What if Max wins against Gaethje at UFC 300?

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know this isn't likely but there is definitely a chance that Max survives the first few rounds and drowns Gaethje with volume.
The only thing that worries me is Justin's leg kicks. Max doesn't deal well with leg kicks and Justin's the best leg kicker in the division.
After he eats a few dozen, that will ruin his defense and set him up for Justin's power shots.

Anyway, if he wins does that mean he is next for Makhachev?
That's interesting beacuse all of Makhachev's title fight wins would be against feahterweights who moved up to lw.

Who are you rooting for?
Who would you have Makhachev fight next?

He'll wind up moving into 155 and getting smoked by Olives, Poirier again, and Islam. Or, he'll get a title and lose it to Volk. There's no way this ends well.

All due respect to Max but I really have a hard time believing he can win this fight. I’m surprised he accepted it. He just doesn’t have the power to match the big hitters in that weight class. And the amount of time it takes to put on the volume to really hurt an elite LW. Is too long to be taking leg kicks, and powerful strikes from Justin. I just can’t see this going Max’s way. Justin is the last person I’d suggest Max fight at LW.

I like Max way more, though.

If he loses, he should challenge Benoit Saint-Denis for the CTE belt

If Holloway wins that's a ticket to a LW title shot where he'd get absolutely manhandled by Islam <Eek2.0>

NLD35N@facebook.gif

Jfc I hope they don't make this fight I love Max but this is terrible matchmaking he's totally outgunned against Gaethje this is a career ender kind of fight like Gaethje vs Ferguson imo.

Too tough for good gonna take a beating for 4 and a half rounds

he will get a freak show belt and go back to 145
Maybe his plan is to get that "belt", and try to dangle it as incentive for Volk to take another fight with him.

Ridiculous fuckery, it's certainly possible.

IF he wins, well, he will get another high profile fight for LW belt or his now own BMF belt, doesnt he have a win over Olives? It could mean better preparation for another LW fight.

Maybe his plan is to get that "belt", and try to dangle it as incentive for Volk to take another fight with him.

At that point he probably wont need Volk or whoever has the FW belt, the BMF belt can carry a PPV on its own, it just means better fights for him, or whoever has it (PPV).

Back