What if Kazushi stayed fresh in the 2000 grand prix?

Midget Boxer

Thank you Fedor. HW GOAT forever
Banned
Reaction score
He fought Royce for 90 minutes and threw the towel in the next fight against Igor due to exhaustion. What if Sakuraba was fresh heading into his fight with Igor Vovchancyn? If he beat him, then he would have faced Coleman in the finals.

I think he would have eliminated Igor with a sub and then lose to a bigger Coleman. But size disadvantages didn't deter Kazushi at all.

Would have been huge for pride to have a fellow Japanese win the grand prix

What if Kazushi decides to identify as a woman? Subs Val or Amanda?

Igor via TKO punches. Coleman via decision

I think Igor still wins.

Coleman got submitted by a toilet roll holder while on the toilet once, so I'll take Saku by armbar

The more interesting question is what if Fujita was not injured and actually fought Coleman (or they subbed someone else in so Mark didn't essentially get a bye)

He fought Royce for 90 minutes and threw the towel in the next fight against Igor due to exhaustion. What if Sakuraba was fresh heading into his fight with Igor Vovchancyn? If he beat him, then he would have faced Coleman in the finals.

I think he would have eliminated Igor with a sub and then lose to a bigger Coleman. But size disadvantages didn't deter Kazushi at all.

Meh. Saku had some good wins vs vitor and rampage, etc but mostly made his name against much smaller gracies. He was skilled and tough but Igor would have annihilated him.

Meh. Saku had some good wins vs vitor and rampage, etc but mostly made his name against much smaller gracies. He was skilled and tough but Igor would have annihilated him.

They actually fought. Saku didnt got "annihilated", despite being handicapped. lol abject NOOB

The more interesting question is what if Fujita was not injured and actually fought Coleman (or they subbed someone else in so Mark didn't essentially get a bye)

He took INSANE punishment for the 1st few minutes of the fight with Kerr. That was more about what each man could take more than what they could put out. Kerr beat the piss out of him until he gassed - I think three mins in. Fujita wouldn't have lasted much longer. And man, Kerr took some shots once he'd gassed.

Sakuraba did ok in Pride

They fought for 15 minutes and Igor didn't annihilate him at all, so why should he do so against fresher Saku lol.

If we're going to fantasize about what ifs for this Gran prix, then the correct answer is:
Guy Mezger beats Sakuraba by decision as they agreed to a one round fight only.

Guy Mezger gets a TKO over Royce and almost becomes a legend but...

After losing in the beginning, Igor knocks out Mezger in the next fight, instantly taking away his legend status.

Coleman still beats Igor and wins the tournament.

Back