Media What if Colby pulls the upset?

Everyone’s writing him off

After rewatching the first fight , I definitely give Colby a shot .

he brought it to usman … outpaced him and landed lots …. Usman went beastmode in round 5 , but before that it was 2-2 if not 3-1 Colby .

people are over rating Usman …he’s a beast yes … but he is NOT the p4p number 1 fighter …. He’s not the best at anything so how’s he the most skilled fighter …. Not a ninja on the feet and not a wizard on the ground …. He’s just an absolute unit who’s tough AF aswell.

that said , Burns wobbled him …. Colby landed lots on him ….. there’s no reason Colby can’t again .

Usman hasn’t improved as much as everyone thinks …. He’s defended his belt against Colby (close fight) , decisioned 2 week masvidal, got hurt then finished burns , then ktfo masvidal in a rematch ….. that’s not the greatest ww resume ever , abs certainly not the p4p number 1 .

problem for Colby is he does have to be perfect for 5 rounds , whereas Usman definitely does have beastly power.

I bet a couple Hundo on different parlays taking Usman …. But to say he’s so improved and Colby has no chance is just crazy .

Usman definitely has improved a ton, he's gone from consistently picking up decisions over the 'not quite elite' to finishing them pretty easily. He beat Burns and Masvidal without troubling the championship rounds. That's not just indicative of an uptick in skill, it's also indicative of Kamaru beginning to realise he can afford to fight more aggressively.

This is literally a nightmare for his opponents.

Covington is a different kind of proposition to Burns and Masvidal, but at the same time he's nothing new for Usman.

I'm not totally sure he finishes Colby, but I do think he wins every round if it goes the distance. I don't see what Colby has that's worrisome for Usman.

I wouldn't be that surprised. People acting like this is a squash match for Usman, they might be in for a surprise.

Usman is a beast of a WW with power and unbelievable conditioning but I was never that impressed with his skills. Not convinced his striking has improved that much either, he's just more confident and throws more. He looked terrible at times in his last fight swinging like a cave man. But when he listens to Whitman and keeps everything tight and basic he is very efficient because of his power and reach. But Colby is actually the more skilled fighter both in grappling and striking, he just lacks that "umff!"

You still gotta pick Usman but this is about 60-40 imo.

Last edited:
If Colby pulls off the upset he will most likely become the WW champ.

This entire board will look SO stupid. The way people speak on this fight they don't even give Colby a chance is beyond stupid to me Usman is the rightful favourite but it could go either way.

lol

the eyes never lie chico

Are you having ghey fantasies when you see their staredown? Cus it sounds like it. Or at least I got that mental picture by reading the OP, so pretty sure I'm ghey now.

Usman's striking may not be great, but it's light years ahead of Colby's striking. Colby could hit a six-year old flush with an uppercut and she'd walk right through it.
Colbys striking has many more dimensions to it than Usman he mixes it up much better and lands more strikes.

Met this beautiful girl in college the other day, she looked at me and her face said "ugh", her mouth said "ugh", all my friends heard her say "ugh" and she immediately walked the other way.

But the eyes don't lie. Her facial expressions and words and basically everyone is wrong and I'm right because "eyes". I'll ask her out on Monday. What could go wrong?

They do a bit, you can tell there is a friendly banner there and they laugh at each others jokes a lot actually.

Met this beautiful girl in college the other day, she looked at me and her face said "ugh", her mouth said "ugh", all my friends heard her say "ugh" and she immediately walked the other way.

But the eyes don't lie. Her facial expressions and words and basically everyone is wrong and I'm right because "eyes". I'll ask her out on Monday. What could go wrong?

<{katwhu}>

I think we're getting a trilogy then, if Usman's up for it. If he takes time off to fix some injuries and Doostin wins the LW belt, or/and if Mas beats Leon - Colby will fight one of them, in the mean time.

Wouldn't be that big of an upset, but I really hope he doesn't win. I just can't stand that asshole.

Back