping way too much on Stipe IMO if you go watch his fights dude has been pretty consistent his entire career... And hes always had breaks between fights to fight fires like a man...

And Tom is pretty unproven for a interim champion... Half his wins in UFC are against guys no longer with the company or on there way out so i dont think him losing to Blaydes is out of the question...but Blaydes does tend to fold on these bigger fights

That's a weird comment about Aspinall. Only two of his wins are no longer with the company. Meanwhile all of Stipe's wins are no longer with the company except for Arlovski who Tom also beat.

I thought Stipe was definitely retiring, but it seems I made that up!
I recall hearing or reading a quote from Stipe saying for Tom to wait for the Jones vs Stipe fight as after that Stipe will unify with Tom. Jon on the other hand was non committal at first, I chalked that up to negotiation tactics for his next fight but now it is much clearer that he wants to be HW champion with Conor level of intent to defend it.

I'll be surprised if Blaydes doesn't beat Tom again to be honest. Fought way better guys and is much more proven.

Jones will dominate Stipe though, would be crazy if he somehow lost for the first time to a part time fighter like that
How do you arrive at Blaydes having fought WAY better guys?
Blaydes has 23 fights and 18 wins. Should be 19 wins but it was overturned due to marijuana. Funny enough it was a knee injury for a TKO. Take away a win as his "Win" over Tom is nothing he earned so back to 18 wins. While he has more fights in the UFC and fought some good fighters losing to Francis x 2, Lewis, Pavovich all by brutal stoppage don't add to his resume. His best wins are JDS, Overeem & Volkov.

Tom has 17 fights and 14 wins. His only real loss was a Heel Hook in his 4th fight. A DQ Jon Jones style for 12-6 elbows and the knee injury don't really tell us how someone can beat Tom. Tom's best wins are Pav who brutally KO'd Curtis, Volkov & Tybura.

Curtis has more fights but his best wins are over aging vets and the best guys he has fought beat him soundly. He certainly has a chance but Tom has shown he is far more skilled in all areas except maybe wrestling.

How do you arrive at Blaydes having fought WAY better guys?
Blaydes has 23 fights and 18 wins. Should be 19 wins but it was overturned due to marijuana. Funny enough it was a knee injury for a TKO. Take away a win as his "Win" over Tom is nothing he earned so back to 18 wins. While he has more fights in the UFC and fought some good fighters losing to Francis x 2, Lewis, Pavovich all by brutal stoppage don't add to his resume. His best wins are JDS, Overeem & Volkov.

Tom has 17 fights and 14 wins. His only real loss was a Heel Hook in his 4th fight. A DQ Jon Jones style for 12-6 elbows and the knee injury don't really tell us how someone can beat Tom. Tom's best wins are Pav who brutally KO'd Curtis, Volkov & Tybura.

Curtis has more fights but his best wins are over aging vets and the best guys he has fought beat him soundly. He certainly has a chance but Tom has shown he is far more skilled in all areas except maybe wrestling.
I just think Aspinall has not been tested much, he has fought a couple of good guys, but only a few. Blaydes, Pavlovich and not a lot else sticks out. Volkov is good but I don't overly rate him, he is a very hot and cold fighter.

Blaydes has been tested more in my opinion and for longer.. he's fought a lot more top 10 guys, when they fought him they were in the top 10, its only relevant to the time remember. People can laugh at Hunt but he was in top 10 and so was Rozenstriuk at the time.

I just favor Blaydes because no one has ever beat him up really, he has just been caught with punches out of nowhere for his losses. We shall see, but I think Blaydes is much better than people realize and can wrestle anyone to death if he doesn't fall in love with the hands.

And what was those guys ranks when he fought them...

Outside of sergei...what were there ranks
Pavlovich (2), Volkov (6), Tybura (10), and Spivak (14). All finished in the first round. You can downplay it all you like, but that's pretty damn impressive.

That being said, although I've said that Aspinall is the best HW on the planet for a while now, I do think there are a couple questions that need to get answered (which is true for every rising fighter): first, how will he do against a good wrestler. We haven't seen him operate from bottom position. And second, how will his cardio hold up in a long fight.

Stipe is in retirement and coming out of retirement for Jon (so day say). So I expect Stipe to go back into retirement post Jon fight, win or lose. And Stipe deserves a ton of blame on why the HW division is such fuckin trash. But Jon definitely is most responsible right now.

Stipe vs Blaydes seems like a decent matchup if it happens. Also assuming Stipe isn't a glass chin with his age. Wrestling would cancel out, Stipe has better striking, but Blaydes has more power. IDK it would work sort of.
Blades said he's likely to retire if he wins tho

GTFOH. You must be new and have missed Dana spending weeks at interviews to belittle and malign a great HW MMA champion. A MAN who fought for years while ufc protected a inspiration to us all being allowed to duck no one for years, then awards the current GOAT belt to that inspiration.

Fixed it

I just think Aspinall has not been tested much, he has fought a couple of good guys, but only a few. Blaydes, Pavlovich and not a lot else sticks out. Volkov is good but I don't overly rate him, he is a very hot and cold fighter.

Blaydes has been tested more in my opinion and for longer.. he's fought a lot more top 10 guys, when they fought him they were in the top 10, its only relevant to the time remember. People can laugh at Hunt but he was in top 10 and so was Rozenstriuk at the time.

I just favor Blaydes because no one has ever beat him up really, he has just been caught with punches out of nowhere for his losses. We shall see, but I think Blaydes is much better than people realize and can wrestle anyone to death if he doesn't fall in love with the hands.
Blaydes has been tested more but failed several. I can see Tom forcing him to stand and I see Tom as being far superior in that arena but that is why we have the fights.

I guess you haven't been paying attention. Jones himself said Stipe is the most DANGEROUS and RELEVANT opponent he could possibly choose to fight. If he's not contemplating defeat at the hands of this full time firefighter who hasn't fought in 3 years, or won in 4, he's just lying to himself.

Back